Sponsored

APR aero

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Has anyone used their aero with good results?
GTC-200/250/300 and the splitter.

I know the ACRs have crazy downforce and the traction galore but it comes at a price of chewing up front tires.
Sponsored

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Oxford White Premium GTPP
I have the APR splitter, and the GT350 Track Pack style wing. I mounted the splitter about 1” further out/forward than it was designed for. This is the maximum length the included suppport rods can accommodate. Any further out and you need longer rods (not hard to find/install).

I’d love to add an APR wing, too. Not sure which of their offerings, whether specific to S550 chassis or universal-fit, I am most interested in yet.

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
For those that have the APR fitted.. does it make that much difference on track.?
I have the Steeda Functional Race wing fitted to the rear...

Scurd Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the APR GT-250 Wing on mine. Don't think they offer GTC series for our cars. The GT-250 wing made a huge difference in high speed especially. Was a Autoclub Speedway last month and was hitting 150mph on the Roval. The rear end stays planted throughout but my balls shrinked and I ease off the gas LOL. But I know that the car has alot confidence to go faster. Especially with the wing.

I also have a seperate trunk for a CF GT350 Track pack wing and never used that on track. But on the highway I felt the different straight away. I also don't really notice them chewing my tires away. I have talked to a few owners who have the same wing and they did mention they chew alot faster especially on lower TW tires. I'm on PS4S with 300TW, probably thats why it will last it little longer.

All in all, I would recommend but install of the GT250 Wing has to be done carefully. I have seen alot stance guy do it wrong and they warped their trunk lol. Here's a picture for you to see.

Entering the Roval at full throttle.
sKYfh2.jpg

Wolverine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Oxford White Premium GTPP
All in all, I would recommend but install of the GT250 Wing has to be done carefully. I have seen alot stance guy do it wrong and they warped their trunk lol.
Can you shed any more light on what you mean regarding the mounting? What is the “right” way to do it and what is the wrong way?

Sponsored

Scurd Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Can you shed any more light on what you mean regarding the mounting? What is the “right” way to do it and what is the wrong way?
What I have seen people doing wrong is that they over torque the bolt from the wing stand and they install it without using the spacer that is provided by APR. The spacer has to be inside the trunk that helps support the downforce that is generated from the wing, preventing it from warping the trunk and also for structural support.

Also I have seen people run a extreme aggressive angle on the wing for highspeed runs???? That might also be the cause of why there is warping on the trunk.

Last edited:

bananafonez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt shadow black
For those that have the APR fitted.. does it make that much difference on track.?
I have the Steeda Functional Race wing fitted to the rear...
i went from having the steeda wing to the apr wing and the difference is huge at high speed sweepers. i only have have the apr spillter, same set up as Mr. Scurd Racing, but i dont feel that does much. I tend to understeer alot and my wing is only at 5 degree angle. planning on making a bigger chassis mounted splitter soon.

Scurd Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
i went from having the steeda wing to the apr wing and the difference is huge at high speed sweepers. i only have have the apr spillter, same set up as Mr. Scurd Racing, but i dont feel that does much. I tend to understeer alot and my wing is only at 5 degree angle. planning on making a bigger chassis mounted splitter soon.
I think maybe you can talk to APR to fab a custom longer version of the splitter. I don't feel the splitter as much too lol. I'm planning to doing a longer splitter in the future. The current splitter on mine is chassis mounted. Did you bolt yours to the bellypan or the chassis?

bananafonez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt shadow black
I think maybe you can talk to APR to fab a custom longer version of the splitter. I don't feel the splitter as much too lol. I'm planning to doing a longer splitter in the future. The current splitter on mine is chassis mounted. Did you bolt yours to the bellypan or the chassis?
belly pan
Sponsored