Stage2 Whipple

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
93 with 3X Lucas octane booster
this was a huge drawback for me with my Supercharged 19 GT. not a track car, more of a road trip car, and being in AZ means 91 gas only. adding in Boostane every fill up, which can be a lot at 12 mpg, was a pain. now if it was a track only car, no worries.

only thing i miss about IL, that 93 and e85 everywhere.

Luckystang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1
this was a huge drawback for me with my Supercharged 19 GT. not a track car, more of a road trip car, and being in AZ means 91 gas only. adding in Boostane every fill up, which can be a lot at 12 mpg, was a pain. now if it was a track only car, no worries.

only thing i miss about IL, that 93 and e85 everywhere.
I will only be adding it in the winter months because of the fuel additives.
Summer months 93 only.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
same…so I switched my plates to the family farm in Texas for a wallet busting 72 bucks 😂

…but I DID have to drive it out there for the $7.00 safety inspection, so we made a vacation out of it 😬
My family farm in Texas may get a couple of new cars too :crackup: really don't want to put on that 1000 miles though.

Ronlowen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2018 401a a10 3.15 gears
bang for the buck, and cutting a couple more hoses are 2 different things though.

anyone thats halfway comptetent can install any of the kits pretty easily

we've had 1000 people if we've had 1 install the coyote kits over the years without issue
Beefcake, can you shoot me a email price on a vortech or Paxton polished and a 1600 cfm head unit. Considering ess at the moment but I’ll take your word on what you put on here.

[email protected]

Sponsored

OP
OP
SMOKE46

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
My 12 yr old F-150 is still $220 a year....these ill informed voters keep voting to increase taxes...it's bad - enough of us stop paying taxes and the system goes down.
Think he’s talking about registration not town taxes

OP
OP
SMOKE46

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
That's one of the main reasons why I want a centrifugal is to keep the manifold and the manual is set up to do well with the gear ratios already. Easier to keep cooler and less cost.
Yes I was told buy one guy that a pro charger actually made more hp but but the ads say No whipple will make more hp

Sponsored
OP
OP
SMOKE46

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
It’s all part of the same damn racket :angry:
Yep these politicians need to be made accountable and stop these handouts to people who should be earning their way instead of playing the system for handouts to keep out taxes high

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I will only be adding it in the winter months because of the fuel additives.
Summer months 93 only.
still a pain, but i had no choice in AZ. every fill up needed it since we get 91 only.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yes I was told buy one guy that a pro charger actually made more hp but but the ads say No whipple will make more hp
It's not so much about how much HP it makes. It's more about how the HP is delivered to the wheels. The Whipple is violent and will shred tires. The Centrifugals like to live in the higher RPM's and have lighter take offs which is right where the Coyote's sweet spot is. It's a never ending argument as their are pro's and cons to all setups but that's just my two cents.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
there is no right or wrong answer,

all the kits can make good power.

hell, we ran 7.7 back in 2015 with our centir.. to date, only 1 other blower car has been faster after nearly 7 years, and we were just starting to scratch the surface. car had at least a 7.3 if not 7.2 in its configuration at that time.... wish i hadn't sold the car....

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
It's not so much about how much HP it makes. It's more about how the HP is delivered to the wheels. The Whipple is violent and will shred tires. The Centrifugals like to live in the higher RPM's and have lighter take offs which is right where the Coyote's sweet spot is. It's a never ending argument as their are pro's and cons to all setups but that's just my two cents.
IF I ever decide to go with a power adder it'll be a centri. just fits the purposes of the car more. Now, if they'd made this a straight line Mach 1 instead (live axle, 7.3 pushrod type of badass), I'd go for the blower. Also, going with stick instead of A10, so centri is better fit there as well.
Sponsored