2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Spoke with a local Ford dealer about my 21 Mach1 , on a install for the whipple stage2 they want $13,500 to install . I know the whipple is $9200 don’t seem like a bad price anyone else have it done to their Mach1 ? This dealer is big into racing and has their own mod shop so, I guess they know there stuff. Told me I don’t need any upgrades unless I’m gonna track it, then they recommend a upgraded clutch and one piece driveshaft . I’m thinking on a one piece driveshaft anyway just need info on that whether 3.5 inch or 4 inch I think the Mach1 has a 31 spline shaft. Anyone have any info on this ?
Question for everyone, how much horsepower can a Mach 1 manual Tremec take without upgrading the drivetrain if the car is never going to be tracked? Thanks.

OP
OP
SMOKE46

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
Beefcake I’m sure your prices are cheaper but the geographical distance is much greater and this Ford dealer will warranty his install for 3 years. On a side note we’re you on NLOC and F150, Lightningrodder. Boards years past, their was a guy with same handle there years ago too

OP
OP
SMOKE46

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
This NHRA dealership says 700+ hp to rear wheel and it will be OK on street but, if tracked it would need upgrade to clutch and one piece driveshaft

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
This NHRA dealership says 700+ hp to rear wheel and it will be OK on street but, if tracked it would need upgrade to clutch and one piece driveshaft
Damn, they build these things tough! Seriously, how many other cars can you just bolt on 40-50% more horsepower and not have to upgrade the clutch or other parts of the drivetrain?!

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Damn, they build these things tough! Seriously, how many other cars can you just bolt on 40-50% more horsepower and not have to upgrade the clutch or other parts of the drivetrain?!
old broncos. it wasn't until I quadrupled the horsepower and tripled the torque that it started breaking stuff. oh, and doubled the weight of each tire by about 2.5x

OP
OP
SMOKE46

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
Yes you have to do it right, but things break if your tracking cars or trucks it the price you pay to race , I see a lot of people put big tires and never upgrade axle bearings,rear ended gears,driveshafts $$$$$$$ to play 🏎🏎🏎

Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Stage 1 makes 700+ and stage 2 makes 800+ at crank
Did you get the stage 2 installed? Interested in your thoughts on it, ride quality, handling change with added weight up front, etc.

OP
OP
SMOKE46

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get the stage 2 installed? Interested in your thoughts on it, ride quality, handling change with added weight up front, etc.
Not yet they’re telling me it’s a 10 week backlog

OP
OP
SMOKE46

SMOKE46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
Vehicle Showcase
I already have handling pkg so I don’t know if they would change any of that , it would be just adding the intercooler & plumbing loosing my intake and adding the whipple I assume

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
That's one of the main reasons why I want a centrifugal is to keep the manifold and the manual is set up to do well with the gear ratios already. Easier to keep cooler and less cost.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
That's one of the main reasons why I want a centrifugal is to keep the manifold and the manual is set up to do well with the gear ratios already. Easier to keep cooler and less cost.
Procharger isn't applying for a CARB EO for the Mach 1 :( stupid commifornia
Sponsored