Sponsored

Can you really turn off Traction Control?

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I'm long past my track and autocross days, but this is good information for if and when I get the opportunity, Interesting that Ford put that plug in an accessible location. I used to autocross my Saabs and Tracked my E36 M3, and really didn't have to worry about nannies at the track.
Sponsored

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
If it doesn't impact ABS then I think this will be my first mod, anyone driving on the street with the plug fulltime disconnected?

Last edited:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
if it doesn't impact ABS then I think this will be my first mod, anyone driving on the street with the plug fulltime disconnected?
I was - but only by laziness. No reason to drive with it unplugged on the street. If you're at the point where Advancetrac intervenes on the street, you need to think hard about what you are doing...

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I was - but only by laziness. No reason to drive with it unplugged on the street. If you're at the point where Advancetrac intervenes on the street, you need to think hard about what you are doing...
From what I've read so far, Id prefer to disconnect the plug and completely opt out upfront.
I want this cars chassis to be in its natural state, not computer enhanced under pre set driving conditions. (ABS excluded).

Could possibly see it being useful in snow or ice conditions but other then that, I cant see a need for it.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
From what I've read so far, Id prefer to disconnect the plug and completely opt out upfront.
I want this cars chassis to be in its natural state, not computer enhanced under pre set driving conditions. (ABS excluded).

Could possibly see it being useful in snow or ice conditions but other then that, I cant see a need for it.
You're in the thread where people talk about tracking the car, not street driving it. There is no enhancement to anything, these are for safety of most people and if you end up in a situation where those intervene - on the street - you've done something very wrong and need to rethink you're driving. There is no need to ever pull that plug on the street.

Sponsored

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
If it doesn't impact ABS then I think this will be my first mod, anyone driving on the street with the plug fulltime disconnected?
So you’re looking to be in one of those Mustang crashes into a crowd videos, are you?
Sheesh, can’t you be more original?
:wink:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

pappagray

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 PP1
Car did it since it’s first track day at 250km. It’s simply how the system works

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
From the description, it’s this connector:

4AA1626E-4827-4914-B428-8E7DE244891B.jpeg
Looks like your plug might be missing the locking latch too - please could you confirm ?

I thought mine was lost or broken off, but if yours is the same maybe they are supposed to be like that ?

1633291259547.jpeg

WD :like:

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Now there’s a recent thread discussing that plug, can I bring this into the conversation :

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/the-dyno-‘i-want-to-do-donuts’-plug-….165646/

Anyone know what the other two wires are for … ?

As I've said - I talked about it with FoMoCo engineer and found out nothing, so good luck...

Also, like already has been stated in this thread - it does not disable ABS. I've run with the plug out today on a very wet asphalt. Would probably noticed that ABS was disabled, what do you think ?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Also, like already has been stated in this thread - it does not disable
Yesterday I tested it in a gravel parking lot, ABS definatly works with the plug pulled. I went 40 mph and slammed on the brakes.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
As I've said - I talked about it with FoMoCo engineer and found out nothing, so good luck...

Also, like already has been stated in this thread - it does not disable ABS. I've run with the plug out today on a very wet asphalt. Would probably noticed that ABS was disabled, what do you think ?
Thank you, I was more interested than anything and have no interest in pulling that plug to find out … lol :like:

Yesterday I tested it in a gravel parking lot, ABS definatly works with the plug pulled. I went 40 mph and slammed on the brakes.
Yeah I know that know, I only thought it did after reading so on here - but I know otherwise now :like:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Right so, actually disclaimer first:

TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, KNOWING FULL WELL BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN.

Try the same going around a circle in a BIG EMPTY PARKING lot get on the brakes hard. See what direction you shoot off to.

OP
OP
WCRookie99

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5
Looks like your plug might be missing the locking latch too - please could you confirm ?

I thought mine was lost or broken off, but if yours is the same maybe they are supposed to be like that ?

1633291259547.jpeg

if you’re talking about the red snap you see on many connectors, correct I don’t have it, looks like a different design to keep it together. Here’s a better photo

BA42C637-213E-4757-8998-7C47B64110F2.jpeg
Sponsored