Sponsored

Stereo Information (Wiring, Upgrades, etc...)

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
@Cathul where are you located so I can bring my Stang by?
Sponsored

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Figures. You're almost 5 hours away. Hoping you were close(r)

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Has anyone ran speaker wires into the doors? I’ve watched CAF’s video on how to drill the door wire harness plugs and run speakers through there. Anyone used this method? If so, how difficult is it to remove and reinstall the plug?
I’m going to replace all my door speakers and run them active from a JL VXi amp with DSP so I’ll have 4 wires going into the door and two up to the tweeter.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Has anyone ran speaker wires into the doors? I’ve watched CAF’s video on how to drill the door wire harness plugs and run speakers through there. Anyone used this method? If so, how difficult is it to remove and reinstall the plug?
I’m going to replace all my door speakers and run them active from a JL VXi amp with DSP so I’ll have 4 wires going into the door and two up to the tweeter.
There is no reason to run new wires through the door. Just run new wires for the tweeters and use the wires in the door for the midrange and mid-bass.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’ve had my factory Molex connectors apart in the doors to do this and quickly discovered that it was impossible to do. There is simply no room to drill and pass speaker wires through.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I ran fairly heavy gauge into my doors and I didn't mess up the big molex (can't remember what gauge). I'll try and get better pics. Last pic will give you an idea of the size of wire going into the doors coming from the amp on the left. Driver's side door shown.
PObDFkb.jpg

8HwbPM7.jpg

UExkPiB.jpg

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I ran fairly heavy gauge into my doors and I didn't mess up the big molex (can't remember what gauge). I'll try and get better pics. Last pic will give you an idea of the size of wire going into the doors coming from the amp on the left. Driver's side door shown.
PObDFkb.jpg

8HwbPM7.jpg

UExkPiB.jpg
Any issues with the door pinching the bundles?

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Not that I've noticed and its been a couple years like that.

Sponsored

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Hoping for some help. I am looking for some cleaner sound and some bass (not overkill). I have the 9 speaker 8 inch screen system without a sub and wanted to look at something easy to install since this is not my area of expertise. I was looking on one of the sites suggested here, and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. Based on the above, what kit would work best for me?
https://plugnplaykits.com/products/...eer-plug-play-amp?_pos=2&_sid=fd362498d&_ss=r

I'd like to get my front speakers more power for crisp clean sound (i have already replaces all the front speakers and removed the center) and to get a small sub for some bass. I also have a convertible so there aren't a lot of options for a sub either. I used forscan to disable the eq, so I think I've done everything I can short of adding equipment. Again, I was hoping to get some kind of plug and play setup since I am not at all familiar with this stuff. TIA !

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
So you want more power (i.e. new amplifier) for your front speakers and add a subwoofer, is that correct?
In this case i would recommend a DSR1 with the appropriate harness aFO3, amplifiers with enough channels to run your front system and a subwoofer active and go from there.
The kits referenced in the link you gave are just for adding a subwoofer, but not additional amplification for your front speakers.

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
So you want more power (i.e. new amplifier) for your front speakers and add a subwoofer, is that correct?
In this case i would recommend a DSR1 with the appropriate harness aFO3, amplifiers with enough channels to run your front system and a subwoofer active and go from there.
The kits referenced in the link you gave are just for adding a subwoofer, but not additional amplification for your front speakers.
Yes, exactly. Thank you for the info!

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Many of today’s amps have LOCs built in so you can run high level lines in without issue. If you’re going to run your mids and highs ‘active’ you’ll need a DSP. Again, there’s many options for that as well.
Sponsored