Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I see his problem. He's in N Korea .................... Well, Ohio. :cwl:
Sponsored

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Does it really? NICE. Wife got a used F-150. One of the newer ones that also has the composite pan/plastic plug. EVERY video was like "Careful, oil shoots out fast." My dumb*ss was like "nah, I got this with this tiny pan."
Well almost an arm burn later and 6 quarts of oil in my driveway, I was proven wrong.

Thing is, I'm on septic system and french drains, can you really flush these near that? Last I want is needing my tank pumped.
It says Biodegradable on the label... With septic, you may just want to cover it with Oil Dry for a few days first. Then if you still need to clean up more, spray this on, wipe it up and toss the towels.

I placed a plastic tarp on the floor under the car, wiped off as much as could with rags..

Sprayed it on and let it sit for 10 minutes, then hit it with a light spray from a hose.

The tarp controlled the mess.

I hope this helps.

35DE0BF8-6BCA-4274-BA77-6246C57D8A98.jpeg

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Can you share a link to the plug? Does it make oil change faster/easier?
The stock plug makes a bit of a mess because of no way to really modulate it. I will find out how much easier the UPR plug makes it next oil change...

Lethal wants $28 to ship that which makes no sense. Better to buy direct from UPR via their eBay store, it's $10 less than Lethal and free shipping:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294070271964

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks for the good info! I know there was a Cars & Coffee near here back then, not sure if they cancelled it with covid.

Penzoil full synth is only $45 for 10qt. Add filter. You need to shop better.

friends? going outside? What kind of lunacy is this? You're on M6G. The Forum is all you need. The Forum will provide. The Forum knows everything.
The Forum does provide. :)
As far as the oil change goes though, my driveway is uneven and the Bullitt so low. I've put jacking rails on but my jack is too tall for the car. I haven't gotten ramps yet.

My oil changes were all during warranty things, so I figured 2 birds kind of a thing. I get you can save the money, but until I'm out of warranty, the hassle of jacking it and then taking the oil to recycle somewhere is not worth it. I still got like 4 jugs from wife's F150 oil change I've been sitting on for 2 months.

I see his problem. He's in N Korea .................... Well, Ohio. :cwl:
Wait, am I missing something? :crackup:

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The stock plug makes a bit of a mess because of no way to really modulate it. I will find out how much easier the UPR plug makes it next oil change...

Lethal wants $28 to ship that which makes no sense. Better to buy direct from UPR via their eBay store, it's $10 less than Lethal and free shipping:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/294070271964
That was my precise issue here, with old metal screw-plugs, you can untwist a little to let it relieve some of the pressure. With the plastic it's either on or off. Next time I'll get a dang 5gal bucket I guess.

Sponsored

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
Just letting it rest after a weekend road trip to Nashville. Got to see some TA2 Mustangs chase Camaros (and the the one odd Challenger), New and Old Indy Cars, and finish off last night with Miss Joan Jett live at the Ryman. Good times.

IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0360.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
Just letting it rest after a weekend road trip to Nashville. Got to see some TA2 Mustangs chase Camaros (and the the one odd Challenger), New and Old Indy Cars, and finish off last night with Miss Joan Jett live at the Ryman. Good times.

IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0360.JPG

IMG_0385.JPG
I saw her in concert December 31, 1978 at the Cow Palace in San Fransisco when she was with the Runaways, my first concert ever. They were opening act for Rick Derringer and headlined by Sammy Hagar.

Last edited:

TasGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 MY17 Mustang GT 5L Triple Yellow Convertible
Thanks for the good info! I know there was a Cars & Coffee near here back then, not sure if they cancelled it with covid.

The Forum does provide. :)
As far as the oil change goes though, my driveway is uneven and the Bullitt so low. I've put jacking rails on but my jack is too tall for the car. I haven't gotten ramps yet.

My oil changes were all during warranty things, so I figured 2 birds kind of a thing. I get you can save the money, but until I'm out of warranty, the hassle of jacking it and then taking the oil to recycle somewhere is not worth it. I still got like 4 jugs from wife's F150 oil change I've been sitting on for 2 months.

Wait, am I missing something? :crackup:
A four post hoist in the garage makes life much easier, and they ar3 not that expensive 😄👍🏻

ArgentumS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, A10, PP1, Recaros, 07 4Runner V8
Vehicle Showcase
Cleaned my aFe dry filter. Vacuumed the air box.

Sponsored

OGsmakDadE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber blue GT, 1999 Honda Prelude
Pardon my ignorance, what's the point of this? Is it visual, or are you guys having issues with these? Honest question, not trying to be smart.
Mostly visual, but I wash my car often, as it doesn’t spend time in the garage. I started to notice some weathering of those parts, and I was hoping this would help.

heres the link for the ronin plug:
https://roninfactory.com/collections/ford/products/ford-f150-raptor-oil-drain-ronin-factory

I tested out my fender mats today. I went old school in hopes that I can force myself to pony up for a 31-35 real steel Ford coupe with a flat head V8…. Someday.

04F5916F-D1C9-42DC-BB52-26FD82471634.jpeg

Last edited:

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
After several KAM resets, the car is still stuck thinking it's full of ethanol. So until I replace the tuner device, I'm stuck with having to run e85 all the time.

I made the trip tonight and filled up with e85. Car feels normal again. Sounds normal again. :)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Thanks.
Did it from the drivers seat with wheel in place. Yes lots of patience ! I just took my time and took a few breaks.
Totally looks great, definitely looks Pro-wrapped. You could prob make some side cash doing that on an exchange basis.