Sponsored

Lost 3rd at the track

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the GT350 trans was supposed to be the best trans out there for 18+ Mustangs. I was wondering if I should consider this swap over a T56 trans swap?
No, you have a Bullitt. Just stay in the slow lane.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, but just so you know
Love it when the Royalty try to put down the peasants, then the peasants layeth the smacketh down haha.

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
I lost the 5th to 6th syncro in my 2019 R car only has 1,900 mi on it dealer checked it out and tryed to order the parts he called the next day with bad/good news bad news 1st........ there is a national shortage and the parts you need the dealers that have them are not willing to give them up!!! Good news ford is sending us a complete new unit. I pick up the car on Friday so.........we will see

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
That FP air filter is not fitting very well.

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I see that, but to me….looks like it’s not sealed very well then the bottom of the filter is sticking out pretty far from the intake piece. On a side note, I just put in the FP filter too…I felt around the inside of it and found a few strands of the wire that holds it together, protruding out….so I had to clip them. The strands could have broken loose and gone right into the intake manifold and into a cylinder. If you buy one, check it for strands of the wire.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
I agree, how good a seal would get bolting it up like that, lol. Found No wire strands on mine when purchased.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
After a significant delay (shop is busy), my car is undergoing repairs. I haven't heard the full diagnosis yet but parts are on order. When I asked the tech what broke, he said, "It's hard to know what went wrong first..."
Appreciate the updates :like:

Did you get any more details of what went wrong?

I hope the repair is complete and permanent!

OP
OP
datadatum

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Appreciate the updates :like:

Did you get any more details of what went wrong?

I hope the repair is complete and permanent!
Per texts with service advisor, third and fourth are toast. Parts are coming in from all over the country. Repair will start once all the parts are in. No word on warranty, but perhaps it will be since they have not provided a repair estimate? I haven’t broached the subject.

Sponsored
OP
OP
datadatum

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Car is all fixed now. New 3rd/4th plus a bunch of synchros and related parts. Drives great.

There are a couple of odd sounds coming from the car that I could use some feedback on:
1) The transmission has a "whine" to it that increases with gear speed. I think it may be the new gears simply breaking in?
2) There is a noticeable hum from the engine bay when the clutch is out, and it goes silent when I push the clutch pedal in. Any ideas?

I plan to contact the service manager on Monday to let him know about these new sounds.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Car is all fixed now. New 3rd/4th plus a bunch of synchros and related parts. Drives great.

There are a couple of odd sounds coming from the car that I could use some feedback on:
1) The transmission has a "whine" to it that increases with gear speed. I think it may be the new gears simply breaking in?
2) There is a noticeable hum from the engine bay when the clutch is out, and it goes silent when I push the clutch pedal in. Any ideas?

I plan to contact the service manager on Monday to let him know about these new sounds.
Sounds like something's wrong inside the transmission to me. It shouldn't be making a whining noise. Did they replace the bearings in the transmission?

The hum when the engine is running and transmission is in neutral with the clutch out also sounds like a transmission bearing issue to me. Another possibility is they didn't shim something properly and one of the shafts isn't preloaded as it should be.

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
Pulling the clutch pedal back up with your foot reminds me of my 97 Eclipse GST days way back when. That was a sure sign of crank walk, lol.
My wife borrowed the Talon one day to go to work and I had to go over the driving instructions:

"When you make a left turn, press the clutch pedal twice before putting it in gear."

OP
OP
datadatum

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
Sounds like something's wrong inside the transmission to me. It shouldn't be making a whining noise. Did they replace the bearings in the transmission?

The hum when the engine is running and transmission is in neutral with the clutch out also sounds like a transmission bearing issue to me. Another possibility is they didn't shim something properly and one of the shafts isn't preloaded as it should be.
Regarding bearings... they said when the planned repair was complete, the car failed the mechanic's test drive because of an additional bearing that needed to replaced. Took an extra week to get the car back because of that.

Parts list below, there are a few bearing assemblies...
IMG_5256.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: