Automatic or Manual?

• Total voters

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If your purpose is for maximum acceleration to 60 mph or 1/4 mile, the A10 is not going to disappoint as that will be the fastest ET you'll get over any manual.
True, it fully accommodates a total no-skill klutz so he doesn't have to be embarrassed by his own ineptitude or heaven forbid be forced to improve his technique.
Sponsored

Groovy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 700A Tremec Oxford White
I have one of each. Depending on its purpose.

My 19 GT is manual (and Iā€™m the only one in the family that can drive it:clap:) Easiest manual car Iā€™ve ever driven. Just donā€™t tell anyone!

My 17 F150 Platinum is an Eco Boost 3.5L A10 3:55 gear 2WD The F150 is real freaking quick for size and weight of the vehicle. With the torque of the turbo and perfectly geared transmission I could have probably gone with a higher rear gear for fuel economy. But hey, I can dust most any windup boy racer from a red light. I completely understand both sides of the argument. Only have 2 complaints with the A10. 1. Can be kind of clunky at times. (Hard shift for no good reason). 2. Sometimes driving very slow in a parking lot the trans will shift 1-3 when you donā€™t want it to. You have to be ready to brake or run the risk of running someone over.

All in all you canā€™t go wrong with either one. :like:

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Manual all the way. I'm not a fan of 6th gear on the D3 MT82's I wish it had more use, they could have made it closer to 5th. I haven't driven a GT350 but I'd imagine its engagement is smoother. Challenger's 5.7 and 6.4 are a joy to drive in manual, but the driving position is like you're sitting on top of the car, whereas in the mustang you feel you're sitting inside of it.

Super-Genius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Oxford White Mustang GT
True, it fully accommodates a total no-skill klutz so he doesn't have to be embarrassed by his own ineptitude or heaven forbid be forced to improve his technique.
Man ... that was just savage :crackup:

Super-Genius

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Oxford White Mustang GT
Honestly, I had been driving trucks for a good while, all auto. I guess I got lazy. So after discovering how good the A10 is, it was a no brainer for me. I think it's perfect with the 3.55's

Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Guess we'd better tell John Force and other NHRA nitro drivers that they're no-skill klutzes since their clutch is all computer controlled along with other stuff on the car. All they do is steer and maybe pedal the accelerator IF they lose traction (no traction control on their cars).

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Man ... that was just savage :crackup:
True. This just goes to show that no matter the topic, subject, etc. there will always be division for whatever reason. You'd think that in a Mustang forum that most are happy with their Mustangs and that would be the uniting factor, yet there's EB vs. NA, auto vs. manual, PP vs. base; I mean gee whiz, can't we just be happy with what we have together? We picked a Mustang, not a Challenger or Camaro. BTW, I kind of dislike the names of cars that have nonsense names like Camry, Corolla, Camaro that mean nothing. Mustang, Challenger, Accord, etc. are real names or words you can find in a dictionary.

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Back in 2006 I bought my GT with an auto trans thinking my wife may need to drive it. She never did. Not making that mistake this time. šŸ˜
Same here, made the same mistake. Not again.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Bought an auto because it was a good deal and I didnā€™t want to wait, plus Iā€™ve never driven manual. But I think I would choose manual as the only way I drive the car is in sport mode with paddle shifters now

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Bought an auto because it was a good deal and I didnā€™t want to wait, plus Iā€™ve never driven manual. But I think I would choose manual as the only way I drive the car is in sport mode with paddle shifters now
Nothing against autos. I drove an auto GT for 14 years. Even if I had paddles, I wouldnā€™t have used them. Seems like cheating. šŸ˜ I have paddles in my 2020 Explorer XLT. Used them onceā€¦ā€¦just didnā€™t feel right for mešŸ˜ thatā€™s why Iā€™m getting my stick back! šŸ˜

SuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Well here is my 2cents,
I love my A10, its the best.
I do not drive my car on the streets anymore, just the track and the A10 is flawless.
Other than cooling it has been great, I have added an external cooler and no more issues.
With everything that is going on around you on the track the clutch is one less thing to worry about.
As I have said here in the past, when I 1st got the car I did not like the A10, but, with the adaptive learning on the A10 it has turned into a monster eater on the track. Too Much Fun...

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Well here is my 2cents,
I love my A10, its the best.
I do not drive my car on the streets anymore, just the track and the A10 is flawless.
Other than cooling it has been great, I have added an external cooler and no more issues.
With everything that is going on around you on the track the clutch is one less thing to worry about.
As I have said here in the past, when I 1st got the car I did not like the A10, but, with the adaptive learning on the A10 it has turned into a monster eater on the track. Too Much Fun...
Makes sense to me. Mine wonā€™t be going to the track. i havenā€™t driven a stick on a regular basis since I sold my Torino cobra in 1990.
Hope I still remember how! šŸ˜‚

PoopyWolfy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Whatever floats your boat. I voted manual even though I own the A10 haha. I imagine the mustang as that car you just want to have fun with and when I think of that, its always a manual gearbox. I feel like I just have more fun with a manual gearbox than I do with an auto.

The A10 wowed me enough on aggressive shifting that I bought it. After that initial wow factor has settled, it still puts a grin on my face when I drive it hard and it aggressively upshifts or downshifts to match. Currently I pre-occupy myself driving it in manual mode a lot. When I cruise around in a manual car, I shift based on sound and feel rather than looking at the RPM and yet I still know what gear i'm in most of the time. In an A10, its not instinctual and I have to actually remember which gear I upshifted to or briefly glance at the dash. If I need to downshift, I need to determine what gear is appropriate, how many gears it needs to go do, and if manually going down with the paddles is fast enough (using the paddles to drop 6 gears, there's usually 2-3 downshifts) or if I should bump it back into drive and stab the throttle to get it to downshift all the way down in one go.

If I got another mustang, I'd probably have to drive both back to back to see which one I'd get as a fun daily. As a secondary "fun" car, manual all the way.

SuperDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Bobn57
Nice 68', I had a 67' fastback when I was a teenager, 302, dual quad tunnel ram, 5.13's, doing 11.90's at LIONS drag strip.... Yes, LIONS drag strip, for all us Fossils out there.
Love to know how you progress with it, as you go along.
Sponsored