• Total voters

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
i went A10 this time. my '19 is a daily. i do get stuck in stop and go around O'Hare airport. ive done stop and go in several different manuals, my 95 gt and I had a 98 jetta TDI-so a very, very easy clutch, i think that little 1.9 had about 89 hp lol. it still gets old in traffic. it gets old much more quickly with a heavier clutch.

the 10 speed auto is legitimately fun. in sport mode you can make it keep a gear and not downshift. it is a far cry from older autos from even 10 years ago. to say that you cannot still have fun in one of these autos is, in my opinion, simply not true. someone referred to the auto once as "watered down", call it what you will but it is still a blast to drive. this is coming from someone who would give ppl crap for buying a vette or mustang with an auto, yet here i am :cwl: some people complain about the constant shifting it does-this, to me at least, only becomes apparent when it's in sport mode. i dont normally leave it in sport mode, especially when i am just going back and forth to work. i keep it in normal and i dont have any problem with the way the car shifts or downshifts. id imagine those who do likely leave it in sport or sport +, and i could see that getting annoying for normal driving.

all that being said, i already have a manual in my 95, so i kind of have the best of both worlds. if it were my only "sporty" car, i would probably still go manual. there is something to be said for rowing the gears yourself. i dont street race and ive never been on a drag strip, so the extra performance of the auto wasnt really a factor, the daily driving part is what made me go auto. that fact that it is a little faster is just a bonus. hope this helps. i voted manual-im assuming this will be your only mustang or "fun car", i could be wrong on that. if i had to pick one or the other, id go manual. especially if you dont get stuck in stop and go traffic often, then an even stronger vote for manual.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Hmmmm... :idea: An idea!

Ok folks, I'm going to do this one by the numbers:

1. Regardless of transmission, every Mustang is garbage.

2. The OP is likewise garbage.

3. But I think we can all agree, v6 models are double garbage.

4. Gotta say, I love bashing and slamming on the S550 Mustang, other Mustangs, Ford Motor Company, the owners and administrators of this site, the moderators or other staff members. You could say that's what I'm out to do.

5. Nuff said.

6. Hmmm...let's see... @Bikeman315, white cars are for sissies!

7. I wonder what every individual part weighs.

8. Hey guys, I'm selling a 1:64 scale red 18 GT. $35k, price is firm. No shipping, bring a tiny trailer. Seriously inquiries only.

9. Truth be told, I'm starting a 1:64 scale car dealership. Come on down to Mik's Mini Motors, for all your micro motor needs! Located just off the turnpike, we've got everything the miniature automotive enthusiast needs. All makes and models, something to fit every lifestyle and budget. Financing is available for qualified buyers. Don't miss out on the opportunity to purchase 1:64 of a dream!

10. Don't bother with Todd's Tiny Transport. That guy will rip you off. He claims to have genuine 1:64 scale cars. They're not, they're 1:65 scale Chinese made knock-offs. Don't waste your time and money.

11. You can view my inventory here:

https://www.ebay.com/

Use search term "1:64 car" to get started.

tenor (17).gif

14. You know what's great guys? Mowing down puppies after doing the drugs during an illegal street race, that's what. I like to vote about bibles with my gun while doing it.

15. All business inquiries can be directed to my alternate account @mikthehun2

@Twin Turbo, now that this thread has broken every rule, can it be locked now :giggle:

...or is it just an instaban for me :bandit:
1624968171531.gif

Well, of course, except for #6 šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ‘

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
That transmission needs manners and some finishing school. It's fast as hell, but not fun when just driving. Loving the MT-82 / 3.7 combo in my coupe.
This exactly. I currently have the A10 but ordered and taking delivery of an M6 next month.

The A10 is definitely faster but annoying as hell in daily driving.

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
ive drove A LOT of higher HP versions of both sides. I just cant get behind the MT-82, the way an A10 keeps you in the power is NUTS, and the 7 speed DCT is even more insane. The TR6060 is better than the MT82 if you MUST feel the need to row gears but it just doesnt compare. I love them all any way, but I am glad my own Mustang is an A10. This narrative is all decided by how you use your car, so its really one of those "to each their own" scenarios

Sponsored

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
ive drove A LOT of higher HP versions of both sides. I just cant get behind the MT-82, the way an A10 keeps you in the power is NUTS, and the 7 speed DCT is even more insane. The TR6060 is better than the MT82 if you MUST feel the need to row gears but it just doesnt compare. I love them all any way, but I am glad my own Mustang is an A10. This narrative is all decided by how you use your car, so its really one of those "to each their own" scenarios
Agree the MT-82 is not the best. If manual Tremec rocks so that means you need Mach One, GT350. I Just picked up a 2021 GT with A10 so family can drive a mustang and I am super impressed. Really a great transmission. So if no Tremec go Auto. IMHO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aleks
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT base
Manual until my left leg goes out! I could see benefits of an auto if you live in a big city with a high volume of traffic. Then again, you probably would not be DD a Mustang to sit in traffic and burn fuel like mad.

rabid_josh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
Agree the MT-82 is not the best. If manual Tremec rocks so that means you need Mach One, GT350. I Just picked up a 2021 GT with A10 so family can drive a mustang and I am super impressed. Really a great transmission. So if no Tremec go Auto. IMHO
my 20 is an A10 becuase my wife also drives the car

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
To each their own, but there are a lot of preconceived notions people have about an auto. I did the same. The auto Mustangs in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s were using like 4 speed OD transmissions with power robbing converters. Slow as dogs. If you haven't at least driven a A10, I would reserve comment. If you have, then you are free to form your own preferences and opinions. I'm in my first auto Mustang (4th one) and it's a lot of fun. It reminds me of a race car and when you hammer down those Brembos in Sport+ mode hearing it quickly rev-match downshift through 5-6 gears in Track exhaust mode is like music to the ears. -- Wah.wah.wah.waah.waaah.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/why...automatic-is-so-much-quicker-than-the-manual/

Last edited:

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
This exactly. I currently have the A10 but ordered and taking delivery of an M6 next month.

The A10 is definitely faster but annoying as hell in daily driving.
what annoys you? legit question, not being a d1ck, just trying to get insight. ive heard this before and im curious as to what exactly about it annoys you or how you drive it in daily driving. do you leave it in sport or sport +?

Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Manual until my left leg goes out! I could see benefits of an auto if you live in a big city with a high volume of traffic. Then again, you probably would not be DD a Mustang to sit in traffic and burn fuel like mad.
unless you're a moron like me :cwl: i had an explorer sport before the '19 gt but still wanted another mustang. my entire commute is not traffic, but i do live in chicago burbs, many times you run into heavy traffic when you really dont anticipate it. if i lived even 50 miles out from where i do now, there's no question id have bought a manual. the A10 is a good compromise, however, between dealing with traffic and still maintaining the fun factor.

i still cant wait to get my 95 back on the road and go back to feeling like im doing one-legged leg presses, stick is still so much fun :rockon:

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hmmmm... :idea: An idea!

Ok folks, I'm going to do this one by the numbers:

1. Regardless of transmission, every Mustang is garbage.

2. The OP is likewise garbage.

3. But I think we can all agree, v6 models are double garbage.

4. Gotta say, I love bashing and slamming on the S550 Mustang, other Mustangs, Ford Motor Company, the owners and administrators of this site, the moderators or other staff members. You could say that's what I'm out to do.

5. Nuff said.

6. Hmmm...let's see... @Bikeman315, white cars are for sissies!

7. I wonder what every individual part weighs.

8. Hey guys, I'm selling a 1:64 scale red 18 GT. $35k, price is firm. No shipping, bring a tiny trailer. Seriously inquiries only.

9. Truth be told, I'm starting a 1:64 scale car dealership. Come on down to Mik's Mini Motors, for all your micro motor needs! Located just off the turnpike, we've got everything the miniature automotive enthusiast needs. All makes and models, something to fit every lifestyle and budget. Financing is available for qualified buyers. Don't miss out on the opportunity to purchase 1:64 of a dream!

10. Don't bother with Todd's Tiny Transport. That guy will rip you off. He claims to have genuine 1:64 scale cars. They're not, they're 1:65 scale Chinese made knock-offs. Don't waste your time and money.

11. You can view my inventory here:

https://www.ebay.com/

Use search term "1:64 car" to get started.

tenor (17).gif

14. You know what's great guys? Mowing down puppies after doing the drugs during an illegal street race, that's what. I like to vote about bibles with my gun while doing it.

15. All business inquiries can be directed to my alternate account @mikthehun2

@Twin Turbo, now that this thread has broken every rule, can it be locked now :giggle:

...or is it just an instaban for me :bandit:
I would totally go to Mikā€™s mini motors... that shit sounds dope.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT