Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Automatic now but when I was younger manual. Manual is more fun but now automatic is more
Practical at least for me.
I ordered a manual. Last stick I owned was 1970 Torino Cobra 429SCJ that I sold in 1990. Drove my sons BMW 335i but that was a few years back as well. Felt the urge to get back in a stick. Hopefully it comes back to me quickly. Auto rev match should help. Donā€™t want to embarrass myself when I drive it out of dealers lot šŸ˜ƒ
Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

I've got one of each. Never drive the convertible (auto) unless I have to. That transmission needs manners and some finishing school. It's fast as hell, but not fun when just driving. Loving the MT-82 / 3.7 combo in my coupe.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
They want to fuse my left ankle, NOT until I can't walk anymore. The thought just gives me chills.
do whatever is best for your health, im a manual guy, but if I was told I needed a surgery for my overall health/life enjoyment, id do it. id get an auto and enjoy.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Manual.
After cost, itā€™s the biggest reason I have a GT350 and not a GT500. All that power is no fun without a third pedal.

I thought the same till I drove the GT 500 DCT , itā€™s a blast. I had previously owned a 2017 GT350. Currently not missing the manual

048243BB-166E-454B-91C6-4AF485C956A4.jpeg

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I thought the same till I drove the GT 500 DCT , itā€™s a blast. I had previously owned a 2017 GT350. Currently not missing the manual

048243BB-166E-454B-91C6-4AF485C956A4.jpeg
Once a car becomes fast enough, an auto is really needed to actually make use of the power. I don't mind the GT500 being auto when it has so much horsepower. IMO under 600 and I want a manual, over that and I'd rather have an auto.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I just want to get everyones views on Automatic vs Manual Mustangs and your views on 6speed vs 10speed
I guess you forgot to try the search function and read the oh I don't know DOZEN+ manual man vs auto-boy threads? But I'll award a point for at least using the survey feature even if wasn't thought thru.

Score: -99

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Never drive the convertible (auto) unless I have to. That transmission needs manners and some finishing school.
agreed. It was atrocious/appalling driving an '18. Someone needs to overlay the F150 strategy or something. A good tuner can probably fix that though. Shouldn't have to...

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
do whatever is best for your health, im a manual guy, but if I was told I needed a surgery for my overall health/life enjoyment, id do it. id get an auto and enjoy.
Same here. Still healthyā€¦..if I get to that point Iā€™d be more than happy with an auto.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I just want to get everyones views on Automatic vs Manual Mustangs and your views on 6speed vs 10speed
Let's just say I've never appreciated having my transmission gear choices made for me. I can handle that all by myself without assistance, thank you very much.

Now I absolutely do understand physical limitations getting in the way . . . I've had a number of knee surgeries over the years. But as long as I can operate a clutch better than I can run, I'll be driving stick.

Norm

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Another thread that won't end well.......but we'll beat this dead horse a little more :like:

How about......there is no right or wrong. Just get what suits you best and don't worry about what other people think.
Hmmmm... :idea: An idea!

Ok folks, I'm going to do this one by the numbers:

1. Regardless of transmission, every Mustang is garbage.

2. The OP is likewise garbage.

3. But I think we can all agree, v6 models are double garbage.

4. Gotta say, I love bashing and slamming on the S550 Mustang, other Mustangs, Ford Motor Company, the owners and administrators of this site, the moderators or other staff members. You could say that's what I'm out to do.

5. Nuff said.

6. Hmmm...let's see... @Bikeman315, white cars are for sissies!

7. I wonder what every individual part weighs.

8. Hey guys, I'm selling a 1:64 scale red 18 GT. $35k, price is firm. No shipping, bring a tiny trailer. Seriously inquiries only.

9. Truth be told, I'm starting a 1:64 scale car dealership. Come on down to Mik's Mini Motors, for all your micro motor needs! Located just off the turnpike, we've got everything the miniature automotive enthusiast needs. All makes and models, something to fit every lifestyle and budget. Financing is available for qualified buyers. Don't miss out on the opportunity to purchase 1:64 of a dream!

10. Don't bother with Todd's Tiny Transport. That guy will rip you off. He claims to have genuine 1:64 scale cars. They're not, they're 1:65 scale Chinese made knock-offs. Don't waste your time and money.

11. You can view my inventory here:

https://www.ebay.com/

Use search term "1:64 car" to get started.

tenor (17).gif

14. You know what's great guys? Mowing down puppies after doing the drugs during an illegal street race, that's what. I like to vote about bibles with my gun while doing it.

15. All business inquiries can be directed to my alternate account @mikthehun2

@Twin Turbo, now that this thread has broken every rule, can it be locked now :giggle:

...or is it just an instaban for me :bandit:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
WHO GIVE A F@ā‚¬K? Last time I checked Ford still offers both. Any anyone thatā€™s still replying that manuals make your penis longer. Or make you more manly:crazy:Or autos are faster. And being faster makes your penis grow. And hence more manly. Is a f&ā‚¬kin IDIOT. Now you can end the thread.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
You have FAR too much time on your hands lol

Hmmmm... :idea: An idea!

Ok folks, I'm going to do this one by the numbers:

1. Regardless of transmission, every Mustang is garbage.

2. The OP is likewise garbage.

3. But I think we can all agree, v6 models are double garbage.

4. Gotta say, I love bashing and slamming on the S550 Mustang, other Mustangs, Ford Motor Company, the owners and administrators of this site, the moderators or other staff members. You could say that's what I'm out to do.

5. Nuff said.

6. Hmmm...let's see... @Bikeman315, white cars are for sissies!

7. I wonder what every individual part weighs.

8. Hey guys, I'm selling a 1:64 scale red 18 GT. $35k, price is firm. No shipping, bring a tiny trailer. Seriously inquiries only.

9. Truth be told, I'm starting a 1:64 scale car dealership. Come on down to Mik's Mini Motors, for all your micro motor needs! Located just off the turnpike, we've got everything the miniature automotive enthusiast needs. All makes and models, something to fit every lifestyle and budget. Financing is available for qualified buyers. Don't miss out on the opportunity to purchase 1:64 of a dream!

10. Don't bother with Todd's Tiny Transport. That guy will rip you off. He claims to have genuine 1:64 scale cars. They're not, they're 1:65 scale Chinese made knock-offs. Don't waste your time and money.

11. You can view my inventory here:

https://www.ebay.com/

Use search term "1:64 car" to get started.

tenor (17).gif
:crackup:

14. You know what's great guys? Mowing down puppies after doing the drugs during an illegal street race, that's what. I like to vote about bibles with my gun while doing it.

15. All business inquiries can be directed to my alternate account @mikthehun2

@Twin Turbo, now that this thread has broken every rule, can it be locked now :giggle:

...or is it just an instaban for me :bandit:
Sponsored