Sponsored

No drill license plate bracket options

Rascalrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP Prem.
Sto n Sho here mounted offset. Works good for me! First thing I told the dealer as it came off the truck..."Do Not Drill MY BUMPER!"

20160227_171528_zpsmkrpyhml.jpg
Sponsored

ippe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB Ecoboost
Just a word of caution if you install the Cragis bracket when it's very cold out. I installed it in the beginning of Feb when it was like 10 degrees out following all directions. I even heated up the area it would be mounted to with a heat gun till it was 80 degrees. Three weeks later I walked outside and the plate was hanging face down held on by a small amount of adhesive still secure near the back of the bracket. Craig was great and sent me a replacement bracket right away but I will wait till warmer temps in spring before I install it again.
This.
Installed mine early 2015 and it held the first winter (harsh!) well. (applied the tape in warm garage). Although later during summer same thing happened to me, plate was hanging down and barely held down with the tape.
I ended up fixing it to the bumper with screws to be sure..

Bigger problem that I experienced this winter was that the thumbscrew that provided with the bracket had loosened itself and finally jammed on the threads. I suppose road salt had something to do with this. Good that it didn't fall off but I wasn't able to remove the plate anymore and it was moving back and forth...
Had to take the bracket off and carefully destroy the aluminum thumbscrew and replace it with a nylock nut.

I'm still pretty happy with the design of the bracket. Makes off-center installation easy and it's lightweight.

Last edited:

rsmustangjr16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Performance Pack
STO and SHO. Although, watch out on the steep drives and what not. I already flattened out the mounting holes on mine and had to fix them. It only takes one small hit and the plate bracket won't fit after that. It's worth it though as I did not want that ugly plate bracket from the factory on my car.

Sponsored

JamesinLittleSilver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
STO and SHO....but I have not put it on yet the plate is under the driver mat in the front. :rolleyes: I just cannot bring myself to ruin the look.

3 pedal metal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT

ecotechguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost soon
Was just wondering. Is it really necessary to drill that eighth inch piece? It seems like it'll still be secure with just the two screws with the spacer?

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
+1 for Sto n Sho

It also convienently fits in one of the spots where my tire inflator kit is in the trunk ;)

Sponsored

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Told my salesman not to drill the bumper when I ordered my car. Called him back a few weeks later and told him not to drill the bumper or I'd walk away from the deal. A few days before arrival he had lot attendants coming to him asking permission to drill bumpers for every Mustang delivery. And when I got my car the bumper mount was taped to within an inch of its life to the spare tire with a big sign on it not to drill the bumper. Had the whole place paranoid. Mission accomplished.

Oh - and the Craig's bracket works great. I like the location of the plate (would be good with stripes too).

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Here's my solution. Cost $3 for suction cups.

plate.jpg

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Here's my solution. Cost $3 for suction cups.
Supposedly it's not legal to do that in TX. I asked a cop many years ago if I could put it on the windshield, and he said nope. Or did that change now? I'd not leave it there for any length of time, but just to get out of a ticket momentarily, I'd be fine with that. Need to check the TX laws on front plate again, but I'd be surprised if something changed. Did you check it???

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Supposedly it's not legal to do that in TX. I asked a cop many years ago if I could put it on the windshield, and he said nope. Or did that change now? I'd not leave it there for any length of time, but just to get out of a ticket momentarily, I'd be fine with that. Need to check the TX laws on front plate again, but I'd be surprised if something changed. Did you check it???
After further research, i am going to plan B. Currently searching for a better option.