Sponsored

Craig's license plate bracket

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Hey, has anyone ever used screws on the 3m taped part of the Craig's license plate bracket?
I can't tell from the pictures if the screws would come out in a bad/visible spot.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I'm not sure what you mean. I used the double sided tape and it's on there good. No need for screws. The whole point of this bracket is so you don't put holes in your bumper.

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure what you mean. I used the double sided tape and it's on there good. No need for screws. The whole point of this bracket is so you don't put holes in your bumper.
I like where the bracket puts the license plate is why I want to use it. I don't like that it's put on with 3m tape. Some people have had problems with it and most have not. I was wondering if it could be screwed on and if the screws would be in a place that wasn't visible.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I like where the bracket puts the license plate is why I want to use it. I don't like that it's put on with 3m tape. Some people have had problems with it and most have not. I was wondering if it could be screwed on and if the screws would be in a place that wasn't visible.
Surface prep is everything. Wash bumper with Dawn to strip away any wax. Dry it. Wipe with adhesion promoter pad wait a few seconds and press the bracket on. Let it cure for 48 hrs before attaching the plate portion. Warming a little with a blow dryer or heat gun will make it even stronger.

If you want to use screws you certainly can but I can't say how that would look. My guess is the holes would be visible if the bracket is removed.

OP
OP
19gtaz

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info. I don't have my car with me now so I can't go out and look at it. Doesn't seem like screws would work though.
Sponsored

Last edited: