No Drill License Plate Suggestions

GT2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt, 2011 Lexus is250
I live in a two plate State and could use some pics and suggestions on front license plate mounts. Going on a Mach 1. I'm looking for a relatively sturdy mount that I don't have to worry about falling off. Thanks.
By no drill you mean no drilling into the front bumper but elsewhere is fine? I use a ā€œsto N shoā€ drills into the bottom and is super sturdy also quickly removable with a pin/latch system
Sponsored

Grabber Lime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edward
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
i'm a rebel almost 3 years no plate no issues so far...

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
I would not botherā€¦a no front plate is a fix-it ticket at best. In other words, if you get cited, stick it on the bumper with Velcro and go to court with pictures for a minimal fine.

I have lived in ~10 states over the last 40 years, all with front plate laws, never ran oneā€¦and never will.

***in the interest of full disclosure, I FINALLY got a ticket a couple weeks ago for too dark tint and no front plateā€¦the window tint was a 200 fine, but the plate was a warning***

Last edited:

Rev68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I'm surprised no one else posted it but here ya go specifically for the mach 1 but they also sell them for regular base
https://zl1addons.com/products/mustang-license-plate-holder
Can also be used as a tow hook that they sell
The tow hook that works with the plate holder only comes in red or black, but they have another tow hook (https://zl1addons.com/products/mustang-mach-1-premium-stealth-tow-hook) that comes in a few other colors, but uses a slightly different bolt/thread than the plate holder. I was able to work with ZL1 and got an orange tow hook to work with the plate holder. I was using the amazon plate holder before (you can see it on top of the toolbox in the first picture), which worked fine, but I wanted to swap between tow hook and plate easily.
20220924_171759.jpg
20221124_134548.jpg
20221124_134613.jpg

Sponsored

Rb1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Highlander DD, 2019 GT350

Rb1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Highlander DD, 2019 GT350
Where are you in Texas? I live in Houston. Two plates isn't a thing police care about here. I could see it possibly being an issue in a small town. However, I've been pulled over several times, no registration sticker in the front window, no front plate, and tint way too dark to be legal. Never been an issue for any of those items. Not on my truck or car, or my wifes car.

If you drive respectful, there is a good chance you never get pulled over anyways. There are way bigger crimes to solve than a car with no front plate.

Now, if you are breaking other laws, like running red lights, 100 mph through school zones, reckless driving, drinking and driving, then totally ignore what I am saying, because they are going to throw the book at you, and no front plate will be the least of your worries LOL
Lucky! Our inspection stations require videotaping and pictures of the windows. You wont pass inspection if you have tinted windows. And then they cancel your registration if you dont pass inspection.

I have an appointment next week to remove the tint on my car. Sucks. Looks so good with the tint.

We have to make sure our cars are safe on the roads even though the majority of the roads are anything but for the cars.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Lucky! Our inspection stations require videotaping and pictures of the windows. You wont pass inspection if you have tinted windows. And then they cancel your registration if you dont pass inspection.

I have an appointment next week to remove the tint on my car. Sucks. Looks so good with the tint.

We have to make sure our cars are safe on the roads even though the majority of the roads are anything but for the cars.
LOL, because tint and no front plate is what makes cars unsafe, not the 30 year old rust bucket held together with duct tape and is driven by someone with no license and a temp tag. If you can't tell, my opinion is inspections are just a government shakedown for law abiding citizens.:like:

Sorry you gotta deal with that stupidity.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Where are you in Texas? I live in Houston. Two plates isn't a thing police care about here. I could see it possibly being an issue in a small town. However, I've been pulled over several times, no registration sticker in the front window, no front plate, and tint way too dark to be legal. Never been an issue for any of those items. Not on my truck or car, or my wifes car.
hell yeah brother. i never do plates. hell i don't even do window stickers :D

Sponsored

mustangman02232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1990 Ford F-350, 1997 kenworth
I went sho and stow from cj pony parts on my m1, itā€™s a moving violation in MA and Iā€™ve been nailed for it before

Orion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW and Chevy
Im in Jersey which is a two plate state and I see so many muscle/sports cars with no front plates. More than ever. Maybe people just being brazen or the cops really don't stress it anymore. Anyway, I'll still invest in Craig's Brackets or something just in case lol.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Im in Jersey which is a two plate state and I see so many muscle/sports cars with no front plates. More than ever. Maybe people just being brazen or the cops really don't stress it anymore. Anyway, I'll still invest in Craig's Brackets or something just in case lol.
When I bought my 15' EB I was living in Central NJ. Definitely did not want the factory bracket so looked at STO & Show and Craig's. Decided on Craig's and never looked back. Fortunately front plates are not needed in SC. I took it off once while washing my car and forgot to put it back on. Never had an issue with it but it was always behind the drivers seat just in case.

IMG_3318.JPG
Sponsored