Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
I bought Craigs No Drill for my 2016 two years ago, and it has worked great for me. It uses an automotive adhesive just beneath the upper grill. The only thing that makes it specific to the 2015-2017 is the shape of the bracket conforms nicely the shape of the grill for easier centering. While it makes installation a little easier, this is totally unnecessary. You use this same mount to do an offset plate. Even if it isn't a 100% fit, this plate should be more than flexible enough to work.

Just make sure you follow the adhesive instructions very carefully. That is the only thing holding the plate on, but mine feels very sturdy and has never given me any reason for concern. I also really like how easy it is to remove the plate. The mounting bracket is very hard to see when the plate is off. When you take the plate off the only part of the bracket that remains is metal base adhered to the car and the nut that holds the other part of the bracket on.

**Important caveat**
I made an assumption when I posted this. The 15-17 front has a nice horizontal area beneath the top front grill where the flat metal bracket adheres to the car. If there is not a nice flat area under the front grill on the 18's then this may not work for you. I tried to find a picture, but nothing was clear enough for me to say for sure. Be sure to check this before buying a bracket if you decide to go with Craig's. I'll try to upload some pictures of mine if that helps.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
Here is a shot of my Craig's bracket. Hope it helps.
IMG_20180411_121726_885.jpg

IMG_20180411_121726_886.jpg

Last edited:

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have the sto and show, but have come to realize that it does not work well for me because it mounts underneath the splitter, which is much too low..lots of scraping I am going to look at the craig option as it mounts it where it should be...

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
That's a matter of opinion. I think it looks hideous mounted up high on bumper.
I agree. I was not making a statement about aesthetics, but functionality.. I really beat up my front license plate as it sits lower than the splitter... If you have lowering springs it drops u closer to the ground and potential scraping of the plate....especially on parking stalls....

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I have the sto and show, but have come to realize that it does not work well for me because it mounts underneath the splitter, which is much too low..lots of scraping I am going to look at the craig option as it mounts it where it should be...
Sounds like a feature - splitter protector. :)

Ohio doesn't seem to enforce front plates as much as they used to. Lawmakers have made repeated runs at dropping the requirement. 3M has a huge lobbying effort around maintaining front plate requirements and they always rally law enforcement to shut the effort down.

The effort gained a lot of momentum after a man was shot following a traffic stop based on no front plate. They've changed their approach to just making it a secondary offense - one that can't initiate a stop or citation on its own. I suspect that law enforcement have backed off the offense in order to avoid ginning up support any further.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
a good way to make the craigs plate sit lower is just to install the plate on the bracket upside down then put it on the mount. it will sit over the lower grill and not the bumper
2018-02-25 13.23.54.jpg

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
While not the most attractive, having it up in front of the bumper would also be less obstructive for cooling. Offsetting it to the side would help that too.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
While not the most attractive, having it up in front of the bumper would also be less obstructive for cooling. Offsetting it to the side would help that too.
Where I put my plate (inside lower grill) temps were unaffected city/highway.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Here is a shot of my Craig's bracket. Hope it helps.
IMG_20180411_121726_885.jpg

IMG_20180411_121726_886.jpg
How wide front to back is that mount. I am not sure there is enough lip on the 18’s to use the 15-17 mount. Could you measure it?

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Seems like you could use that first bracket - the simple L-shaped one - with a giant piece of velcro as some sort of interim. It looks like there should be plenty of space to mount it on the bottom side of the splitter.

I've been pulled over once in 7 years without the plate on front, but just got a warning. I think in your shoes, I'd keep the plate in the car and tell the officer that Ford is going to send you the bracket when the PP2 parts are available...

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Where I put my plate (inside lower grill) temps were unaffected city/highway.
In 110° weather? :-)

I suppose it would probably be fine for anything but track time, & it's easy enough to remove for that.

molodus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT M6
I think the 18's are a bit narrower and angled upward a bit more, but measurements would definitely help. Here is my 18:

20180411_200448.jpg

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
In 110° weather? :-)

I suppose it would probably be fine for anything but track time, & it's easy enough to remove for that.
Never seen the cylinder head temps go above 95*c.. even in 30*c heat.
Sponsored