Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thats funny I checked for an update last night and it said my software was up to date, so 24 hours later there is an update? Or maybe the OTA is still broken.
Build # 20136 came with the original 3.4 update back in July. It is currently the latest. Check your build # as I presume your 2020 came with 3.4.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Build # 20136 came with the original 3.4 update back in July. It is currently the latest. Check your build # as I presume your 2020 came with 3.4.
Will do, my build was completely 7/2 so it could very well have 3.4 but when I added the vin it said I had an update on the website, but I'll double check tomorrow.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Will do, my build was completely 7/2 so it could very well have 3.4 but when I added the vin it said I had an update on the website, but I'll double check tomorrow.
I just installed the 3.4 update and uploaded the file that tells them it had been updated and then I went back to make sure and it stills says the same update is available for download. Maybe it just takes a day or two before the info is updated.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Meh ! As big a pita Ford's nav is to use, why bother ? Google maps rocks.

:rockon:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Meh ! As big a pita Ford's nav is to use, why bother ? Google maps rocks.

:rockon:
Right up until it doesn't. I've never had an issue connecting or using Sync 3 nav. That said I have also used Apple maps, Google & Waze. Sometimes location determines which is best.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
its asking for payment to d/l or usb drive
Either you didnt pick digital download, or as other have said you already used your 1 time complimentary download.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Either you didnt pick digital download, or as other have said you already used your 1 time complimentary download.
Nope, 2017’s (Sync 3.0) did not get a free download. Your going to have to pay. Or go to Cyanlabs.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Nope, 2017’s (Sync 3.0) did not get a free download. Your going to have to pay. Or go to Cyanlabs.
So with my 2017 R, I can pay for a sync 3.4 upgrade?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
So with my 2017 R, I can pay for a sync 3.4 upgrade?
The only way for you to get an official update is to buy an APIM from a mid 2018 car that came with version 3.2 or 3.3. The other option, as we discussed was Cyanlabs unofficial update.

This is just an idea what an update is and would cost. You can find them on eBay for a lot less.

https://www.4dtech.com/replacement-sync-3-module-apim/

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The only way for you to get an official update is to buy an APIM from a mid 2018 car that came with version 3.2 or 3.3. The other option, as we discussed was Cyanlabs unofficial update.

This is just an idea what an update is and would cost. You can find them on eBay for a lot less.

https://www.4dtech.com/replacement-sync-3-module-apim/
Right. I thought that there was a way to do it without swapping out the oem hardware. If a '17 can only do 3.0, that's fine with me.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Sorry didnt see the Sig, and last I checked I posted this in the 2020 Shelby forum not the s550 :D

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
Hey everyone thanks for the heads up regarding the map update. I just successfully updated my 2019 Bullitt from SYNC v 3.2 to v3.4. I then used the following link for the map update:

https://syncnavigation.com/ford/home

The site accepted my VIN but then reported that my SYNC Serial Number (ESN) was incorrect. Specifically, I got the following message:

"ESN is invalid
Please make sure you are entering the correct ESN. (Click on the info icon above)
  • You can find your 8-character SYNC Serial Number (ESN) following these steps:
  • ->Inside vehicle on SYNC screen
  • ->Ignition is in “RUN” position and SYNC is active
  • ->From the Home Screen, press "Settings"
  • ->Under General Settings, select "About SYNC"
  • ->Scroll down to display SYNC Serial Number (ESN)
If you feel that the information is correct, please contact customer service at (800) 392-3673.(016)"

I have triple checked the ESN number on my SYNC screen and I have typed in the correct number. I have also put in a call to Ford customer service but have not received a reply for several days. Any ideas? I have tried entering the ESN in both uppercase and lowercase letters. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

/Rich

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Hey everyone thanks for the heads up regarding the map update. I just successfully updated my 2019 Bullitt from SYNC v 3.2 to v3.4. I then used the following link for the map update:

The site accepted my VIN but then reported that my SYNC Serial Number (ESN) was incorrect. Specifically, I got the following message:

"ESN is invalid
Please make sure you are entering the correct ESN. (Click on the info icon above)
If you feel that the information is correct, please contact customer service at (800) 392-3673.(016)"

I have triple checked the ESN number on my SYNC screen and I have typed in the correct number. I have also put in a call to Ford customer service but have not received a reply for several days. Any ideas? I have tried entering the ESN in both uppercase and lowercase letters. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

/Rich
There are two esn numbers, make sure that you are using the sync esn. I made this mistake my first try.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

"ESN is invalid

/Rich
This is not a new issue. Many forum members have had this. Nothing you can do. Ford needs to fix it. Call them again and stay on them. Good luck.
Sponsored