3 GT 500 allocations available

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hi Chuck,
This is your good friend Melange. I suggest that if you really want the Gurney flap to just go ahead and order it from your build with the factory. After market knock-offs in many cases won’t match up with the factory part. If your order the factory part later it will cost more. You will also need to find someone to install it for you if you get it later and then you are taking chances that they will do it right. Finally your build will reflect in your VIN number if you make alterations it may affect the collectibility of the car. Call me crazy but I am requesting the painted on stripes. I hate the water spots on the vinyl stripes on my GT350 and I can’t get them out. Anyway these aren’t cars we need but cars we want. If you want the Gurney flap don’t let $1500 stop you. Be happy my friend and remember. “Melange Still Races!”
That's a lot of money for stripes. I'm going stripe delete with a black painted roof. I will do a full Xpel on the car and put aftermarket stripes over the Xpel. If the stripes ever get messed up, it's not a lot of $$ to fix.

I agree painted on stripes are THE way to go, but at a tune of 10K? If this was a limited production car, I would absolutely do it. It would add to the value and rarity. However, they will produce as many of these cars as people will buy. The s650 may be a while, and once initial demand fades, the ADMs will lessen or disappear.

I'm mot trying to change your mind or tell you how to spend your hard earned money. In the end, if it makes you happy, that's all that counts.
Sponsored

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
That's a lot of money for stripes. I'm going stripe delete with a black painted roof. I will do a full Xpel on the car and put aftermarket stripes over the Xpel. If the stripes ever get messed up, it's not a lot of $$ to fix.

I agree painted on stripes are THE way to go, but at a tune of 10K? If this was a limited production car, I would absolutely do it. It would add to the value and rarity. However, they will produce as many of these cars as people will buy. The s650 may be a while, and once initial demand fades, the ADMs will lessen or disappear.

I'm mot trying to change your mind or tell you how to spend your hard earned money. In the end, if it makes you happy, that's all that counts.
I just need to clarify, how do you suggest they’ll make as many as people will buy?

I’ve heard people over and over say pricing doesn’t matter, ford will sell every single one blah blah.

The fact is no, they won’t make as many as people will buy. They’re under production, parts allocations/contract pressure, and timelines (winter builds) and production will be curtailed to those parameters.

I’m honestly curious what you meant by your statement? It will be a limited production car, no qualms about it.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.

The Stripes are worth it to me. This isn’t a car I will just keep for a few years. I expect to have it for decades. Having painted stripes will work out better in the long run. It also may be an option that is not popular enough to keep for a long time it may get dropped. I was able to get mine at MSRP so getting the stripe won’t hits so bad.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The Stripes are worth it to me. This isn’t a car I will just keep for a few years. I expect to have it for decades. Having painted stripes will work out better in the long run. It also may be an option that is not popular enough to keep for a long time it may get dropped. I was able to get mine at MSRP so getting the stripe won’t hits so bad.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder therefore congrats on ordering some painted OTT stripes for your car.

Obviously $10,000 is a lot of money but suggest that OTT painted stripes will be an option that very few enthusiasts order and when you sit beside the Ford GT cars from 2005/2006 and the new generation Ford GT's your painted stripes will look just as good as theirs.

Will you be ordering a Base GT500 or a CFTP car assuming that your dealership can land one of the ~1250 two seater cars?

Lastly, what color/stripe combination will you be going with?

:like::like:
Sponsored