Sponsored

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang - Dark Highland Green
There are two esn numbers, make sure that you are using the sync esn. I made this mistake my first try.
Thanks! After I updated to SYNC v3.4, I went to the "About SYNC" page on the screen. It had "Gracenote Version" at the very top, then Navigation Maps Version in the middle and then at the bottom "SYNC Serial Number (ESN):" which is the number I used. Is there another ESN number I should be looking for?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks! After I updated to SYNC v3.4, I went to the "About SYNC" page on the screen. It had "Gracenote Version" at the very top, then Navigation Maps Version in the middle and then at the bottom "SYNC Serial Number (ESN):" which is the number I used. Is there another ESN number I should be looking for?
No, that should be it. Its the second number, the sync esn.

A possible issue is if you had already done an upgrade or if your update has already been processed. You only get one chance for one freebie. After that, it is a pay per update proposition.

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, that should be it. Its the second number, the sync esn.

A possible issue is if you had already done an upgrade or if your update has already been processed. You only get one chance for one freebie. After that, it is a pay per update proposition.
I don't believe so; the map version I have currently is "NA 117" and it is the version that came with the car when I bought it new. Good to know though.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Here was mine before I updated

20201126_091608.jpg

Sponsored

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here was mine before I updated

20201126_091608.jpg
Yup, that's the same screen where I pulled my SYNC ESN number. I note that you have MAP version NA 118 which appears to be newer than my version although I believe from previous posts that this latest map update will get a user to version NA 119 which is the most recent version.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I updated to NA119. My sync did not need an update.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Did it today. Absolute pita. :cwl: At least it's done. Had to buy a new flash drive. 1 hr download. Unzip and transfer the file to the flash drive. 1 hr upload to the car. Worked out ok. Took a nice leisurely drive to Sonic 30 miles away. By the time I drove home, the download was finished. :clap:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I've given up on vehicle navigation and while there may be systems out there better than the phone, I haven't personally seen one.

I mean charging for map updates is so 1990's and the phone is as current as anything else or at least close enough for government work. :cool:

But, I'm glad those of you who do want the updates were able to get the one-time freebie. I mean that is plain and simple, "low rent" Ford. IMHO, of course.

KB

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Our cars have navigation? Who knew?.....joking.....i rarely use any of my cars built in navigation.....phone is just easier and better now......Hell i have an old Garmin suction cup GPS that works so well and so easy to use that i have just recently stopped using and switched to phone.....hard to break old habits....

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I don't use it for nav so to speak, but what is nice about it (and an updated database) is that the speed limit for your current location is posted on the screen. If you are ever driving along in unfamiliar areas, and you are not sure of the speed limit, a quick push of the button gives you some SA.

My disclaimer is that it is not always 100% correct. Case in point, A1A to the north of me changed the speed limit to 25 MPH in a stretch. The vehicle map showed it as 45 MPH (which is what it used to be). It is mostly correct, but that example is an exception. I didnt bother to check the google maps app to see if that was correct though.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I don't use it for nav so to speak, but what is nice about it (and an updated database) is that the speed limit for your current location is posted on the screen. If you are ever driving along in unfamiliar areas, and you are not sure of the speed limit, a quick push of the button gives you some SA.

My disclaimer is that it is not always 100% correct. Case in point, A1A to the north of me changed the speed limit to 25 MPH in a stretch. The vehicle map showed it as 45 MPH (which is what it used to be). It is mostly correct, but that example is an exception. I didnt bother to check the google maps app to see if that was correct though.
Good point Tom...that is nice.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Good point Tom...that is nice.
See a cop on your ass:

Step 1, hit the nav button if you don't know the speed limit.

Step 2, cycle the pipes to normal mode.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
See a cop on your ass:

Step 1, hit the nav button if you don't know the speed limit.

Step 2, cycle the pipes to normal mode.
I did step 2 today on my 2nd day of owning GT with the Active Exhaust. I drove past a cop. The first thing I did was change my exhaust to quiet mode. It was like a reflex. My fingers were moving without instructions from my brain (or brain stem). I thought it was just me but seeing "step 2" in the post made me laugh.
Sponsored