SYNC3 v3.4.21194 Update Available

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I downloaded the files from Ford to a 16G flash drive that was empty before the download. Then I attempted to download the files on the flash drive using the USB port on the GT500 but an hour into the download it was around 10 percent done.
That's is what I thought but how do you know the progression % of the download. Sync 3 doesn't show this, just an update banner at the top of the screen.

Also if the download is taking this long I would suggest trying to 1. reformat your current drive and retry or 2. format a new drive and try again. USB drives can be fickle.
Sponsored

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
I downloaded the files from Ford to a 16G flash drive that was empty before the download. Then I attempted to download the files on the flash drive using the USB port on the GT500 but an hour into the download it was around 10 percent done.
Try a better (or different) USB. Make sure it is formatted correctly. exFAT I believe.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Did you format the flash drive with the exFat file system? Did you remove all other USB drives before updating? Was the car running all the time?
I never run my cars during the updates, I always hook up a battery charger, I hook the postive lead directly to the fuse box, that way the car knows that there is power going into the battery. My update took less than 30 minutes to complete.

Deleted member 56911

Did you format the flash drive with the exFat file system? Did you remove all other USB drives before updating? Was the car running all the time?
I never run my cars during the updates, I always hook up a battery charger, I hook the postive lead directly to the fuse box, that way the car knows that there is power going into the battery. My update took less than 30 minutes to complete.
The answer to all your questions is yes. I don’t own a battery charger. That could be why your download completed successfully. It seemed logical that the download from the flash drive to the car take the same amount of time as the download from the Ford website to the flash drive via my PC.
Sponsored