Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
It was so much easier to do things before the cars got smarter than us. :frown:
Or maybe they are just more devious?
This is correct. Also I couldn;t download it to my phone, so make sure you are doing it to a laptop or desktop (PC or MAC) I had to go back to get the instructions luckily I followed the email to get them, so as long as you have the email order receipt you can go back.

Will it work on other vehicles or do you need a new license code?
Need the license key, that is one of the download files. But I am curious if that file is a one time only file or the license file for future installs that could work. I have to look into that.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Need the license key, that is one of the download files. But I am curious if that file is a one time only file or the license file for future installs that could work. I have to look into that.
Would have to go back through the original maps 1.19 thread but I recall that it is one license file per download. Actually there was an issue with the first download of 1.19 because of a bad license file and Ford had to fix it.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This is correct. Also I couldn;t download it to my phone, so make sure you are doing it to a laptop or desktop (PC or MAC) I had to go back to get the instructions luckily I followed the email to get them, so as long as you have the email order receipt you can go back.

I never updated my electronics pack R. I wonder if the one time courtesy upgrade would be allowed. Its a '17. It has a 8 yr extended bumper to bumper warranty if that matters.

Edited to add:

Honestly I don't think I have ever used the car navigation. I always use my phone because it is the most up to date and has traffic, etc. But it would be nice.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I never updated my electronics pack R. I wonder if the one time courtesy upgrade would be allowed. Its a '17. It has a 8 yr extended bumper to bumper warranty if that matters.

Edited to add:

Honestly I don't think I have ever used the car navigation. I always use my phone because it is the most up to date and has traffic, etc. But it would be nice.
The free upgrade started with Sync 3.2 in mid 2018. You would still new to pay for your 17’ with 3.0. Unless, of course, you decided to use Cyanlabs which would allow you to get 3.4 and maps 1.19 For free.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The free upgrade started with Sync 3.2 in mid 2018. You would still new to pay for your 17’ with 3.0. Unless, of course, you decided to use Cyanlabs which would allow you to get 3.4 and maps 1.19 For free.
Wha Wha What? Explicar por favor senor....

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Ira: My apologies for what appears to be a rookie misspeak. However, I received no mail from Ford after the downloads and I know they know my address. That's what made me think they were being crappy about it. Nonetheless, with no email from them, I'll be outta luck for the SD if the files I grabbed don't work.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Bookmarked for later reading :)

Ira: My apologies for what appears to be a rookie misspeak. However, I received no mail from Ford after the downloads and I know they know my address. That's what made me think they were being crappy about it. Nonetheless, with no email from them, I'll be outta luck for the SD if the files I grabbed don't work.
Check junk mail, they clearly ask for an email address before your order goes through.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Thanks, AOD but I'm old school with maybe two dozen different mail accounts at any one time so I'm familiar with junk and spamanooch. <grin> Thanks to Spam Assassin running on the hosting company's servers along with my own filters, I get pretty much zero of either.

KB

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I just got done with the update. It took about 35 minutes and worked with just the battery charger hooked up. No problems.

Make sure you add the license file to the SYNCMyRide folder, the update won't work without it.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Wha Wha What? Explicar por favor senor....
Back in 2018 Ford updated SYNC 3 version 3.0 to version 3.2. Because of a change in the APIM users of 3.0 could not update. 3.2 became 3.3 and then finally 3.4. Ford just sat on their hands before releasing 3.4 officially a few months ago. In the meantime a company names Cyanlabs offered users of 3.0 a way to update to 3.4. Now the file were actual Ford files but some changes needed to be made to allow 3.4 to be used with the older APIM. Anyway many members did the backdoor update, the great majority with absolutely no issues. Personally I waited because of my warranty.

Anyway check out their website. Everything is clear and easy to use. I understand that their support is pretty decent as well.

https://cyanlabs.net/

By the way, I've read about the issues with your car and I am heartbroken for you. I've been lucky both with my 15' and 19' I cannot imagine dealing with the issues you have found. I wish you the best in getting everything resolved.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Just FYI here is the notification we recieved back on 7/9 regarding the license file issue.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for placing your recent SYNC® 3 Navigation Map Update order! We know you are excited to install the new 2020 Navigation Map Update and begin enjoying all the new features. Unfortunately, your order was identified as receiving the old license file as part of the new update. As a result we are providing a simple solution for you to receive the new license file:

1) If you placed an order on the website to Download the latest 2020 Navigation Map Update, please do the following:

1. Close any old browser pages (Internet Explorer, Google, etc.) you may have open from the previous Download/Order Complete page
  2. Return to your Order Complete page (the link is available in the Order Confirmation email you received after you placed the order to download the 2020 Navigation Map Update)
  3. Once you are on your Order Complete page, you have two options:
  • OPTION 1 - Perform the original download again using the instructions in the #1 Orange box)
  1. Download the Map and License files from the #2 and #3 Orange boxes
  2. Follow the original instructions you used for your previous order
  • OPTION 2 – Download the new License file only and update your current USB
  1. Click on the #3 Orange Download License file box to download the 2020 Navigation Map Update file
  2. Insert your USB into the computer
  3. Find the SyncMyRide directory and double-click on the folder
  4. Find the old license file, which will be named either JR3T-14G424-CD or 4U5T-14G424-CB and delete it from the SyncMyRide folder
  5. Add the new downloaded license file, which will be named either JR3T-14G424-CE or 4U5T-14G424-CC, to the SyncMyRide folder

2) If you placed an order on the website for a Pre-loaded USB with the latest 2020 Navigation Map Update installed, you will receive a new USB in the mail soon. Once you receive the new USB, follow the instructions provided for installation.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for being a loyal Ford or Lincoln customer.

Best Regards,

The Customer Service Team​
S.gif

The entity you purchase this product from, along with the related fulfillment services provided, is ALOM located at 48105 Warm Springs Blvd, Fremont, CA 94539-7498​

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Found my e-mail. This was for maps 1.18

Begin forwarded message:
Subject: Order Confirmation – syncnavigation.com
Date:
January 11, 2020 at 2:05:16 PM EST
To:
ORDER CONFIRMATION

Dear Ira Gitlin,

Thank you for placing your order with syncnavigation.com on Jan 11, 2020.
If you need to access your order to download your map again, please click here .
Order Number: 111111

QuantityProduct DescriptionPriceTotal
1File Download$0$0
ORDER SUMMARY

Subtotal$0
Total$0
Should you have any questions about your order or shopping at syncnavigation.com, please CONTACT US.
Thank you for shopping at syncnavigation.com

Please see syncnavigation.com for applicable terms and privacy policy.

Best Regards,
The Customer Service Team

The entity you purchase this product from, along with the related fulfillment services provided, is ALOM located at 48105 Warm Springs Blvd, Fremont, CA 94539-7498

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)