Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Ha ha. That comment is proof! Electric is coming whether anyone likes it or not.
No. The switch to FI marked an improvement on the combustion engine. Yes it took time to get right but the fundamentals stayed the same. Going to electric is completely different. You lose the sound and feel, the smell, the emotion of the whole mechanical process. Obliviously electric is coming and no one can stop it. I don’t doubt that long term it will be better performing or more efficient. My dislike of it is strictly related to it having the excitement of an average household appliance.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Nomic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Patrol, CBR1000rr and ordering a 20** GT
Soo.. handling package no price at the moment and no idea if it’s coming to markets outside the USA?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Then you won't be looking at the MACH 1
Why not? I want a gt350 without the flat plane crank. Seems like the Mach 1 is the next best thing. A Mach 1 with handing package will be close enough in performance to a Shelby that no one will be able tell the difference in real life driving.

Last edited:

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I'm really messing with you guys. But I don't think a lot of you really get it. You're basing what's going on by what is current technology. You don't and can't know the future. Just like you couldn't predict the coronavirus and you couldn't predict the world trade center, you can't predict where technology will be in 5 or 10 years. When you're older and I'm in my sixties, you can look back and realize the massive change that has taken place in society and technology.

Many of you younger folks don't know this, but the technology in basically a $5 calculator is greater than all the technology put together to go to the Moon.
It's conceivable that the amount of energy needed to drive a car thousands of miles could be stored in something the size of an automobile battery.

The exponential growth of technology has been constantly underestimated. And I'm one that believes in the internal combustion engine because I understand it and love the sound and feel of it but that doesn't stop me from realizing the inevitable.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
No. The switch to FI marked an improvement on the combustion engine. Yes it took time to get right but the fundamentals stayed the same. Going to electric is completely different. You lose the sound and feel, the smell, the emotion of the whole mechanical process. Obliviously electric is coming and no one can stop it. I don’t doubt that long term it will be better performing or more efficient. My dislike of it is strictly related to it having the excitement of an average household appliance.
You mean your toaster oven doesn't go vroom ............. vroom when the toast is done ? :facepalm:

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
These conversations remind me of all the guys that never wanted to move to fuel injection from carburetors...
I remember guys who wouldn't move from a QuadraJet to a Holley...........

EDIT: I was one of them, QJet was (and is) a remarkable piece of engineering.....

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You mean your toaster oven doesn't go vroom ............. vroom when the toast is done ? :facepalm:
Mine does. What self-respecting gearhead hasn't hooked up a Blackberry Pi and thermocouples to tightly regulate the heat levels and micro-control the precise amount of brown and crispness of any bread variety that is input? The Vroom Vroom (TM Mazda) is a simple matter of playing a WAV file from the onboard speaker. Bonus points for writing an app that shows you a live, in-toaster picture so you can monitor it in real time.

Or maybe I'll just hire Wallace and Gromit. He's ace at breakfast, and toast in particular.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Where's the syringe of K when we need one? If you're gonna invoke the devil, at least utter the words 'Mach-E'.
:D

the E I would want to have is the GT and that is not coming to Sweden at least for a while. Thinking if I go full electric I want the fastest one I can afford :D

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Thinking if I go full electric I want the fastest one I can afford :D
Then the Model 3 Performance is your car of choice. The bang for the buck on that thing is mind blowing.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Then the Model 3 Performance is your car of choice. The bang for the buck on that thing is mind blowing.
Indeed they got an update recently with even faster accelerations :D a Model 3 Plaid would have been something ....

apexit53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1 handling pack
I hope i can spec mine with the handling package to about 57... if not i might be out but we shall see!

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I hope i can spec mine with the handling package to about 57... if not i might be out but we shall see!
I went to the Dealer Saturday and put in an order, this statement does not reflect Gas Guzzler or Handling Package (no information until January) but this is loaded.

Attachments

apexit53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach1 handling pack
I went to the Dealer Saturday and put in an order, this statement does not reflect Gas Guzzler or Handling Package (no information until January) but this is loaded.
all comes down to that handling pack price. based on what you have there my guess is it will push into around 63... crap. ugh might just buy another camaro 1le.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I'm really messing with you guys. But I don't think a lot of you really get it. You're basing what's going on by what is current technology. You don't and can't know the future. Just like you couldn't predict the coronavirus and you couldn't predict the world trade center, you can't predict where technology will be in 5 or 10 years. When you're older and I'm in my sixties, you can look back and realize the massive change that has taken place in society and technology.
At least for me, technology is a sword that has the potential for cutting both ways. This is not being framed with respect to the state of technology at any given point in time.

When technology improves something that I can recognize as being an improvement in my life, it's good. EFI was one such change, at least in earlier days when the mfrs weren't playing as many games with throttle modes as they are now.

But when technology brings unwanted changes - either by taking away something that an individual enjoys doing, or by introducing something new that they hadn't ever needed (let alone wanted) before - that's when technology is starting to show its darker side. When what technology would have people believe is an improvement for everybody turns out to be anything but a good thing for such an individual.

Many of you younger folks don't know this, but the technology in basically a $5 calculator is greater than all the technology put together to go to the Moon.
Good illustration, and taking that thought closer to the automotive hobby I'd much rather work through various calculations in Excel than attempt them using only the same slide rule I was using at my first job out of college (and my first pocket calculator was still a couple of years off in the future). FWIW, there's a mathematical sim that I started picking away at back in the slide rule days that in its current state of development is a 13.x MB .xls file.

The exponential growth of technology has been constantly underestimated. And I'm one that believes in the internal combustion engine because I understand it and love the sound and feel of it but that doesn't stop me from realizing the inevitable.
Technology may be able to improve a product's function. What it can't do is make everybody believe that objective product improvement is all there is to life.

Norm
Sponsored

Last edited: