Advertisement

MikeyTX

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Pkg. Born on 30 Jun, 2020. Purchased 15 Aug, 2020
I don't think Yugos had a frame. They used old tin cans from the cold war.
Crap ............ I never thought of that. The magnets in high end speakers might cause an issue. :explode:

Advertisement

ColoradoGT

Long live V-8's!
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suv and car
I know it was mentioned earlier but I can’t seem to find the post about it, maybe it was in another thread. What is the nav option? Does the 700A not have nav and that option adds it? Or is that just a subscription for traffic alerts to the regular nav system?
Here's the "somewhat confusing' issue with Nav. On a NON Mach 1 Mustang 401A pkg it's now included in the Safe and Smart which IS part of the 401A pkg. You no longer have to pay $1K for Safe and Smart...BUT, they off set that by $1K by upping the cost of PP! pkjg!!
Now, on the Mach 1, the Nav is a "Stand Alone" option at $595....and it's not tied to anything else. Soooo, for those that don't NEED Nav and use other means, you can save that $595 on the Mach 1 and don't order it. I only put it on my build since I "thought it would add value' down the road"...but, maybe not.

Gas Guzzler Tax: It is $1K on all Mach 1's. Showed up on my bld with an auto. The '20 Bullitt did have that tax. Same engine...so I guess per Fed. rules they had to continue it. It just made my bld too high. I'm strongly looking at a fully loaded GT Prem, 401A, auto, PP1 car that will save me at least $6K (includes dealer mark down), so that makes a great Mustang....with the same brakes, same 3.55 Torsen rear gear, larger rad, X and K braces, etc....so that IS a nice Mustang for the "streets" for sure.

ColoradoGT

Long live V-8's!
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suv and car
Wish Ford would update the build site. :explode:
ME TOO! But, it will be real close to Job #1 before that happens, IF precedence means anything, and with Ford I think it does. I'm ready to bld and play with a GT Prem, 401A, PP1 car that would make a great street, fun sports car. The 460 hp eng can easily be pumped to 480 hp like the Mach 1/Bullitt engine. My '19 gained 23 hp just with Injen Technologies CAI system....without a tune. Injen is at the top of their game when it comes to CAI systems. Lot's of guys don't know about them. They've been around for some time with foreign car racing....and moved to design a CAI for Mustangs since they are the most modified Pony car. They have their own dyno and spent a long time engineering a CAI that would give great HP gains WITHOUT a tune. My throttle response is Sooooo much better! And with my cat back Magnaflow exh. system, I'm getting close to 500 hp. IF you are NOT tracking your car...why pay all that extra $$ for a paint job and stripes?? You can do those kind of things using a "blank canvas" with a GT Prem car. My Inv. Mgr. built a '21 for me with ALL options and it came to $56,655. That included the Nickel Luster wheels I like. Some here want black...so take that off and save $795 off that total. Same 3.55 Torsen rear with auto, 3.75 with 6-speed. Just makes sense and more practical AND end up having a great street and curvy back road car too.
You get the same 6 piston Brembos, same rotor size, same or similar LOTS of items. NO, not everything the Mach has....but, then again, IF you are not tracking the car...you don't NEED a Mach....unless paint, stripes and wider wheels/tires are something you got to have for over $60K. Stripes you can do on a GT Prem car, wheels/tires...duhhh...yeah! LOL!

ColoradoGT

Long live V-8's!
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suv and car
It's on the Mustang Price List. All Mach's will have a $1K GGT. Just ask your dealer. IT IS ON THE PRICE LIST. My Inv. Mgr. didn't know until I told him....he looked and there it was. Was on the '20 Bullitt too. Same engine...same tax. Thank you Feds!! :(

shogun32

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, EB+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Considering a Model 3 Performance :D to replace my G20 330e
Where's the syringe of K when we need one? If you're gonna invoke the devil, at least utter the words 'Mach-E'.

jake_zx2

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Where's the syringe of K when we need one? If you're gonna invoke the devil, at least utter the words 'Mach-E'.

Nah, I want the Mach E to crash and burn... I hate electric cars, but if it’s going to be anything, at least make it something that isn’t the crossover (and bears the Mustang name)

GreenS550

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt K3107 Whipple 2018 Mustang GT Premium A10 Ruby Red
These conversations remind me of all the guys that never wanted to move to fuel injection from carburetors...

Advertisement

GreenS550

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Ha ha. That comment is proof! Electric is coming whether anyone likes it or not. I still remember those piece of crap throttle bodies of the '70s but lo and behold we ended up with port fuel injection which makes a carburetor an ineficient antique.

And that's exactly what the internal combustion engine will be because electric engines have instant nearly silent massive torque.

But I'll be dead by then so it won't matter.

I'm going to enjoy every fossil fuel vehicle I can until then.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
COYOTE
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
COYOTE
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
because electric engines have instant nearly silent massive torque.
There's plenty of EV's out there with nowhere near the range or performance of internal combustion engines sans those 100K+ ones. So relax guy, ICE will be around for a long time to come.

GreenS550

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Look back 20 years ago the only electric cars were few, ineficient and hybrids. Once they get the battery to great charge and smaller the ice is done. It'll be quicker than you think. In 62 kennedy said he wanted to go to the moon and 7 years later we did. With a slide rule and transistors. Only 50 years before kennedy people were riding horses and carriages. Change is quick and inevitable.

I didn't say I liked it. But it is true.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
COYOTE
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
and 7 years later we did
and in 7 years the vast majority of cars sold will still be ICE. As of right now, 1% of all cars sold are EV's. In 10 years that may be 25% according to forecasts.

Adamone92

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Look back 20 years ago the only electric cars were few, ineficient and hybrids. Once they get the battery to great charge and smaller the ice is done. It'll be quicker than you think. In 62 kennedy said he wanted to go to the moon and 7 years later we did. With a slide rule and transistors. Only 50 years before kennedy people were riding horses and carriages. Change is quick and inevitable.

I didn't say I liked it. But it is true.
I dont know how much i bank on BATTERY operated vehicles being the future. They are expensive to make, plus you have to worry about charge times being comparable with filling up a gas tank (3-5 mins to fill), range, and not to mention the materials needed to make these batteries are running dry. There isnt an abundance of the materials from what ive seen.

Solid oxide fuel cells (SOFC) , created by using nickel instead of platinum (nickel is more abundant and much cheaper than platinum) might be a different story though, and as the technology advances, may be more likely the future.

SOFC help remove many of the issues with the batteries we see in electric vehicles:

1) Lack of fueling infrastructure: SOFCs can run on a wide range of fuels, including methanol, natural gas, and even gasoline. That means that they can be fueled in most places that cars are fueled right now.

2) High cost of electricity: Electricity is expensive to generate and transmit. A natural gas fueled SOFC can produce electricity at a lower cost than the electric utility used to recharge batteries.

3) Shortage of materials: Lithium-ion batteries require materials that are in relatively short supply. Unlike most other types of fuel cells, SOFCs don't require the use of expensive catalysts like platinum in order to operate efficiently.

Advertisement

Advertisement

87 - StangMods - 1
Advertisement