NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Only kinda related, but funny in a stupid way.

Playing tennis, and I hear "boom!! pssssssssss!!!"

Some woman had smacked the curb so hard she popped her tire. Didn't bother her in the least bit, she just drove off. She's bought a new tire and rim since that day.
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Instead of wasting money on that huge thing just buy a small impact driver. They are much more useful than that one-trick-pony Chinese jack. I've got a Dewalt 1/4" one that works great on the factory jack. Less expensive, takes up less space and an all around better option. I'm not 100% sure but it might even fit in the well under the spare.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
For all of you complaining that Ford doesn't supply these for free, as standard equipment, be happy that you are not driving 90% of the stuff out there (like my BMW) that not only doesn't have a spare, but doesn't have the space for one should you decide to get one yourself.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
For all of you complaining that Ford doesn't supply these for free, as standard equipment, be happy that you are not driving 90% of the stuff out there (like my BMW) that not only doesn't have a spare, but doesn't have the space for one should you decide to get one yourself.
Reminds me of another similar situation. Many, many years ago electronic manufacturers used to include microphones in their portable tape recorders. People would complain they weren't good enough, or the cord wasn't long enough, etc., etc. So the manufacturers decided to save a buck and no longer include them. So what do you think happens? Now folks were complaining that their recorder didn't have the free mic. It comes under the heading of "you can't win".

Aldra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Iconic Silver
Is the automotive authority kit the best or only option? Ordering it to Canada will be pricey.

Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Whatever geniuses came up with substitutes for full size spare tires never drove in a rural area like deep south Texas (no offense to anyone in other places out in the boonies) where there aren't any service stations within 100 miles, let alone 50. OP, we hear ya, and agree completely!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Is the automotive authority kit the best or only option? Ordering it to Canada will be pricey.
It really is the only option if you have PP brakes and want a functional trunk.

I went the full size route, using a PP knockoff front wheel with a cheap Chinese eBay tire. Usable trunk be damned.

Aldra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Iconic Silver
It really is the only option if you have PP brakes and want a functional trunk.

I went the full size route, using a PP knockoff front wheel with a cheap Chinese eBay tire. Usable trunk be damned.
Yea, was thinking that too, but then I only really need it when I travel, when I also need the trunk. Guess I'll bite the bullet.

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma, 2020 Miata, MB E350
Bimmer,
I feel your pain. I drive a Porsche and have never felt at ease when I am away from my home area.
With 19 and 20" tires they do not even offer a spare option as they once did. Living outside a major city I do worry about "what if". We do not use it for trips so no issue there but the one we do use for travel has a full size spare and would not have bought it if it did not.

OLdchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma, 2020 Miata, MB E350
OrRad,
Do you think a basic drill or hammer drill would work for the jack?
What size socket are you using for the jack and lugs?

Sponsored

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
what about a 2020 mustang gt without pp1? is there a spare tire kit for it maybe cheaper?