Trooper_S550

Trooper_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
New car shouldn't be ticking this LOUD lol. I have been told it s due to the thinner walls of the longtubes; so I may just be removing them :frown:
Sponsored

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Car runs strong and have not noticed a decreased in power.
Not sure if I have mentioned; but I tried a bottle of Ceratec and it did quieten it for a couple weeks but it is back. :crying:

Maybe I need 2 bottles? lol
This is why I really think it's just Lash Adjusters that get lazy at low oil pressure. It makes sense that most of them, when given a shot of hBn to help lubricate and make it operate more smoothly will help. But, some HLA's may just be so tight that when oil pressure is below 30psi, they just won't inflate all the way to take up the slack, until you rev up the engine and the pump bypass closes.

My oil pressure at a low 600rpm idle is a meager 12-15psi. I wouldn't be surprised at all if such a low pressure can cause all kinds of noises that you wouldn't normally be hearing in older cars that usually run 25psi and up at idle..

I'm still trying to see if anyone has come up with a way to reprogram the oil pump to close the bypass further and run a higher oil pressure at idle. I honestly don't care if running at 15psi is more efficient by putting less stress on the engine at low RPM to save gas.

Btw, I've heard some guys are also having good results with a bottle of the new Rislone Nano-Prime which has a lot of cleansers with some Ceramic Tungsten to do essentially the same as hBn in Ceratec.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Car runs strong and have not noticed a decreased in power.
Not sure if I have mentioned; but I tried a bottle of Ceratec and it did quieten it for a couple weeks but it is back. :crying:

Maybe I need 2 bottles? lol
Two bottles is actually the recommended dosage per Liqui-Moly.

OP
OP
Trooper_S550

Trooper_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
This is why I really think it's just Lash Adjusters that get lazy at low oil pressure. It makes sense that most of them, when given a shot of hBn to help lubricate and make it operate more smoothly will help. But, some HLA's may just be so tight that when oil pressure is below 30psi, they just won't inflate all the way to take up the slack, until you rev up the engine and the pump bypass closes.

My oil pressure at a low 600rpm idle is a meager 12-15psi. I wouldn't be surprised at all if such a low pressure can cause all kinds of noises that you wouldn't normally be hearing in older cars that usually run 25psi and up at idle..

I'm still trying to see if anyone has come up with a way to reprogram the oil pump to close the bypass further and run a higher oil pressure at idle. I honestly don't care if running at 15psi is more efficient by putting less stress on the engine at low RPM to save gas.

Btw, I've heard some guys are also having good results with a bottle of the new Rislone Nano-Prime which has a lot of cleansers with some Ceramic Tungsten to do essentially the same as hBn in Ceratec.
I may have to give Rislone a try! Do you run it personally?

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I may have to give Rislone a try! Do you run it personally?
No. I thought about it, since it's an American product. However, since I've been running Ceratec exclusively since I bought the car, I wonder if it isn't a good idea just to stick with it.

If you do give it a try, let us know how much you add, and if it has any effect.
Sponsored