Ticking sound, is this the bbq tick?

Gtracing2626

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Hey everyone, just about 4 months ago I started to notice a ticking sound intermittently coming from what sounds like the throttle body or somewhere near it. I don’t remember the motor sounding like that in the past. I have a 2016 gt automatic with 38,000 miles on the car. Below I posted a video of the sound that Im referring to. Im worried that the sound might be the dreaded bbq tick everyone is always talking about. Does it sound like it to you guys, what may be causing the sound? I’ve owned the car for 4 years so my extended warranty if it even covers the issue will be over in the next 2 years. Im taking the car in for a oil change, coolant flush, and new battery this Friday, should I have the ford techs check this issue as well or is the diagnosis fee they will charge me not worth it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gtracing2626

Gtracing2626

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Thank you usgiorgi, I brought the mustang into the dealership yesterday and they diagnosed the problem as a faulty throttle body and gasket. They are ordering a replacement for me and will be installing it next weekend. Luckily it was covered under my extended warranty so the deductible will be $100. Ill let you know if it resolves the ticking sound after repair.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Thank you usgiorgi, I brought the mustang into the dealership yesterday and they diagnosed the problem as a faulty throttle body and gasket. They are ordering a replacement for me and will be installing it next weekend. Luckily it was covered under my extended warranty so the deductible will be $100. Ill let you know if it resolves the ticking sound after repair.
Glad I could help!

OP
OP
Gtracing2626

Gtracing2626

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Sorry for the late reply, but its now 2 months later and the replacement throttle body and gasket has fixed the issue. I have not heard the tick once and I have driven about 1,000 miles since repair.

Sponsored