Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

Trueblue15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 MT 3.55
My 15 V6 manual has been "fixed" 7 times now and the vibration just keeps coming back. On driveshaft #4 and differential #3. Only got 4000 km from the last driveshaft change. Have had the car 4.5 years and almost out or warranty. Has anyone had this problem fixed for longer than one year or 20,000 miles? I like the car as a daily driver but can't put up with this problem.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
My 15 V6 manual has been "fixed" 7 times now and the vibration just keeps coming back. On driveshaft #4 and differential #3. Only got 4000 km from the last driveshaft change. Have had the car 4.5 years and almost out or warranty. Has anyone had this problem fixed for longer than one year or 20,000 miles? I like the car as a daily driver but can't put up with this problem.
Were all 7 fixes by the same dealer? If the problem goes away and comes back, something the dealer did made it go away. If it came back, there is a good chance they messed up the repair. VERY unlikely to get 7 (including original) defective parts in a row. It sounds like the odds are good the dealer(s) did something that contributed to the problem coming back. It's rare but not unheard of for dealers to intentional do that for the repeat business.

If just one dealer is involved, or the last fix was by a dealer that did the bulk of the fixes, I would try a completely different dealer and insist that Ford get involved since the same thing keeps happening. Maybe something unusual about your particular car causes good parts to fail in use.

Last edited:

Trueblue15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 MT 3.55
Were all 7 fixes by the same dealer? If the problem goes away and comes back, something the dealer did made it go away. If it came back, there is a good chance they messed up the repair. VERY unlikely to gett7 (including original) defective parts in a row. It sounds like the odds are good the dealer(s) did something that contributed to the problem coming back. It's rare but not unheard of for dealers to intentional do that for the repeat business.

If just one dealer is involved, or the last fix was by a dealer that did the bulk of the fixes, I would try a completely different dealer and insist that Ford get involved since the same thing keeps happening. Maybe something unusual about your particular car causes good parts to fail in use.
Yes this is the same dealer and I know it would be easy to blame them but they are the best one around me. They have made a lot of money off this problem but I would think Ford would be on them for it I have dealt with others and not been happy with their work. Ford has been involved since the third repair and even given me one month free payment for my troubles ($500). I told the dealer that I will not accept only a driveshaft or a differential as a fix. I think I might have to talk to a lawyer or something. With all the vibration problems that so many seem to be having I can't believe there is not a class action suit started.

Deleted member 35786

Yes this is the same dealer and I know it would be easy to blame them but they are the best one around me. They have made a lot of money off this problem but I would think Ford would be on them for it I have dealt with others and not been happy with their work. Ford has been involved since the third repair and even given me one month free payment for my troubles ($500). I told the dealer that I will not accept only a driveshaft or a differential as a fix. I think I might have to talk to a lawyer or something. With all the vibration problems that so many seem to be having I can't believe there is not a class action suit started.
Did you verify with the paperwork that they actually performed the TSB's? If not, might be time to sell if you cant deal with it anymore.

Trueblue15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 MT 3.55
Did you verify with the paperwork that they actually performed the TSB's? If not, might be time to sell if you cant deal with it anymore.
I have never seen any paperwork and been told there are no TSB's nor can I find any online. If you know of one please forward me the info. I have had this problem since taking delivery of the car, I just thought it was a tire out of balance at first then got on the roller coaster ride from there. I shouldn't have to sell because Ford sold me a defective car, I won't get $hit all for a V6 stick anyway! Watch the documentary "A faster horse" on Netflix and near the end of it they show a boardroom meeting where the boss asks if the driveline vibration has been fixed which someone replies YES to save his job! This is a known issue.

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

I have never seen any paperwork and been told there are no TSB's nor can I find any online. If you know of one please forward me the info. I have had this problem since taking delivery of the car, I just thought it was a tire out of balance at first then got on the roller coaster ride from there. I shouldn't have to sell because Ford sold me a defective car, I won't get $hit all for a V6 stick anyway! Watch the documentary "A faster horse" on Netflix and near the end of it they show a boardroom meeting where the boss asks if the driveline vibration has been fixed which someone replies YES to save his job! This is a known issue.
You did not get a receipt for the repair?

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
I get a slight vibration at 80 mph. It's weird because I set my cruise at 70 didn't feel anything, smooth like on rails. moved up in 1 mph increments. at 78, 79 smooth. 80 mph. I start getting slight vibrations, I am talking very light. At 80 mph is when she starts hers. let got of the wheel she tracks straight. Its just a very light vibration. It makes the mirrors shake a little. I keep seeing everyone say between 50-70 mph. Mine is like 80 on the dot it starts. Ideas? I have done the same sitting in 5th gear. Set the cruise at 70 mph and went up mph at a time. As soon as 80 hits. mirrors start vibrating a little. I thought it was the tone of the aftermarket exhaust. Its a Borla cat back system. But I don't believe so. I have experimented at various rpms, gears, and speed combinations. It's definitely after 80 mph.

Deleted member 35786

Go to the dealer and ask for a receipt, they have to document everything and provide the customer with a receipt for repair. Warranty work or not.
I mean seriously... *facepalm

Sponsored

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
I'm sorry, Trueblue15...You've been dealing with a lot, and this is not a criticism of you. I have had 2 driveshaft issues (Clank when shifting into gear, then the replacement DS had the vibration you have). There was also the throttle body replacement (twice, one direct replacement, then called back when a re-engineered one was available) all fixed promptly. Every time I go to my dealer, whether routine maintenance, or those couple of warranty issues, I was given paperwork, and a receipt like the one in post # 3515 of this thread, all marked either with 0.00 due or No Charge.

A complete Oasis Report from Ford should show all work done on it, but I don't know if that is a US thing, noting that you are in Canada. I can appreciate your loyalty to your dealer, but there have been Service Bulletins noted in this thread about this. Wish you best of luck!

Trueblue15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 MT 3.55
I'm sorry, Trueblue15...You've been dealing with a lot, and this is not a criticism of you. I have had 2 driveshaft issues (Clank when shifting into gear, then the replacement DS had the vibration you have). There was also the throttle body replacement (twice, one direct replacement, then called back when a re-engineered one was available) all fixed promptly. Every time I go to my dealer, whether routine maintenance, or those couple of warranty issues, I was given paperwork, and a receipt like the one in post # 3515 of this thread, all marked either with 0.00 due or No Charge.

A complete Oasis Report from Ford should show all work done on it, but I don't know if that is a US thing, noting that you are in Canada. I can appreciate your loyalty to your dealer, but there have been Service Bulletins noted in this thread about this. Wish you best of luck!
Thanks for the response Decosse, I appreciate the information. I think Ford would have about $5,000 in repairs to my car by now. I'm sure Ford would be more pissed with the dealer than me. I have told my dealer that I will not accept another driveshaft or differential as the fix. I will ask for paperwork this time, I only have 5 months of warranty left and I sure want this fixed correctly. I like the car and would like to keep it but can not put up with this vibration.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
So likely my last post on this.car has 58k. It vibrates at 60 and 75 worse then it ever has. Very noticeable. Right in time for my CPO warranty to be up.. cars honestly falling apart and it's not worth saving. At 60k miles! Rear diff rebuilt, replaced drive shaft, link thing in transmission, horn died, horn button broke (I never use it lol), horrible noise from engine after startup and idle, evap valve went bad, brake booster was replaced. Boys and girls this car is a lemon and I'm kinda SOL.

However. I may have found a lawyer that has the abilities to help resolve my issue. So I'll try that if not it gets dropped off and I'm getting a SS 1le. Car is back to stock from H pipe and Borlas.

My girls 2009 mazda6 drivers better then this thing. Alright I'm venting. Lol

Post edit: car has been traded. Now owner of a 2020 1ss 1le Camaro

Last edited:

PipelineEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YaTi.co
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I am now in the same boat as the rest of you. I pre-ordered my car almost a year before taking delivery on it. 2015 mustang GT convertible, it is the first new vehicle I have ever had. The first 3-4 years and 20k miles were a dream. Car was smooth as glass. However in the past few months right before my warranty runs out the car has a very very annoying vibration 40-75mph range. We spent 2k on rims and tires because of some slight issues when they road forced balanced it an the vibration is still there. Now the service manager is trying to tell me this is normal for a convertible. I finally talked them into putting it on a NVH analyzer but he said he is highly doubtful it will find anything out of spec. I’m so pissed though because I loved this car and had every intention on keeping it as my weekend warrior for a long time. I’m a nuclear mechanical engineer and to have a Ford service manager tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about and to talk down to me like a child is infuriating. Also this is one of the largest mustang dealers in the entire US so it’s not like they can actually play dumb on this. And to think boomers wonder why millennials and gen z aren’t buying as many new cars. Lol... sorry guys I had to vent somewhere. I felt like I just flushed $60k down the toilet with this car...

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I am now in the same boat as the rest of you. I pre-ordered my car almost a year before taking delivery on it. 2015 mustang GT convertible, it is the first new vehicle I have ever had. The first 3-4 years and 20k miles were a dream. Car was smooth as glass. However in the past few months right before my warranty runs out the car has a very very annoying vibration 40-75mph range. We spent 2k on rims and tires because of some slight issues when they road forced balanced it an the vibration is still there.
I would assume a road force balancer would detect any axial of radial run-out on the tire/wheel assembly. But it might be something to check again. I had one new tire on a different vehicle of mine that balanced out perfectly, but the tread had some radial run-out that caused the car to vibrate slighty. They put a new tire on (after I showed them the visual radial run-out) and it was super smooth after that.
Sponsored