crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone actually ordered JR3Z-5K245-B, the Valve Repair Kit? Can anyone actually tell me what's in it and if it comes with both actuator motors?
Sponsored

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
Ordered this GT350 actuators. Will report back when they come in. This will be to retrofit on my ā€˜15 GT so Iā€™m not worried about plug ā€˜n play functionality.

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Ordered this GT350 actuators. Will report back when they come in. This will be to retrofit on my ā€˜15 GT so Iā€™m not worried about plug ā€˜n play functionality.
What system are you going to use to open and close? I need to figure something out but I don't want 'quiet or loud' only, I'd like in between too

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
Havenā€™t decided. First order of business is to make sure they physically bolt in place. Personally Iā€™m okay with ā€œon/off.ā€ I will see if I can figure out how they work internally and then decide how I want them wires.

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
Okay, so hereā€™s an update:

Mufflers and Roush rear valance installed. They fit perfectly together.

***GT350 ACTUATORS DO NOT FIT THE 18-19 GT MUFFLERS. ***

Next order of business is to source some actuators. Please excuse the incredibly dirty car and my friend who did the start and rev for me.

6D918E70-395B-4401-B912-28D1D00DDED0.jpeg

Sponsored

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
I used this kit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-SETS-2-5...ric-Control-Valve-Kit-With-Pump-/183717235938

The motors fit the 18+ Perfectly.
The only thing I had to do was tack weld the spring to the butterfly valve side as it didnā€™t line up with the groves. You could make new groves to seat them but space is very tight.
Was easier to just tack weld in place on the exhaust side then slot the motor over the top.

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Is anyone aware of a CANBUS controller for the OEM actuators?

I'd like to be able to open the actuators a certain amount rather than quiet (closed) or loud(open).

RileyZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Gt PP
If anyone here is running an 18/19 rear bumper on there 15-17 where did you order from / what did they bang you?

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Just bumping this, is it possible to open the valves a specific amount rather than open/closed? Even a dial?

Sponsored

mmarfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Competition Orange
Is anyone aware of a CANBUS controller for the OEM actuators?

I'd like to be able to open the actuators a certain amount rather than quiet (closed) or loud(open).
I have the manual open close and I will tell you that thereā€™s no point opening them half way. For me itā€™s always full open or full close.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
Just bumping this, is it possible to open the valves a specific amount rather than open/closed? Even a dial?
That's what Ford is doing, and varying the valve opening depending on throttle, RPM, ...
There are only four wires, two are PWR & GND, the others are not identified as CAN so my guess is one is PWM to the motor, the other is feedback (PWM or voltage ?) to the PCM.

Chief_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Anyone have the updated part numbers for each of the mufflers? I can seem to locate the revised part numbers.

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Hey guys i am new to the forum and making my first post. First let me tell you that i have a 2019 GT premium 401a, without digital dash, without magneride.(I DO HAVE THE HARNESS AT THE BACK OF THE CAR) I have been lerking through all of the active exhaust threads for some time now. I recently acquired all of the OEM parts to attempt this swap.

Parts i currently possess:
(All from Tasca Parts)
Exhaust actuator motor (2) JR3Z-5K245-B ($248.85 each) Side note I originally ordered actuator motors FR3Z-FK245-A ($93.24 each) (These are for GT350 only and have a smaller 3 pin connector which will not work OEM harness)
Wire jumper assembly (2) - JR3Z-14A411-H ($32.91 each)
Y harness - JR3Z-14A411-J ($40.61 each)

My intentions have been to obtain these parts and test functionality before purchasing a Borla Active cat-back system. I have turned on the active exhaust menu in the dash with FORScan.

Last night i finally had some time to tinker with this a bit so i plugged the harness and actuators into the OEM harness at the back of the vehicle and changed modes in the dash only to find that the actuators did not function. I am not getting any warnings in the dash just zero actuator function.

I decided to read back though the thread only to realize i had never checked the fuse box for the fuse and relay. And to my surprise.. neither is installed and even worse it does not appear there are any contacts in their
place except for 1 where the 15A fuse goes in space 42. At this point I have to assume there is no hope for a truly OEM install. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
0620192036_HDR.jpg

I saw that you successfully installed active exhaust with Forscan. Do you mind sharing what code use used?

I'm not able to find a working code for this. I believe I have active exhaust, because i have the actuators and wiring already hooked up. i believe the only thing I'm missing is the correct forscan code.

Thanks

Greg

acemastr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
I saw that you successfully installed active exhaust with Forscan. Do you mind sharing what code use used?

I'm not able to find a working code for this. I believe I have active exhaust, because i have the actuators and wiring already hooked up. i believe the only thing I'm missing is the correct forscan code.

Thanks

Greg
Unfortunately Forscan won't activate the exhausts alone, I'm still trying to find a way of activating within the PCM itself.
Sponsored