MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
@Kevin08 Yeah, it's a bit of a price jump, really wanted a PP car again, but maybe would've settled for a non-PP car - however, that's before I got to experience MR. I was planning on buying used, so my options were a little more constrained, when I found the "new" car, the price was pretty amazing, then when I saw it had both MR and Active Exhaust __and__ the B&O, it was a BUY THIS NOW price :D Now that I have it, I won't go back!

It's kind of like when I got my '16, in that MY, the Automatic Cruise Control was a line item, like $800 I think[?] I wouldn't have gotten it it specing an order, but the car on the lot had it, and now, it's another won't go back sort of option.
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm considering trading in my current car on a base GT, 301A, Magneride, MT82 & active exhaust. 0% and all, hard to pass up.

How good is the Magneride? In my sig line are my current suspension mods. Do the 18s & 19s still need rear suspension mods to not hop around in corners with bumps?

What is the effect of the Magneride? Is it really that good? Is it soft enough on bumpy roads? Is it firm and controlled enough in the twisties?

Thanks for your opinions/observations, test drives don't allow for real spirited driving.
Yes, you still need to do all the same rear suspension mods.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I'm considering trading in my current car on a base GT, 301A, Magneride, MT82 & active exhaust. 0% and all, hard to pass up.

How good is the Magneride? In my sig line are my current suspension mods. Do the 18s & 19s still need rear suspension mods to not hop around in corners with bumps?

What is the effect of the Magneride? Is it really that good? Is it soft enough on bumpy roads? Is it firm and controlled enough in the twisties?

Thanks for your opinions/observations, test drives don't allow for real spirited driving.
Love the magneride on my 19. It also has the 301a, so you will have the ability to adjust the ride ( normal, sport, track, drag, snow).

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
If you are going Magneride and M6, you might consider the additional $800 for PP2. As others have said, Normal is quite good for DD'ing. Sport is firmer with still decent DD'ing characteristics. Track is planted, but a little more punishing for DD'ing. I'm not sure how much different the PP2 vs PP1 springs make with the MR, but I doubt it's that much. I haven't noticed the wheel hop on the PP2 that much that others talk about having to cure with the aftermarket, but I haven't had it on the drag strip yet either. I don't think anyone who says the PP brakes aren't any better than non PP brakes has driven a PP car. The PP brakes are really good. I'm a cloth guy and still prefer the look of the analog gauges, so I think 301A is a good value choice. Active Exhaust is also a great value option IMO and is plenty loud with nothing more than a res delete and H/X pipe for minimal additional cost.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Bought it.

I'm certain Kona Blue isn't the color for me, as it clearly needs to be kept clean to look good.

But, other than that........what a car. The small, detail improvements over my 2016 car add up to quite an impressive difference in driving dynamics.

The Magneride is fantastic, but Normal isn't soft enough for the rough streets of DC. Track is amazing, and I'd say the body control is damn near as good as my previous car with all the Steeda stuff, but with a much better ride. There's no float, great control, and much, much less impact harshness. The MP4Ss might have a lot to do with that though.

The 301A is a great package. It skips the weight of the heated/cooled seats, but gives a much nicer environment with the Sync 3 and better sound system, which is a major improvement over the base stereo in my last car. I'm just getting into what Sync 3 does, because I need a new charging cable for my Android phone. I had missed the MyColor feature, it's nice to have that back.

The clutch, transmission, adjustable exhaust....all tremendous improvements. It shifts great, the pedal is lighter, the clutch engagement is much better, the exhaust can be quiet or loud. But......when set in Quiet mode, once you romp on the throttle the exhaust just opens up and bellows, doesn't stay quiet when you're hammering it. I do like that the car is silent inside when cruising on the freeway. The taller gears seem fine, definitely nice to see lower RPMs on the freeway.

As far as the engine, there's definitely more torque, lower in the RPM range. But, as many others have complained, these cars just don't feel that fast. Objectively, that's because the suspension/chasis/body control/tires are so good, the car just isn't scary. My 2012 GT Brembo car scared the ever-living shit out of me, with 80+HP less, whenever I wanted it to, because the suspension and tires were shit. The car was just all over the road. These cars don't do that, much more of a cruiser/GTer. I can definitely see this car would make a NY to LA run a pure joy.

I'm exhausted. Drove many hours last night, then was up this morning at 4AM to drive again.

The best way I can sum-up this car, is that it needs nothing. Doesn't need a tune, doesn't need suspension mods, doesn't need the trans fluid changed, doesn't need anything. Near as I can tell, it's perfect just the way it is. And since every time in the past I've modded something to address one issue, a new issue was created, I'm very glad for that.

ETA; found a charging cable for my phone. I wish the phone was 100% controllable from Sync 3 when plugged in. Using Waze is great though. Who the hell would pay for Nav?

Last edited:

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Bought it.

Bullshit. I don't see any pics ...

:D

Congrats, sounds like a nice score! So that was a new '19 on a lot? I drove 5+ hours, down and back to Ft. Myers to get mine, through a typhoon ... my first 2 hours with my new car was with the top up, barely able to see the road :crazy:

Yeah, the MagRide is amazing, I hear you on the comfort on crappy streets, since it's bundled with the Perf Pack, it's on a pretty tight/sporty suspension, but coming from a PP car, I can tell you it's way better (and I believe the MY18+ PP1 is even a little dialed up over my previous '16, so to get better in both metrics - performance and comfort - is pretty f***ing awesome).

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Bullshit. I don't see any pics ...

:D

Congrats, sounds like a nice score! So that was a new '19 on a lot? I drove 5+ hours, down and back to Ft. Myers to get mine, through a typhoon ... my first 2 hours with my new car was with the top up, barely able to see the road :crazy:

Yeah, the MagRide is amazing, I hear you on the comfort on crappy streets, since it's bundled with the Perf Pack, it's on a pretty tight/sporty suspension, but coming from a PP car, I can tell you it's way better (and I believe the MY18+ PP1 is even a little dialed up over my previous '16, so to get better in both metrics - performance and comfort - is pretty f***ing awesome).
New on the lot. Great price, very strong money for my trade in. 0% financing. Sales Manager complaining he was losing money on the sale (complete b.s., but nice to hear). My first 2 hours of driving the car was in absolute bumper-to-bumper traffic, just pissed me off.

Jesus.....I need sleep.:cwl::cwl:

20190829_071102.jpg
20190829_071114.jpg
20190829_071128.jpg

Last edited:

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
New on the lot. Great price, very strong money for my trade in. 0% financing. Sales Manager complaining he was losing money on the sale (complete b.s., but nice to hear). My first 2 hours of driving the car was in absolute bumper-to-bumper traffic, just pissed me off.

20190829_071102.jpg
20190829_071114.jpg
20190829_071128.jpg
You gonna get keyed if you keep parking like that. :wink:

Congrats on your new pony. Enjoy the ride. :sunglasses:

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You gonna get keyed if you keep parking like that. :wink:

Congrats on your new pony. Enjoy the ride. :sunglasses:
The parking is ok, no problems there.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Another observation;

The new car smell; you can get a whiff of it outside the car.

Very strong.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
What you really missed out on was the A10 and Drag Mode (aka Beast Mode). Enjoy the car otherwise!

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
What you really missed out on was the A10 and Drag Mode (aka Beast Mode). Enjoy the car otherwise!
Missing out on the A10.
Haha. Good one. ;)

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1

20190829_071102.jpg
20190829_071114.jpg
20190829_071128.jpg
Very nice dude, happy for you. Kona is a sweet color. I bet you grow to love it. Not yellow. Harder to keep clean,sure. But it looks so damn good in the sun or at night.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I considered the A10, but I enjoy the connection to the car that comes with shifting.
Sponsored