Is magneride worth it?

T.O.Bullitt

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Oh, no argument there. However, I was responding to someone stating that MagneRide "costs $3k less up north in here", which I felt couldn't be justified.
Thanks, and I see now that he was not talking about Bullitts but GTs.
And about that, maybe a similar observation: I think the way Ford Canada invoices Ford vehicles sold in Canada may very well involve different combinations of apples, oranges and bananas - I mean, suspension packages, standard equipment, and other options - with somewhat different prices than in the US that may add up to price anomalies across the border that have little or nothing to do with exchange rates.
Despite this, in the end I agree with you because Ford ultimately wants to make a profit and so I don't think it will offer you any mix of packages in Canada on any version of the Mustang that will essentially give you MagneRide for significantly less here than in the US.
It's too expensive a feature for that. Ford, as I said, and no knock on Ford, ultimately just wants to make a profit.
Advertisement

Zooks527

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Despite this, in the end I agree with you because Ford ultimately wants to make a profit and so I don't think it will offer you any mix of packages in Canada on any version of the Mustang that will essentially give you MagneRide for significantly less here than in the US.
But think of the cross-border used car arbitrage potential that could create ! :wink:

tosha

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Yeah right, I meant to say PP1 package and typed in magneride instead. Early morning post before coffee kicked in 😄

What I intended to say is that PP1 in US costs 6.5k while it's 4.5k in Canada and with conversion rate it's close to 3.5k USD, which I please was PP1 price in US initially.

Yes, rates change but it's been around 1.25-1.3 CAD for 1 USD for quite some time and car prices have been creeping up ever since Canadian dollar started going down quite a few years ago.

tosha

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
MagneRide is a $1700 option. So, what, you're saying they give you $1,300 if you order it. :rolleyes:

Now, PP1+MR is $4500 + $3500 = $7000 in CA, versus $6500 + $1695 = $8195 in the US, so you could try to argue it's $1200 less..

That would be great if Ford was just selling the parts on the street. However, you have to buy the rest of the car to get it. So, when you do that, a base GT + PP1 + MR + 301A (required for PP1) = $47,875 in the US against $53,275 in Canada.

How's that $3,000 less?
Let me know how many US dollars you have, I would buy them all at 1 to 1 rate :giggle:

Zooks527

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me know how many US dollars you have, I would buy them all at 1 to 1 rate :giggle:
Ah. The stupidity of an exchange rate argument raises its head.

tosha

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Ah. The stupidity of an exchange rate argument raises its head.
Sure, comparing costs of same goods in different currencies without considering conversion rates is not stupid at all, you win this one :clap:

Zooks527

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sure, comparing costs of same goods in different currencies without considering conversion rates is not stupid at all, you win this one :clap:
As this is coming from someone who states that he can get a $1700 option for "$3000 less", you'll forgive me for thinking your math ability is just slightly below that of that of the counting horse in the sideshow.

But, please, enlighten us as to how your claim that the $1695 MagneRide option is "$3000 less" in Canada works.

tosha

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
As this is coming from someone who states that he can get a $1700 option for "$3000 less", you'll forgive me for thinking your math ability is just slightly below that of that of the counting horse in the sideshow.

But, please, enlighten us as to how your claim that the $1695 MagneRide option is "$3000 less" in Canada works.
Read post #33 and take a chill pill. It's just a forum, no need to be such a toxic douchebag.

steve0s550

Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
Had it on my Corvettes and my other Mustangs. Well worth the cost IMHO. One can tell the difference on a crappy road and, at the track. It autocorrects so damn fast. If you want to lower the car, no problem. Ford Performance has a spring set designed specifically for Magneride equipped Mustangs. The drop is 0.78 at all four corners. Mine go on next Tuesday.
I put those springs on my MR equipped 2020 HPP 2.3 and they've been great. Nice stance, no codes or anything bad about them.

Screenshot_20210802-151927_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210802-154353_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210802-163741_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20210802-163926_Drive.jpg

Hanavarian

Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
Ticino 7D
I have experienced Magneride in everything from Ferrari, to GMC to Honda and can say that comfort mode in Mustang vert is the weakest by far VS the absolute best in Ferrari where it is utterly amazing majic carpet ride haha.

Maybe it was because the Mustang was brand new with 10 miles on it....

POJ 1

Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
I have a Bullitt with magneride after a 2015 Gt that didn't have it and Its a major gamechanger

Zooks527

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Read post #33 and take a chill pill. It's just a forum, no need to be such a toxic douchebag.
My but we're thin skinned.

Decible

Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1
I’ve owned a ‘17 PP1 non-mag and I now have a ‘20 with it. I’d never go back to a non-mag car 🤷🏼‍♂️

Bit_the_Bullitt

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
if your going to mod your suspension, probable not. If you don't have it, you probable wouldn't miss it. After driving my car for a year with MR, I absolutly love it and so glad I have it.
Much like previously mentioned, it's definitely worth it. Putzing around in normal mode in my Bullitt on my daily commute it's fairly compliant, but you still know what's going on in the road.
Doing the same route on my way home after work (generally in Sport+ mode), the same bumps that were fairly compliant are pretty dang firm, so definitely makes a difference.

young at heart

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium Convertible
If you're going to track your car that's one thing. Or maybe you're the kind of person who wants to have maximum go fast stuff on your car even though you know you'll likely never use it. I get that. Who doesn't love bragging rights and bench racing?

But I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of owners of dead stock base GTs are not able to use the capabilities of their cars on the street as it is.

Advertisement

63 - Late Model Restoration - 1
Advertisement