Sponsored

10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That does sound like the most probable issue. Hot glue is a good option for holding things in place. Especially since it's relatively non-conductive.
Sponsored

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also make sure the connection is fully clipped. I remember it being shallow but with a clip.

Odox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Well, looks like I don't have that application on my tablet...

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It controls the base Ford sync module. You just need to make sure the RCA connections are right to pipe in the mic and out the sync.
When you hook up the RCA connections to make Sync work, does it use the built in OEM factory microphone, or do you still need to plug in and use the cheap round one they give you?

Sponsored

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I didn't try without the provided one. I ran it up passenger side pillar and from headliner and under the cable cover to the mirror. Used a Velcro strap on the mirror arm and it works great there where you can't see it.

When you hook up the RCA connections to make Sync work, does it use the built in OEM factory microphone, or do you still need to plug in and use the cheap round one they give you?

sc00ter_t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Silver Mustang GT Sport Pkg
Alright guys.. after a few days of reading through the threads I'm heavily leaning towards the Seicane android unit/bezel to replace my 4" display and infotainment system. Questions first..

1.) How are you guys experiencing current connectivity with Apple OS systems..Specifically via the armrest console usb port.. (I don't like wires, and I have a ipod nano and like to plug in there).

2.) I've read about screen outages in high heat weather.. Are there multiple issues of this? ( I live in South Florida where the heat doesn't stop).

3.) I've read it but would like to confirm, does gps and maps work without a wifi/hotspot connection?

4.) Is this overall plug & play aside from detaching the volume knobs?

5.) What should I opt for for longevity in usability and software? I understand these systems have background apps and apps running constantly and I would like to minimize any to extend live of the system and smoothness. (Is there a constant clearing of background running apps to keep running smoothly like on a phone os?

7.) Where and what to buy for best package and install? Im looking at this site here https://www.seicane.com/index.php/a...VdgFrsmHpqXQzWTD6EnbKgQssnCRlmOUaAkkVEALw_wcB

or here https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.co...9&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign

8.) Whats the Carplay dongle option? will this allow for full apply/android car play like in the sync and chevy units?.

9.) Do I have to order the revers cam option>?

Sorry to make this long but I'm in for an upgrade over stock not a future headache.

Input and advice is much appreciated... Thanks in advance!

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll try to help on some of these.

1) The armrest console port is still connected to the Sync unit. so there isn't a change in function. I personally don't plug in my phone. There is another USB lead that I put in the glovebox. This could be relocated possibly. It and the lower dash port are connected to the head unit. There is a sync app to display and control the sync unit.

2) I think the only one I've heard of was a loose connection.

3) If you have a offline maps app. I have used Here maps before but I find that I still like using my phone for GPS and the head unit for music/bluetooth streaming from phone.

4) Some assembly required. But basically yes. Its a little aggravating to get all the wiring squared away in the dash.

5) Well when the vehicle powers down so does the HU to a point. It basically clears its memory when you cut the ignition.

9) Reverse cam hookup should be included. I think the option is an actual camera.

Alright guys.. after a few days of reading through the threads I'm heavily leaning towards the Seicane android unit/bezel to replace my 4" display and infotainment system. Questions first..

1.) How are you guys experiencing current connectivity with Apple OS systems..Specifically via the armrest console usb port.. (I don't like wires, and I have a ipod nano and like to plug in there).

2.) I've read about screen outages in high heat weather.. Are there multiple issues of this? ( I live in South Florida where the heat doesn't stop).

3.) I've read it but would like to confirm, does gps and maps work without a wifi/hotspot connection?

4.) Is this overall plug & play aside from detaching the volume knobs?

5.) What should I opt for for longevity in usability and software? I understand these systems have background apps and apps running constantly and I would like to minimize any to extend live of the system and smoothness. (Is there a constant clearing of background running apps to keep running smoothly like on a phone os?

7.) Where and what to buy for best package and install? Im looking at this site here https://www.seicane.com/index.php/a...VdgFrsmHpqXQzWTD6EnbKgQssnCRlmOUaAkkVEALw_wcB

or here https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.co...9&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign

8.) Whats the Carplay dongle option? will this allow for full apply/android car play like in the sync and chevy units?.

9.) Do I have to order the revers cam option>?

Sorry to make this long but I'm in for an upgrade over stock not a future headache.

Input and advice is much appreciated... Thanks in advance!

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

1) The armrest console port is still connected to the Sync unit. so there isn't a change in function. I personally don't plug in my phone. There is another USB lead that I put in the glovebox. This could be relocated possibly. It and the lower dash port are connected to the head unit. There is a sync app to display and control the sync unit.

3) If you have a offline maps app. I have used Here maps before but I find that I still like using my phone for GPS and the head unit for music/bluetooth streaming from phone.

4) Some assembly required. But basically yes. Its a little aggravating to get all the wiring squared away in the dash.

5) Well when the vehicle powers down so does the HU to a point. It basically clears its memory when you cut the ignition.

9) Reverse cam hookup should be included. I think the option is an actual camera.
The one thing I just don't like about the Seicane or other 10.2" widescreen units, is it doesn't guarantee retention of the OEM Sync 1 functions. Specifically, the voice activation button on the steering wheel for making calls and listening to received texts. I use these functions constantly.

Sponsored

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That worked. (Before I swapped out to the 2018 digital cluster and buttons.) It needed the RCA hooked up correctly to pass the audio through. I would like a working button calibration setting though. Haven't got that to work yet. It would be cool to remap some of the buttons.

The one thing I just don't like about the Seicane or other 10.2" widescreen units, is it doesn't guarantee retention of the OEM Sync 1 functions. Specifically, the voice activation button on the steering wheel for making calls and listening to received texts. I use these functions constantly.

sc00ter_t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)

You are the man! Thank you, this answers my critical questions. I think I'm ready to order. Just have to figure out from where.. I would like to get what someone else has already successfully purchased and installed.

sc00ter_t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I just bought the carplay dongle so I can try it,I'll report back with what I find.
Nice! Fill us in. Also what site did you end up purchasing your system? How long did take to arrive?

Joeys550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 magnetic gray gt
Nice! Fill us in. Also what site did you end up purchasing your system? How long did take to arrive?
I bought my unit a couple years ago at seicane and it took two weeks I believe. They made it seem like the dongle will work with any android headunit, I've downloaded the app and it it looks to be working, I just need the dongle to test it
Sponsored