Sponsored

10.2" Horizontal display Android 4.4.2 touch screen radio

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The heat may have affected the connector in some way also??? But likely it would be a capacitor. The scosche and metra units don't really inspire confidence either. There is just not a great solution for this car. The Sync 3 would be good if it was not pricey to retrofit and had rca line outs....
Sponsored

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So I didn't drive my car at all yesterday, it sat in the garage until I got home from work. I turned it on to see if the screen would come back on and sure enough it did.

A wiring issue does not make sense because I put it in the garage while the screen was not working so absolutely nothing moved between then and now.

I left the car on for a good 20 minutes or so and the screen did not turn off. I am almost certain it is the heat causing the screen to shut off at this point. I guess the only thing I can do is wait for the next hot day to test it.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you wanted to go to the trouble, you could pull the screen unit and inspect the capacitors for bulging or leaking?? Its all open back there anyway. Then you could re-seat the connector while in there just to be sure. The screen connector could be susceptible to heat contraction/ expansion maybe if not well seated...

So I didn't drive my car at all yesterday, it sat in the garage until I got home from work. I turned it on to see if the screen would come back on and sure enough it did.

A wiring issue does not make sense because I put it in the garage while the screen was not working so absolutely nothing moved between then and now.

I left the car on for a good 20 minutes or so and the screen did not turn off. I am almost certain it is the heat causing the screen to shut off at this point. I guess the only thing I can do is wait for the next hot day to test it.

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
If you wanted to go to the trouble, you could pull the screen unit and inspect the capacitors for bulging or leaking?? Its all open back there anyway. Then you could re-seat the connector while in there just to be sure. The screen connector could be susceptible to heat contraction/ expansion maybe if not well seated...
This weekend I will try to see if I can get in there and look at things.

I just jumped in my car a few minutes ago and the screen did not turn on (hot day). Drove to the gas station and after jumping back in the screen turned on, I did not attempt to cool down the interior. So I have no clue at this point.

Odox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Does anyone know how / if it is possible to use Sync for inbound and outbound calls via Bluetooth on this unit? Also anyone ever updated the firmware?

Sponsored

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sync works by way of the app. The app interfaces with the sync module and the android unit has audio in and out connections to the sync module. So it works normally from what I can tell. You need to use the console USB port if you want to use sync with UFD containing music.

I don't know if it notifies you on screen for incoming calls if connected to sync. There will be two bluetooth receivers in your car.

Does anyone know how / if it is possible to use Sync for inbound and outbound calls via Bluetooth on this unit? Also anyone ever updated the firmware?

Odox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Sync works by way of the app. The app interfaces with the sync module and the android unit has audio in and out connections to the sync module. So it works normally from what I can tell. You need to use the console USB port if you want to use sync with UFD containing music.

I don't know if it notifies you on screen for incoming calls if connected to sync. There will be two bluetooth receivers in your car.
What app are you talking about? I don't have a sync app?

Odox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Javier
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
There is the Android and Apple Synch App, but I thought that was only for the Synch-3 systems...

How would that App have anything to do with an Android radio?
That might be the problem I had a base model radio with sync2

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On mine it has a Ford sync Android app. It is the UI for the base Ford sync system.

Sponsored

VikingJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I pulled everything out yesterday and I think my problem was the harness that plugs in to the screen at the top. It seems very suspect due to how badly it seems to seat when plugged in.

I turned on the tablet and had some music going to test the connection. When I pulled the harness from the screen, the screen went black but the music still played just like what I was experiencing before.

The only "fix" I could come up with was to seat the connector the best I could and run a couple of beads of hot glue and hope it holds.

Hopefully this is what my problem is and not heat because I love this setup otherwise.
Sponsored