2020 GT500 vs C8 Corvette

oRACERED5.0o

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pedro
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
As we all know by now, the new C8 Corvette will have a base price under 60k and will do 0-60mph under 3 seconds. 2020 GT500 will start at 75k or so. I would like to believe ADMs wont be justified if customers can pick up a C8 for less money. What are you guy's thoughts on how the C8 will affect the GT500 pricing?

2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray.jpg
2020-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-reveal-103-1551197283.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
My thoughts are the C8, looks good from the side profile with the big side vent showing but front and back is meh. Performance oriented its not bad. Call it 500 HP. Yes with mid engine that's going to make 0-60 faster than the gt500. But once off the line I think GT500 will have an advantage. I could be wrong but this is my speculation. Performance wise this is going to be what are you looking for? Me personally, I will use the GT500 more for drag racing. The C8 (on a guess) will perform better on a road course? Hoping they learned their lesson on the C7 and cooling issues. As I have mentioned before I don't think this will effect GT500 pricing.

We are comparing a mass produced car to a limited quantity. As many people on here as there are in the gt500 section I am guessing that 25% will get one first year. Whether that is because of allocation or waiting for ADM to cool off, it doesn't matter. The GT500 price wont change because of the C8. May take some customers out of the pipeline but I think that is the only effect it will have.

Both cars are great in their own respect and up to each individual to make their personal decision on what they think is worth spending their hard earned money on.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
The C 8 is an amazing car but I donā€™t think it will change pricing in the GT500 or reduce GT500 ADMs. The people who are paying big ADMs on the GT500 are wealthy to rich people who are not comparison shopping. They want what they want when they want it and will pay no matter what. The LT1 package Vette is pretty stripped out so the 60k vase price is not as good as it seams. A base GT500 with the tech package will be more similarly equipped like the LT3 Corvette. The MSRPs wonā€™t be as far different as most think unless you buy a stripped out LT1. The 5 and 10 thousand dollar ADMs will make the difference in price more than anything. The Vette is a sports car where the GT500 to me is still a muscle car. There is noting the GT500 can do to replicate the characteristics or a mid-engine car. The cars cater to different buyers.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Even after the reveal of the 2020 C8 I am going forward with the GT500 I ordered. It fits what I want in the car. The Corvette is an awesome car and the performance will be out of this world at a great price but the only way I would buy one would be if I get screwed out of the GT500 I have on order. You wonā€™t hear any IMO the GT500 is a better car or why people should or shouldnā€™t buy the Vette. Both are great cars and people will ultimately buy the one they want.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
The C8, very nice great #ā€™s great cost, but I personally want a HotRod! I want to go do donuts, smoke the tires off, be a little too loud! I donā€™t know that Iā€™ve ever bought a car on what a professional driver could do behind the wheel. Iā€™ll track my cars occasionally, but itā€™s for fun. I enjoy letting the ass kick out, power sliding a bit. Now if tracking a car is your thing and times are important. Maybe the C8 is for you. I just feel Iā€™m in the majority of the democraticā€™s ford was going for and it wonā€™t affect sales or ADMā€™s

Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Just for clarification, the ā€˜under 3 second 0 to 60ā€™ will NOT be the ā€˜under 60kā€™. They specifically state thatā€™s only doable with the Z51 package which is a fully loaded track package, no way in hell thats not touching close to 70k already before taxes.

I too like the 3 quarter view of the C8, and to say we got an American mid-engine sports car that can rival Italian ones with a pushrod engine is huge. Rear end looks too much like a camaro and the HVAC controls look goofy, but other than that, itā€™s a good looker!

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think the c8 will effect the GT500 at all they are built for different buyers. I believe the GT500 will sell out because of the Shelby mystic but the c8 on the other hand will sell well the first year but trail off after that. You'll have GM loyalist who will say that the c8 will sell like crazy and we'll see them everywhere seems we've heard the same thing about the c6 camaro that has just been put on hold (canceled}.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think the C8 will impact GT500 ADMs, but not the GT500 pricing. The low price tag GM has mentioned is only for a non-track capable version of the C8 that is equipped with ALL SEASON tires.

IMO the release of the C8 will probably help GT500 buyers. Unless they want the first GT500 and are unwilling to wait.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
There are people who will want the Ford, regardless of competition. However, the idea of getting into something truly unique is a strong draw. Especially a car that is closer to an exotic, and sub $100k. A lot of us had posters of exotics on our wall as a kid, with the expectation that they were never attainable. GM pulled a good one here, introducing the new Vette just after the GT500.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
GM pumps out around 30-40k corvettes per year.

It will be unique for about 1 day.
When everyone finds out the insurance rates for a mid engine supercar I think sales will be much lower.