Sponsored

*First Post* 21' GT MT-82 (Non-PP) PBD E85R Tune + Exhaust Vs. (Stock?) New C8 Corvette

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT; 2013 Jeep Wrangler
I have owned my Mustang since Mid-November. Due to the weather (NW Ohio) I haven't been around many nicer cars.
Well, about 2-3 weeks ago, a "Grabber Blue" Corvette decided he wanted to race me on the highway.

~45MPH Roll races. I was in second gear when we started. I think the first time I went early (he was indicating with the horn, not me). But, 2 out of the other 3 times, I actually was pulling away from him. (Slightly)

On the 4th go, he finally got a bumper on me around 135MPH-145MPH.

Question: Is my car legitimately that fast? Or, was it an issue with the driver of the Corvette. I was under the impression that the Corvette would be walking me. I was simply hoping to "Keep Up".

Anyone else have any experience with this scenario?
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Doing it from a roll probably helped a lot.

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I briefly owned a c8. From a dig you would have been walked, but I was pretty unsatisfied with the top end. Biggest c8 advantage is traction due to the engine location.

Edit: c8s run high 10s/low 11s stock in the quarter mile, but the ET speaks a lot about the top end.

OP
OP
TheAverageJoe93
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT; 2013 Jeep Wrangler
I briefly owned a c8. From a dig you would have been walked, but I was pretty unsatisfied with the top end. Biggest c8 advantage is traction due to the engine location.

Edit: c8s run high 10s/low 11s stock in the quarter mile, but the ET speaks a lot about the top end.
Yeah, I figured that was the case. I was shocked. But, it was still a gorgeous Baby Blue color. Loved it!

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Definitely beautiful car that gets a ton of looks and comments. But for me personally, I'm a tinkerer, and there isn't much to tinker with just yet. Not to mention that they're selling for 10-30k over sticker. I just took the free money and put it towards a new boosted 21 gt that should hopefully strive before my birthday. Now, when the z06 starts hitting the streets, that will be a different story. I'm excited to see that.

But tl;Dr mustangs get a bad rap from other car owners. Coyote is such a great motor.

Sponsored

Osazee449

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Osazee
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT A10
I actually raced a C6 covette and was amazed on how my stock 10 speed perform. I have it on my YT channel

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
This may help put things into perspective. From a roll, the C8 is a force to be reckoned with lol. With the manual tranny, I'm surprised you did as well as you did. I would think that 2nd to 3rd shift you had to make would allow that auto to jump ahead. Now had things gone down while you were cruising (lol) in 3rd at about 5k rpm, and not needed to make a shift, then yep I would expect you to do as well as you did.

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/202...-ferrari-458-speciale-a-race-it-didnt-expect/
Sponsored