Sponsored

C8 Corvette Vs. 350/500/GT

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
Now that the cat is out of the bag and the C8 Corvette is going to start at about $58,900, curious to see how many are going to buy a Corvette instead. Given the value equation, for me, it's a no-brainer. I've been a Ford guy all my life (but have owned Chevrolet's in the past and they have been good). When I can go 0-60 in less than 3 seconds for about $65,000 (Z51 package), it's a pretty elementary decision. And yes, there will be Z06, ZR1 and "Zora" models with new DOHC power plants. What was Ford thinking about producing a $450,000 GT that only their buddies, including Jay Leno could afford? Henry Ford always prided the company on producing cars for the the common man and "regular guy." In California where I am, the targa roof is so sexy!
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
There are like 10 threads on this already.
Yep

my .02

I don't know. I like the C8 but not totally in love with the look. Yes performance wise it will be a monster. I was watching some official video's from Ford with the GT500. I think there will more C8's running around than you will see a GT500. The GT500 sounds mean in the video's and will be fast as hell. I don't race cars and probably wouldn't with a GT500 either so top end performance wouldn't really mean that much to me between both cars.

I had a C6 and it was a nice car but the thing i hated the most about it was the inability to recline the seat back when i was waiting for my GF at a store etc. With the C8 it will probably be the same. Although i rarely have rear seat passengers it's a bonus to me to have a rear seat with a decent size trunk for passengers/bigger items to put in the back seat vs what a Corvette will be able to do.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Alright, I think we have enough of these threads already.

Doesn't matter how good the C8 is if you can't fit in it. Not even something I would consider.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
You can say that again!
Zomg, Ford sucks because they don't have anything to match the almighty C8!

I'm waiting for the warranty / issues section personally.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Now that the cat is out of the bag and the C8 Corvette is going to start at about $58,900, curious to see how many are going to buy a Corvette instead. Given the value equation, for me, it's a no-brainer. I've been a Ford guy all my life (but have owned Chevrolet's in the past and they have been good). When I can go 0-60 in less than 3 seconds for about $65,000 (Z51 package), it's a pretty elementary decision. And yes, there will be Z06, ZR1 and "Zora" models with new DOHC power plants. What was Ford thinking about producing a $450,000 GT that only their buddies, including Jay Leno could afford? Henry Ford always prided the company on producing cars for the the common man and "regular guy." In California where I am, the targa roof is so sexy!
You have to remember the GT is more that just a fast car. It's automotive art. Few cars look as good or better than it does. I like the new c8 but it's not close in the looks department compared to the GT. Also the GT is an instant asset. You buy one and possibly tripple your money invested overnight. I have also read that Ford paid so much attention to detail on it that even underneath the car, mechanically the car is beautiful, basically if you can see it then it needs to look good. While yes it's pricy as hell, and most will never sit in one let alone own one it has a clear market and we are not it.

Also it is basically a race car stripped down for the road. The c8 is not. The GT was never designed for the masses, the Vette was

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Zomg, Ford sucks because they don't have anything to match the almighty C8!

I'm waiting for the warranty / issues section personally.
I bet the 1st year the c8 will be a warranty train wreck

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I bet the 1st year the c8 will be a warranty train wreck
I don't. Only thing that I would be a little concerned about is the dct. That is the wildcard for the car. If there are no major issues with that and no cooling issues with anything then I think it will be in the clear reliability wise.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There will be issues with the C8, but there are issues with every car.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)

Test drive and availability.
I have no problem owning a corvette again... but c8's looks have not grown on me. So I never was considering it, but for $60k it worth a test drive.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Looks and a manual transmission mean the most to me, my next car will either be a GT 350 or a C7. There's always going to be someone faster so buy what looks sexy and is the most fun to drive.