corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I really feel the transmission is going to allow the engine and suspension really come alive.
Care to explain those a little further?

The 9007's gear ratio spacings really aren't much different from those in conventional 6MTs. Mostly what you get is a bigger gear ratio spread from 1st to top, courtesy of having 7 gears instead of only 6.

I've got a quick-answer challenge for ya . . . one full month, driving your Huracan into and around town using manual shift mode only. Must drive it at least every other day/four days each week. Think you could do it?

Norm

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

The 9007's gear ratio spacings really aren't much different from those in conventional 6MTs. Mostly what you get is a bigger gear ratio spread from 1st to top, courtesy of having 7 gears instead of only 6.

I've got a quick-answer challenge for ya . . . one full month, driving your Huracan into and around town using manual shift mode only. Must drive it at least every other day/four days each week. Think you could do it?

Norm
holding boost through shifts. Crisp launches through electronic controls. Lightening fast shifts. Much more to it than just ratios.

My first lambo was a manual Gallardo.

As far as your challenge, that’s not hard to do.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

Norm

30k miles on my dct car, only dragstrip runs were in D mode

holding boost through shifts. Crisp launches through electronic controls. Lightening fast shifts. Much more to it than just ratios.

My first lambo was a manual Gallardo.

As far as your challenge, that’s not hard to do.
ive shown these guys data several times. it doesnt sink in

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Instead of just buying what best suits my needs, I'm going to just hang around here and tell you all how much better and cooler I am for wanting a manual. :sunglasses:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Well, the thread was originally posted for people to come in and say that they like manuals. I have no problem with others coming in and pooping on the thread, though.

Yes, I am manual or bust. I have two vehicles with automatic transmissions, and I really don't enjoy my time in them.

I'm not saying I'm cool. I'm just saying I'm manual or bust.

Sponsored

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Suggested counter challenge: same duration, he stays out of threads talking about a transmission the car won't have that he wasn't buying anyway ... :crackup:
He's more than welcome to buy a GT500, and swap in an inferior transmission to reduce the car's performance as well.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I just hope that Tremec and Ford have identified and cured all teething issues with the new DCT. Lord knows they've had plenty of time to play with it.

It'll kill me if the 2nd year car has a "much improved" unit in it after 1st year complaints.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Why are you holding onto the shifter between shifts? Maybe the 500 is for you. Who taught you to drive a manual?
It was all about getting the tachometer in the shot!:like: