Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Isn’t that the truth. I searched for 6 weeks to find an Ingot Silver car equipped the way I wanted it, to no avail. :(
At 16 weeks in waiting for mine I used Fords site and found a bunch in SoCal. I should have taken the 3K trip, but waited 2 more weeks for mine to be delivered.
IMG_2057.jpeg
Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I installed Diode Dynamics rear side marker LEDs over the weekend, to finish off the lighting I wanted to do on the exterior. So now, everywhere there is a tinted lens I also have a brighter LED bulb that more than compensates for any reduced output from a darker lens. I have an LED backup bulb, rear side marker units, as well as front sequential turn indicator units. Very happy with the light output of each.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Interesting, 1st I've seen this grille. Does it also have a electrically actuated shutters behind the grille?
No idea...easy way to find out? I'm happy to look or take pics.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
At 16 weeks in waiting for mine I used Fords site and found a bunch in SoCal. I should have taken the 3K trip, but waited 2 more weeks for mine to be delivered.
IMG_2057.jpeg
Isn’t that the truth. I searched for 6 weeks to find an Ingot Silver car equipped the way I wanted it, to no avail. :(
Here's mine all bundled up for the long nap 'til March/April. To quote the late Tom Petty..., the waiting is the hardest part.

Screenshot-20181125-173246-Gallery.jpg

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
1. I don't think you're deleting your grill. Deleting something else?

2. That looks great, please tell us what you did, and how you did it.

Then some of us will steal your idea for our cars.
I guess they are called grill deletes since the factory grill with the horse gets removed. I cut out the factory grill with a dremel and purchased the OEM style honeycomb grill found on ebay. Took me a few day to figure out a way to get the grill on without any visible signs that it was being held up with anything since the Goop used for the moldeable mesh grills wasn’t an option. I found some small sticky plastic brackets commonly used for cable stays. I put the sticky brackets around the inside of the grill and cut out the grill just enough to have some overlap on the back side and used small tie wraps to hold it into place. I’ll try and get a pic of the backside to show how it’s held up.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Oh, i don't think i've ever noticed it till now - are there NO fog lights on the 2018+ or are they built into the lower flat DRL bar thing?

Sponsored

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I can tell they are not optimal for hard launches on slicks but are very strong otherwise and claims of "handling" 800 hp on street tires is common.

I remembered reading it in a couple places but I can’t find it. If I’m wrong I apologize, I didn’t buy them thinking they were high HP axles, bought them as a slight upgrade over the factory ones.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Grill refreshment :)

after.jpg
Did you cut out each individual opening or grind down the back for the whole area until it broke thru?
Sponsored