Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
  • Banned
This is going to be the next mod but can't decide on which one. Obviously the 4 point is "better" but is it overkill for a car that won't ever see track duty?

Which one gives better ground clearance?

Can anyone with either of these post up their before / after impressions, and difficulty of install for either one.

@steeda, also your recommendation on this one?

Thanks!
Screenshot_20181118-105017_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I have the G-Trac K Brace. It wasn't all that hard to install, as long as the holes line up. My car is tight, and almost no body roll around turns. I don't think I can attribute all that to the K-Brace being that I have a bunch of other Steeda suspension goodies, but I know it had to help.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Obviously the 4 point is "better" but is it overkill for a car that won't ever see track duty?

Only reason to not do the 4 point from my understanding is to save the $50 difference or if it doesn't fit your car.

The 2 point will have slightly better clearance because the bottom of the 4 point picture in your post extends a bit lower.

I've been debating between the two, but right now I'm mostly planning on gears.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
My car is tight, and almost no body roll around turns. I don't think I can attribute all that to the K-Brace being that I have a bunch of other Steeda suspension goodies, but I know it had to help.
I don't think you should attribute any of that to the brace. Chassis braces don't affect the amount of roll that a car experiences in a turn. The amount of roll that happens comes from suspension roll resistances not being "infinite" and tires being flexible in every direction.

That said, added chassis bracing could alter your perception of how much roll is happening simply because it feels firmer.

In no way is this intended as a negative comment with respect to chassis braces in general or Steeda's in particular. Just a caution to avoid crediting chassis braces for the kind of improvement that they cannot make.

Norm.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I don't think you should attribute any of that to the brace. Chassis braces don't affect the amount of roll that a car experiences in a turn. The amount of roll that happens comes from suspension roll resistances not being "infinite" and tires being flexible in every direction.

That said, added chassis bracing could alter your perception of how much roll is happening simply because it feels firmer.

In no way is this intended as a negative comment with respect to chassis braces in general or Steeda's in particular. Just a caution to avoid crediting chassis braces for the kind of improvement that they cannot make.

Norm.
Not taken as a negative at all Norm, and I do realize your point. Perhaps I should've worded it differently or left out the body roll statement in reference to the brace. But yes, the firmer "feel" is definitely there. It's all good.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
This is going to be the next mod but can't decide on which one. Obviously the 4 point is "better" but is it overkill for a car that won't ever see track duty?

Can anyone with either of these post up their before / after impressions, and difficulty of install for either one.

Thanks!
Screenshot_20181118-105017_Chrome.jpg
I use the 2-point and love it. While I can’t say it turned my car into a larerally-traversing monster, I can say that it provided more input into the steering which was 110% worth the price.

I can safely assume the 4-point will only improve things further; I think the only drawbacks to the larger brace are price, install time (by a few minutes), and possible issues running longtube headers.

OP
OP
Dr. Norts

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
  • Banned
So I went with the 2 point brace. It was like 65$ with Steeda's black Friday sales. I already have the upper cowl/firewall/strut brace so this should be the lower layer of the cake lol.

I went with this one because of ease of install, ground clearance and of course the price.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
So I went with the 2 point brace. It was like 65$ with Steeda's black Friday sales. I already have the upper cowl/firewall/strut brace so this should be the lower layer of the cake lol.

I went with this one because of ease of install, ground clearance and of course the price.
Make sure to come back and share your feedback! I'm still back and forth, at $65 it is almost in the "why not?" category but $130 for the Extreme is not quite low enough for that, but still tempting because just get it done right and once.If it was just a little bit lower I'd have ordered it already!

OP
OP
Dr. Norts

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I think the 2 point is more than enough for street duty. The front end of my car feels solid already, so I didn't buy it to remedy any noticable issues.

Just one of those why not for that price items on my list. Plus any reviews I've read of it were positive with notable improvements.

Also anyone install theirs while on ramps?

Sponsored

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I have a vert, so anything that stiffens the chassis is a positive. I installed the 2 point version as I will not be tracking it. Ground clearance is not a problem.

Thanks

CVCashmere

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Also anyone install theirs while on ramps?
I installed mine on a chassis lift, but using ramps should have no issues. In fact, it may even be better to use ramps as you can lay on the ground when chipping away at the slag bits (my arms almost hit muscle failure lol).

Nice buy bud, you'll enjoy it for sure.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Always good when the deals are taken advantage of - let us know how it goes & have a Happy Thanksgiving!

TJ

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
I installed the 2 point brace today using jack stands. The driver's side was difficult to put in the sleeve due to hard to remove slag on the inside of the mounting hole but I got it in with a little extra grinding with a file. Front end feels tighter but I'll make that evaluation when I take it out on my favorite testing road. My car more than likely won't see any track time, although I'd like to simply for the experience of driving it closer to its maximum capability than I ever could on the street.
Sponsored