X or H pipe???

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Like others have said, H is deeper...but X is raspy and louder. I put the Steeda H on mine and it's awesome! Still think there's some rasp in it at high RPMs, but that's just the engine design of the modern 5.0.
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
If the comments was the x pipe makes a bit more hp then yes thatā€™s a fact but the comment was ā€œthe x pipe makes much more power than the Hā€
There is always a 2 part truth with any upgrade, reality and fantasy, this upgrade it is sound/ hp.

Going out on a limb, I know, don't mind and up to it. But this "deep rumble & H pipe" is pure fantasy.

Don't like "raspy" 2 choices buy another car, replace the motor.............period, raspy is angry & I like angry.

Cux211

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
22 f250 6.7 platinum tremor
There is always a 2 part truth with any upgrade, reality and fantasy, this upgrade it is sound/ hp.

Going out on a limb, I know, don't mind and up to it. But this "deep rumble & H pipe" is pure fantasy.

Don't like "raspy" 2 choices buy another car, replace the motor.............period, raspy is angry & I like angry.
Lol yeah I donā€™t know man Iā€™m still torn which route to go, my hearing sucks so from what I can tell from clips is the H seems to have a bit deeper tone to it and not quite as raspy but bottom line is the 5.0 engine itself is raspy. Originally I was thinkin H pipe because I was reading that they make a little better torque and X made a little better hp on the big end and imo these 5.0ā€™s need a lot of help on the torque side but not really seeing data to support that hell in steedas clip it showed the X a bit higher in tq and hp what Iā€™d really like to see is I direct comparison like that with the corsa double H and double X but everything else stock

Jetset335

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
My 2015 GT, The H-pipe was recalled due to cross pipe hole being too small. So I went with an X-pipe.

Sponsored

Cux211

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Borla switchfire

IMG_4671.png
Thatā€™s what Iā€™d really like to use but nobody has given me a straight answer yet on what I need to make it work on a mach1

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack

Cux211

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I presume you've contacted Borla? I know the switchfire is included with their GT500 version of the ATAK cat back https://www.borla.com/products/ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-cat-back-exhaust-system-140837 and then they make this to fit it on a Mach 1 https://www.borla.com/products/ford-mustang-mach-1-connecting-pipe-60722.
Yes I did contact them and all they said was basically Iā€™d have to figure out all what adapters Iā€™d need because all I want is the resonator delete pipe donā€™t wanna spend 3 grand on a cat back, the way that link reads to me is that adapter is to mate up their cat back to stock cats. So basically I need adapters for the front and the rear of the switch fire pipe to mate to the stock set up and I have no idea what sizes I need

Last edited:

Joshinator99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2017 Camaro 2SS

Sponsored

Reaper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP
I run the Steeda Hpipe on my '22 GT with active exhaust. It definitely wakes up the car, I dig it. Cold starts are hilarious lol..

Can't wait to install my longtubes..

Bman5150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang GT Premium (carbonized gray)

Reaper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP
I don't have any videos bud, sorry!

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Yes I did contact them and all they said was basically Iā€™d have to figure out all what adapters Iā€™d need because all I want is the resonator delete pipe donā€™t wanna spend 3 grand on a cat back, the way that link reads to me is that adapter is to mate up their cat back to stock cats. So basically I need adapters for the front and the rear of the switch fire pipe to mate to the stock set up and I have no idea what sizes I need
But the adapters are for use with the GT500 cat back which includes the switchfire x pipe so those should do it I would think. Maybe you'd need two sets of those adapters, one on each end? Either that or take it to an exhaust shop.
Sponsored