Sponsored

Wives & 'Stangs

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
My wifey doesn't care one way or the other.
To her, it's just a car.

Only thing she has said; "my Grandson is NEVER driving that car!!!!!!!!!"

MetalCord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My wife of 15 years showed up at my house on a test drive to "make sure it fit in the garage". I imagine she tested the passing power on the highway because the salesman looked like he was trying desperately not to shit his pants. It had every option I wanted except the color. She said she liked that one and so we bought it. I've known for a long time that she's a keeper but I never thought I'd be lucky enough to be reminded so often. ...and she could drive stick before we even met. I'm pretty sure she could drive stick by the time she was 8 and driving her Dad's truck around the farm in Montana.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
When I decided I couldn't live without a Mustang, I told her she had to go if it was going to be an issue. Needless to say, she's gone and I've got an '18 with a Whipple and couldn't be happier.
Amen, Brother. Amen!

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
My Wife is into cars as much as I am. Date nights before we got married normally started by modifying my Subaru at the time or going to a meet. Heck our very first "Date" was installing coil overs and dropping the subframe to install bushings lol. Going on 8 years together now

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I pulled out of stupid traffic yesterday with my right foot and it shredded my wife's nerves...maybe she needs a chill pill before riding with me, or is it me?

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Yeah, she said I don't know what they are going to do...my reply was it didn't matter because I just danced around them before they knew what was going on. Then I laughed with exaggerated vigor, lol

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I pulled out of stupid traffic yesterday with my right foot and it shredded my wife's nerves...maybe she needs a chill pill before riding with me, or is it me?
Ask your wife. I'm sure she'll give you an objective answer. :cwl:

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
My Wife is into cars as much as I am. Date nights before we got married normally started by modifying my Subaru at the time or going to a meet. Heck our very first "Date" was installing coil overs and dropping the subframe to install bushings lol. Going on 8 years together now
Hey, you sure know how to show a gal a good time.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Can we add a poll to this thread? From the responses we should have the following choices:

A. I divorced my wife to keep my Mustang

B. My wife barely tolerates the car, and thinks I'm a man-child for enjoying it.

C. My wife doesn't have blood, instead tiny horses run through her veins.

My wife fits option 'C'
On that scale, my wife is close to a 'C' without quite being there. Absolutely a keeper (over 50 years to date, counting the years we were only dating).

Norm

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
My wife is a little disappointed that I don't let her drive the Mustang much. She was taught right, her Dad made her learn manual from the get go. But... she's out of practice, from daily driving an auto. The last time I let her drive my car we were about to come back from the Dairy Queen. I said, "Why don't you drive home?" She jumped at the chance, and hilarity ensued. You know how touchy the clutch is on these things (and I even have the Steeda pedal spring). She had it bucking like a horse, we were laughing, and I was so glad when we pulled in the driveway. Guess I have to let her drive it more. We have manual Honda she drives from time to time but that's a different world. Anyone could shift that car like a champ.
+1 on the touchy clutch. I have had mine since August and have the Steeda spring and I still am not totally used to it. I wish there was a way to make the release point closer to the floor and stiffen the pedal up.

My gf doesn't know how to drive manual but I'm going to teach her in her friends V6 Mustang first before I let her drive this one.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Hard B for me. Woman I've been with none approved of any toys or share the same passion. One I'm with now travels the world while I rip thru gears. That's our meeting ground.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
My wife would get the C. Here first car. Was a bright red 1973 trans am 455 super duty.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
My wife would get the C. Here first car. Was a bright red 1973 trans am 455 super duty.
That is one of my bucket list cars. I was actually day dreaming of a Brewster Green with Saddle interior '73 SD just this morning! My 3 older brothers each owned '71 455 H.O. Trans Ams when I was a kid and my first Trans Am was a '78. That's the car I was driving when I met my wife. She wasn't very car aware at that point, but she's come a long way since.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase