Sponsored

Wives & 'Stangs

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I am going on 15 years working from home and my wife commutes to work so our vehicles are used by my wife. We have a CUV for towing the jetboat, and my wife uses the Mustang to commute to work most of the year. She doesn't drive a stick so all our cars are auto. The last car I purchased for myself was a 2000 Audi manual. View attachment 332694
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Wow I feel sorry for all you guys that have wives that aren’t happy with your purchase.

FWIW, my wife TOLD me to buy the car. The kids where all grown and I was debating on trading in the family SUV for something cool. I test drove a few cars and was blown away with the Black 5.0 I drove but I didn’t think we should spend all that money. I had Muscle cars back in the day and she remembers that. Our 1st date in 1984 was in my 1970 Corvette. She knows I really wanted one for years. One day she said to me life is short and just go do it and get the one you want and don’t compromise so ... that’s what I did. No regrets.

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've had a bunch of Mustangs always with standard transmissions. The last was an 09 GT500 and the wife hated driving it. Now I have my first automatic Mustang and the wife still hates driving it. The excuse now is that it's too loud.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
During the engagement period with my wife she gave one law that I have always followed. "You can have as many cars as you want but only ONE woman". Works great for me
In 2004 I took her to the Ford dealership to show her a SVT coupe I wanted, she looked at it, and calmly said why don't you get the convertible? So ...

The_Mad_Patcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My wife and I missed my 67 Mustang GT with a 428 SCJ with dual Quads and her 67 427/435 Vette that we sold a few years ago. I hardly took them out of the garage except for a quick run around the neighborhood to stretch their legs because I was afraid they would get damaged. They attracted too much attention and became too collectible to use for fun. I'm not really a car show person. I always enjoyed driving rather than sitting with my hood open and showing. Her daily is a 2001 GT she bought new, while mine is a 2003 Marauder. Both nice, but not the same fun level of our old school muscle. She knew I missed my old friend. She told me that I should get myself another Mustang if I wanted and I better not feel guilty about it. She came with me to look at the 2018 GT A10. I bought one. She drove it. She loved it. She drove it with the Whipple stage 1 and loved it more. She likes it even more after the stage 2 upgrade. If I get to the 1/4 mile she will most likely take a run or 2 herself. It is my car and I use it most of the time, but I like that she can enjoy it too. This is a car that out performs our old ones in every way and can actually be used and enjoyed. Absolutely no regrets having the 2018 instead of the 1967's. Great in their day for sure but my new baby is just better.

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
During the engagement period with my wife she gave one law that I have always followed. "You can have as many cars as you want but only ONE woman". Works great for me.
Yeah, I tried it the other way around when I was younger. That’s why I can’t afford many cars these days.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I bought mine as a surprise for my wife. She loves it, drives it only if there isn't a chance if rain, lets me mod it how i want and she lets me borrow it on the weekend. So its a win win
Wow, that's my situation exactly. Bought the Wife her first GT in 2010 for a wedding anniversary (she has an '18 GT now). And, I get to play with it anytime I want. The car, not the wife......:crackup:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Here's a video of my wife racing a 700+hp S197 Mustang in our S550. I've given here the nick name. The fastest woman at Atco. She went 10.4@136 0n this run.
A little (maybe a lot) off-topic, but did your wife ever work at Stone & Webster?

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
So, what does your significant other think about your pony car
My wife actually encouraged me to get my '08 - we'd been married something like 37 years at the time.

She's driven it a couple of times, but prefers not to. And I'm absolutely certain that she could drive yours as well - she started 'driving stick' back in the early 1970's, and with only rare exception (rentals or her sister's cars) has done so ever since (see sig ↓↓↓).

Norm

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, I tried it the other way around when I was younger. That’s why I can’t afford many cars these days.
Made me laugh

Sponsored

1004ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 , 2017 Ford Edge Sport
We sold my wife's Mini Cooper and bought the Mustang for here - she loves it.

Shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang GT
upload_2019-1-12_18-12-52.jpeg

Her and I racing
upload_2019-1-12_18-13-7.jpeg

We’ve had in the past 14 years 9 Mustangs and 3 Lightnings. Her red Lightning ran a best 12.4@112. She’s a total car girl and knows more about cars than most of my friends.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Jeez, this is depressing listening to people talking about having to get their wives' permission, etc. I asked mine her opinion because it's going to be our weekend go-for-a-ride car, but only because I wanted her to enjoy herself when we're out together. If I wanted it and didn't care about her coming along, I'd have just bought it (actually, I may well have bought a Miata). Hell, it's my car, so she'd expect me to.

Same with hers - she's got a standing "When you want a new one, tell me what you want and we'll get it" condition on her car. Do I like her current Outback (and, likely, the next Outback she wants)? Hell no. Never could get comfortable in the seats in the damn thing. Strikes me as overpriced and underperforming. Would I like her to test drive more things? Sure, but she doesn't want to. But, it's her car, so she can drive what she wants.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
No name. She drives it a lot. Around home, about as often as me. But since at least 15k of its 25k miles are from four road trips that I made alone, my total percent is higher.

She hates automatics even more than me. Very low tolerance. Took a lot of convincing for the last auto we bought in '91 but I was not going to replace the trans in a brand new Syclone. So she hardly drove it.
Sponsored