Sponsored

Wives & 'Stangs

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I got rid of my wife in preparation for getting my new Mustang. She complained enough about the one that I had when we first got married, so I sold it for a "more acceptable" vehicle. When I decided I couldn't live without a Mustang, I told her she had to go if it was going to be an issue. Needless to say, she's gone and I've got an '18 with a Whipple and couldn't be happier.
Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
My g/f of 6.5 yrs just chuckles and rolls here eyes asking "how many deliveries for the Mustang are coming this week?". She's been a champ about it though and that is one reason why I took the money I had earmarked for FI and got her an engagement ring instead. But in case that attitude changes the FI will happen BEFORE getting married. She enjoys riding in it and has no desire to drive it.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
My wife loves the car and how it rides.

Hates the loud exhaust...thus quiet mode when she is in it. :thumbsup:

Cold startup even in quiet mode is still fairly loud...even louder with the H pipe.

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I feel so.. almost sad that some of us have to go it alone pretty much! Like no support from the wife on a vehicle you want. I almost feel lucky I have a supporting wife in this, she's even offered to get some paint protection film for the front for me for my birthday. (which may be around the time I get it? lol)

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Personally, I have the greatest wife ever. Third for both of us. We dated, split up for 20 years. I loved her that whole time and never told her. Same for her.

She doesn't dictate to me, give me the stink-eye, or try to impede the things I enjoy. That's probably why I'm totally devoted to her.

She likes riding in the Mustang... only problem is that she was in 3 separate, fairly serious wrecks in 3 different Mustangs in her youth (not driving, just a passenger) so she's got a psychological barrier to get over. She doesn't want to drive it, and doesn't mind if I just need to "take 'er for a spin" for an hour or 2.

"Best wife EVAH!"

Sponsored

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
My girlfriend doesn’t quite understand the whole car thing yet but she’s catching on. I've taken her to Cars and Coffee several times and she's amazed at the whole car scene. As for the Mustang? I just have to warn her before I rip on it so she can brace herself.

I only have the h-pipe on there with stock mufflers so it is loud but not obnoxious...but to her it is loud. So she's in for a nice surprise once I get the Borla's on there lol

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Can we add a poll to this thread? From the responses we should have the following choices:

A. I divorced my wife to keep my Mustang

B. My wife barely tolerates the car, and thinks I'm a man-child for enjoying it.

C. My wife doesn't have blood, instead tiny horses run through her veins.

My wife fits option 'C'
I second this poll request. :thumbsup:

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
My wife is a little disappointed that I don't let her drive the Mustang much. She was taught right, her Dad made her learn manual from the get go. But... she's out of practice, from daily driving an auto. The last time I let her drive my car we were about to come back from the Dairy Queen. I said, "Why don't you drive home?" She jumped at the chance, and hilarity ensued. You know how touchy the clutch is on these things (and I even have the Steeda pedal spring). She had it bucking like a horse, we were laughing, and I was so glad when we pulled in the driveway. Guess I have to let her drive it more. We have manual Honda she drives from time to time but that's a different world. Anyone could shift that car like a champ.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Can we add a poll to this thread? From the responses we should have the following choices:

A. I divorced my wife to keep my Mustang

B. My wife barely tolerates the car, and thinks I'm a man-child for enjoying it.

C. My wife doesn't have blood, instead tiny horses run through her veins.

My wife fits option 'C'
D. My wife doesn't have a clue how much money I have invested in my Mustang or the blood would be boiling in her veins.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
B+: My wife doesn't get it but she's good with it.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
B+ here as well. She has her hobbies (quilting) and i have mine. We both try and enjoy each others interests.

samanosuke47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
My wife is a little disappointed that I don't let her drive the Mustang much. She was taught right, her Dad made her learn manual from the get go. But... she's out of practice, from daily driving an auto. The last time I let her drive my car we were about to come back from the Dairy Queen. I said, "Why don't you drive home?" She jumped at the chance, and hilarity ensued. You know how touchy the clutch is on these things (and I even have the Steeda pedal spring). She had it bucking like a horse, we were laughing, and I was so glad when we pulled in the driveway. Guess I have to let her drive it more. We have manual Honda she drives from time to time but that's a different world. Anyone could shift that car like a champ.
I'm coming from a Hyundai Tiburon, and I learned primarily on parents Toyota Echo and Pontiac Vibe, eventually he had me drive is 89 Dodge Dakota during my teens. Sister had a slightly different selection, but hers were that Echo and a Honda Fit. So I guess we're a stick family. (hah) When I got this Tiburon it was actually quite hard for me to get smooth with it. It's not a stock clutch, I've long forgotten what stage it is. I'm not the original owner as a note. I just liked the car and wanted it.

That said, when I was doing test drives a few weeks ago before placing my order, I was able to be pretty smooth. There was definitely some roughness, but honestly I was pretty happy with my ability to drive it. It is definitely a clutch to get used to though. But it did feel somewhat familiar to a friends 05 GT that spawned my love for this car...

-Anyway- I may look into this Steeda pedal spring you mentioned.... Maybe It'll help my wife out when I start getting back on her to drive stick. Which is coming up cause I'd much rather her put those stalls on this old Tiburon than a new Mustang. And I'd love for her to be able to 'occasionally' drive my car.