Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
I ran across this today.

At Hemborg Ford, Norco, CA.

An R model with electronics package that does not have a rear wing?

I assumed it was a used car that is missing a wing, turns out it is the owner’s car and it arrived that way from Ford.

He claims it was a “wing delete”. That doesn’t exist, and he wasn’t too happy to hear that the R-Electronics Package didn’t add or delete the wing. He stormed off shortly after, ending our discussion.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? May be worth something to someone as it’s like a double sided penny, but in my opinion, and R-model without the 300 pounds of downforce that the wing delivers is a car that cannot be driven at the limit at the track—and for me that’s why I bought a track car.

I will note that the window sticker does not state any rear wing deletion, which would be expected of it was a special order option.

On the window sticker, the wing is stated as standard equipment, and the car is not a base R-model as it is equipped with the R-Electronics package that was a $3000 option until it became standard in the second half of 2018. Also something to look at is the price of the car is the exact same as a regular R-model in 2016 with an R-Electonics package, so it isn’t cheaper but it’s missing a $24k part when the car was sold new. Some money off would have been nice if that was a deliberate decision. I’m starting to think that someone at the factory was having a REALLY big hangover and left out a gigantic part.

any thoughts? And do you think this is something that is rare (valuable), or is it just a car that was shipped missing an integral part?

9ADE5C24-F645-41FC-89A3-00E05831D35A.jpeg

34850EE0-C175-4E85-B6AA-68A10F37CC06.jpeg

9772D6AA-EC1D-43A3-AA75-FA9376C1DDD0.jpeg

C9813771-DBD2-451E-A5FC-959CE9C520FF.jpeg
Sponsored

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I swear there was a post about another wingless R on this forum a while back. Supposedly the R wing is installed somewhere other than the initial assembly plant, as are the wheels.

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
Stealthy without
Wing
Wheels

And

Oh Yeah, glorious exhaust note.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I swear there was a post about another wingless R on this forum a while back. Supposedly the R wing is installed somewhere other than the initial assembly plant, as are the wheels.
I'm with you... I remember reading the post and seeing the photo(s). They were also talking about the fact that there were no holes in the trunk to attach the wing.
I searched and was not successful... didn't spend that much time though.

Sponsored

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
I'm with you... I remember reading the post and seeing the photo(s). They were also talking about the fact that there were no holes in the trunk to attach the wing.
I searched and was not successful... didn't spend that much time though.
Yup I remember it also. Came to the dealership with no wing attached or holes in the lid. It's interesting that's for sure.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Well, at the bottom of the window sticker, it does say "Special Order".
Here is another R model that was a also Special Order vehicle and as you can see the CF rear wing, CF wheels and rear seat delete were all missing at the time as it had not reached the famous Mod Shop quite yet for final modifications.

The only final difference between this 2018 Base R and 2016 Electronics Package R is that the Mod Shop fully completed the installation of the rear seat delete, CF wheels and CF wing on the SB car but did not complete the installation of the CF wing on the AG R prior to shipping on rail for the West Coast.

As @Wildcardfox mentioned earlier someone at the Mod Shop had a bad day and unfortunately this was not the first time nor last time that the Mod Shop went down this same road. :facepalm:

JR157 - 10 (2).jpg

JR157 - Window Sticker.jpg

OP
OP
Wildcardfox

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
It’s a weird one. If he paid for the wing, and he didn’t get it, then get got screwed. Whether he installed it or not, there should be a big carbon fiber wing in a wooden crate.

OP
OP
Wildcardfox

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Here is another R model that was a also Special Order vehicle and as you can see the CF rear wing, CF wheels and rear seat delete were all missing at the time as it had not reached the famous Mod Shop quite yet for final modifications.

The only final difference between this 2018 Base R and 2016 Electronics Package R is that the Mod Shop fully completed the installation of the rear seat delete, CF wheels and CF wing on the SB car but did not complete the installation of the CF wing on the AG R prior to shipping on rail for the West Coast.

As @Wildcardfox mentioned earlier someone at the Mod Shop had a bad day and unfortunately this was not the first time nor last time that the Mod Shop went down this same road. :facepalm:

JR157 - 10 (2).jpg

JR157 - Window Sticker.jpg

I think it’s amazing that no one caught it. I would not think that Ford would need pictures on people’s desks saying: “Does the finished GT350R resemble either picture?”

1634867599463.jpeg

GOOD 👍🏾

1634867729671.jpeg

BAD 👎🏾

———

Missing a little part is understandable, not good but understandable. Missing a gigantic part is … I can’t defend it—it is crazy that this has happened on now at least 3 occasions.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
When I bought my no stripe 19' off the lot I didn't like the look of the new "swing", so I found a factory white spoiler delete trunk lid and replaced the original.....while I contemplated an earlier version spoiler. Turns out I liked the cleaner look so I kept it that way....when people ask where's the rear spoiler, I say it's a spoiler delete. If I ever did do a track day I'd put the original back. Personally I like the R with stripes and no spoiler.

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
Couple of years ago, there was a dealer near me that had a 2019 Ruby Red with no wing. Sat there for a looong time, well into 2020.

As for the owner of this 2016, poor guy but unfortunately he didn't know much about the car he bought.
Sponsored