Sponsored

Whipple install easier than Procharger?

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
6 in one hand, Half Dozen in the other. Whipple people say Whipple things.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Have you ever heard that? From what I’ve read it’s a 10-12 hr job for Whipple and 5-6 hours for Procharger. I had a shop tell me they install Whipple quicker?. Thoughts? This for a 2020 Gt 10 speed.
That’s what I thought too, I’ll let y’all know what they say and reasons why, when they reply.
Hello, let me help answer the question above. The vendor is Steeda - when the question was posed, I asked our lead mechanic (who has installed many Whipple Super Chargers on the Steve McQueen Edition Mustangs among other cars) - said the following " The Whipple install will be the least expensive. I do these on a daily basis and can do it quicker with fewer issues. "

It may be several days before Matt can provide a quote.

Thank you,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Procharger may be faster to install on the front end but you will invest plenty of time chasing down false knock.

Dom1232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I went with a Paxton and did OPG at the same time. OPG took the longest 1-2 days partly because my gear puller broke and I was waiting on another one. After it was all back together Paxton install only took me 5-6 hours at most. I know they’re pretty similar installs. And I’ve had NO false knock during the tuning process

Brandon91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Procharger may be faster to install on the front end but you will invest plenty of time chasing down false knock.
I just finished installing mine and so far I have 0 knock. 🤔

Install took about 10 hours with a friend.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I don't see how the Procharger itself can create false knock.

If something is touching metal to metal, this could cause false knock and could be any number of things.

My Procharger has been dead nuts trouble-free to date and makes great power.

lucasmelobr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Auto
I have a Procharger, I read both manuals around 5 times, the Procharger is much simpler and others in the Forum agree. When it comes to time, IF YOU were doing it yourself I think the Prochager would be much simpler and would take less time. It's not 5-6 hours, with 2 people it took us 2 days with a few breaks(we are both engineers and have tools).

With that said, you are asking how long it would take an expert that has probably installed many Whipples before, for him/her the Whipple might be much simpler, you can't compare installs when someone has much more experience with one platform vs. the other.

FYI - I do believe I have false knock but I don't have data to blame the Procharger either.
I just run it and I'm very happy with it.

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The procharger you need to change the thermostat housing, not hard but your going to loose some coolant. Procharger is not a 5 hour job I can tell you that, maybe if 2 people are working on it it is
I can do a procharger install in 5-6 hours alone

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Impossible to do in 5 hours.

Unless you have an experienced crew, done a few, have a good 2 post lift, and everything goes without a hitch.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Have you ever heard that? From what I’ve read it’s a 10-12 hr job for Whipple and 5-6 hours for Procharger. I had a shop tell me they install Whipple quicker?. Thoughts? This for a 2020 Gt 10 speed.
Depends on the experience level of the mechanic. I've had customers who are not master mechanics other than a few oil changes and spark plug changes install Whipples and OPGs. They called me to let me know that it was not a terrible install and are glad they installed it over a shop hosing them. We are Whipple's largest dealer here at www.lethalperformance.com. Please feel free to give us a call asked to speak to one of our techs and we can get you pricing and answer any questions you have. We are here to help.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have personally installed a whipple and edelbrock blowers. I have only seen videos of the procharger install but I would have to imagine the Procharger to be a much simpler process than the whipple was.
Sponsored