Sponsored

Whipple vs Procharger

Help me decide on a supercharger for a daily driver. (100 Miles's day)

• Daily driven Whipple

Votes: 57 44.5%
  • Daily driven Procharger

Votes: 71 55.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
If I go procharger I want to go with the p1x. Anything over that seems like overkill for what I want and the p1x will have room to grow as well.

I saw you waited to do opgs on your build, did you have suspension mods to start or did you add them after boost.

Thats part of my pros/cons for both to me, what supporting mods are truly needed for each setup.
Cradle lockout, vertical link and Eibach prokit springs were one of my first mods along tune. I didn’t change suspension after that all the way til 9.65 ET. Only thing I recently added were bmr camber arms because they were free, which allowed me to go from about -.5 degree of camber to +.4 in the rear. That’s it, no alignment kits, bushings, no struts/shocks.
Sponsored

Tsloop8324

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 10speed
Cradle lockout, vertical link and Eibach prokit springs were one of my first mods along tune. I didn’t change suspension after that all the way til 9.65 ET. Only thing I recently added were bmr camber arms because they were free, which allowed me to go from about -.5 degree of camber to +.4 in the rear. That’s it, no alignment kits, bushings, no struts/shocks.
That's awesome, I have seen a lot of ppl say that the complete stop the hop kits arent really needed. I had planned to go with the level 2 cradle lockout and vertical links but wasnt sure if that would be enough.

I also plan to keep my PP1 wheels, I actually really like them lol. The mp4s do really well for all around driving so I had planned to just keep replacing those.

What about half shafts? The 350 ones are much cheaper but it seems everyone immediately goes to the DSS ones.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
That's awesome, I have seen a lot of ppl say that the complete stop the hop kits arent really needed. I had planned to go with the level 2 cradle lockout and vertical links but wasnt sure if that would be enough.

I also plan to keep my PP1 wheels, I actually really like them lol. The mp4s do really well for all around driving so I had planned to just keep replacing those.

What about half shafts? The 350 ones are much cheaper but it seems everyone immediately goes to the DSS ones.
Im still on stock halfshafts that came with car. I have 2 other stock pairs in the garage I picked up local for chump change.

5ohcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Car sounds awesome. I was looking into doing the fans as well... do they not do a very good job at keeping the heat down when in traffic or a long stop light?
Honestly not really, either oversized or killer chiller is the best option IMO

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
My 2019 is on jack stands in the garage right now and the Whipple Gen 5 Stage II and TSS oil pump, timing chain gears installation is going to start in the morning. I went Whipple Gen 5 Stage II kit, but I'm going to use a 4.0" pulley, rather than a 3.875" pulley. I'm going that route hopefully a balance of power and longevity. I'm also going to run 6 oz of Boostane to 10 gallons of 91 octane to hopefully keep the detonation gremlins at bay.

104704082_2524221391224034_5420231264837668658_n.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Tsloop8324

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Im still on stock halfshafts that came with car. I have 2 other stock pairs in the garage I picked up local for chump change.
That's a smart move. I guess with the procharger the torque is much easier on the car and you dont need it.

Tsloop8324

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honestly not really, either oversized or killer chiller is the best option IMO
Gotcha, thanks for the tip. The longest my car ever sits without moving anyway is after a remote start lol.

Tsloop8324

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
My 2019 is on jack stands in the garage right now and the Whipple Gen 5 Stage II and TSS oil pump, timing chain gears installation is going to start in the morning. I went Whipple Gen 5 Stage II kit, but I'm going to use a 4.0" pulley, rather than a 3.875" pulley. I'm going that route hopefully a balance of power and longevity. I'm also going to run 6 oz of Boostane to 10 gallons of 91 octane to hopefully keep the detonation gremlins at bay.

104704082_2524221391224034_5420231264837668658_n.jpg
Good luck! I've debated on whether I want a chance it or do it. It seems like a pretty straight forward job just looks like it takes the whipple from a 10 hour job to 18 hour job lol.

Did you always want to go whipple or did something sway you in their direction opposed to other systems?

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Good luck! I've debated on whether I want a chance it or do it. It seems like a pretty straight forward job just looks like it takes the whipple from a 10 hour job to 18 hour job lol.

Did you always want to go whipple or did something sway you in their direction opposed to other systems?

I looked at the Roush/Ford Performance systems as well as the Edelbrock units. I went with the Whipple because of the larger intercooler and it's potential for more HP if I ever wanted to go hog wild. I'm sticking with the canned tune and it seems as though their tune is pretty good in terms of driveability.

Tsloop8324

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
I looked at the Roush/Ford Performance systems as well as the Edelbrock units. I went with the Whipple because of the larger intercooler and it's potential for more HP if I ever wanted to go hog wild. I'm sticking with the canned tune and it seems as though their tune is pretty good in terms of driveability.
It seems everyone almost immediately drops the canned tunes for all the different setups but you see a lot of people still running the whipple tune and the fact they work with ford on the tuning makes it more appealing to me.

I looked into those setups as well, all boosted applications would get me where I want but installation has been a big factor for me. I enjoy turning wrenches and want to do it myself. Roush and edlebrock involve grinding or drilling into the block and vortech/paxton require you cut up a lot of the factory hoses and relocate several things.

That's why I keep coming back to procharger/whipple. They have the best installs, cost relatively the same. I keep struggling with the fact that you see a lot of people leave the centris for PD and you rarely see it the other way around. I get they make more power and have good dragstrip numbers and are better at staying cool.

I have a pretty good relationship with my local ford dealer and they had an 800 hp procharger car they just sold I never drove it but they also have a stage 3 roush there now. I guess I should test drive it to help my decision.