Sponsored

Which drop springs with blower setup?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What are you trying to achieve? The fact that you referenced “drop” seems to indicate that you’re concerned about the impact of the added weight on ride height specifically. Is that correct?
Sponsored

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had the sp083 springs on my last car and loved them but it was N/A. I wasn't sure if it was too stiff a spring for the front since I am looking for strait line traction a bit more now that I am boosted. All the the "drag" spring combos have much softer front springs so I just assumed.
Yes, it really depends what you are after. Comfortable daily driver, progressive spring, straight line acceleration, drag spring. I wanted a good all around car, so for me the compromise was the SP083.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
For our S.C. equipped Steve McQueen Edition Mustangs, we utilized the Steeda Dual Rate Springs - which we have been very happy with.

Also, If you plan on keeping the stock shocks and struts, you can go with our Steeda Sport Progressive Springs or our Minimum Drop springs.

The Sport Progressives will have a great ride and lowers front 1.125" and rear 1. When you add a supercharger, the front will drop about another ¼ inch. Minimum Drop springs ride very good too and will lower the car about ½ an inch all the way around. And like the Progressive springs, adding a supercharger will drop the front about another ¼ inch. Be sure and install our Steeda Camber Plates when you order the springs.

Let me know if I can put you in contact with one of our build experts to assist with your build!

TJ

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
How much of a drop would the dual rate springs be?

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
bmr fi drag springs are fire
rwerwer.png

OP
OP

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
Personally I am most concerned with ride comfort being priority, then would be aesthetics along with better handling. The car will be mainly see regular street driving as I don’t plan to track the car.

OP
OP

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
The main thing I was worried about it’s the additional weight with a blower lowering the car even more than advertised on any drop springs. From what I have seen the additional weight lowers the car about 1/4” more than advertised on any spring so I will take that into consideration on the lowering amount.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
That's about what I noticed on mine. Interestingly not all vehicles have the exact same ride height, stock, even with same suspension... Maybe the Premium adds just enough weight to make a difference.

The main thing I was worried about it’s the additional weight with a blower lowering the car even more than advertised on any drop springs. From what I have seen the additional weight lowers the car about 1/4” more than advertised on any spring so I will take that into consideration on the lowering amount.

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
Steeda drag springs using factory PP1 struts and shocks with Procharger weight up front. Was somewhat concerned it may be a bit low in front but its not the case. The stance/rake in my opinion looks just right and the ride and handling are perfect for my needs. Front doesn't scrape driveway aprons or parking lot speed bumps at all.

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
What about mixing rear drags with stiffer than drag fronts?
Sponsored