Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Anyone know what it would take to run E85 on my 18 with a Roush Blower? I assume a fuel system but will I need to upgrade the injectors?

Anyone have suggestions for the fuel system? I looked at Fore and Sai Li but I am confused as to what I will need. The Fore system has options for the Whipple system but I don't see anything for the Roush.

What about injectors?
Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
If no one on here has the answer you need, you could contact a tuner like PBD and ask them. I have gotten very good info from Lund when I ask them what I need for specific goals. I don't think Lund will tune the Roush but there are tuners who will.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I am quite certain you would need injectors. Lund wants me to run at least DW95s for a 93 octane tune on an Edelbrock.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Here's a great video of the Roush TVS 2650 on E85.
Pretty impressive.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Interesting video but I wonder how one could make use of that level of power on the street. While E85 runs a bit cooler than E10, it seems to me that heatsoak would still be an issue at the strip. It should be impressive for a one and done run in cool air, though.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
While E85 runs a bit cooler than E10, it seems to me that heatsoak would still be an issue at the strip. It should be impressive for a one and done run in cool air, though.
Yeah, the only ways to bypass the heat soak for track use,...........ice tank, larger heat exchanger with the E85 or Killer Chiller. Or buy another unit.
I'm going to call it now that the Phase 2 tune isn't really going to make it much better, even with that new LTR that Roush is supplying with the Phase 2 kit. So we agree on that the heatsoak isn't going to be much better on the Phase 2.
(This isn't knock on Roush or those that own the Roushchargers. I'm on my second Roush Mustang and I loved the previous one like I do this one.)

bpoutsider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Interesting video but I wonder how one could make use of that level of power on the street. While E85 runs a bit cooler than E10, it seems to me that heatsoak would still be an issue at the strip. It should be impressive for a one and done run in cool air, though.
I have a very similar setup, including the 100 wet shot. Its not a one and done. All I have for aded cooling is the VMP triple pass HE and I have made three 9 second passes consecutively with less than 10 minutes in between each. And that was in roughly 80 degree air.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
I have a very similar setup, including the 100 wet shot. Its not a one and done. All I have for aded cooling is the VMP triple pass HE and I have made three 9 second passes consecutively with less than 10 minutes in between each. And that was in roughly 80 degree air.
Impressive. I wonder if anyone has used a trunk mounted ice tank with the stock Roush HE. I am curious if that would also be a good solution to heatsoak.

Sponsored
OP
OP
hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys, can we not turn this into a heatsoak thread? Thanks :)

Thanks for the links and advice on Fuel, there are now two places near me that sell E85. (One being E90!). May be making the plunge near summer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
This is pretty close to the setup I am looking to move to. When you aren't spraying do you have to have the E85 tune loaded? Also, do you run E85 exclusively or do you have a flex tune as well?

So, it sounds like I need some ID1050x's and the Fore 1L system. Fuel system, injectors, and tune... Guess I'm looking at $4k in parts, labor, and tune? How long does the fuel system install take?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Hey guys, can we not turn this into a heatsoak thread? Thanks :)

Thanks for the links and advice on Fuel, there are now two places near me that sell E85. (One being E90!). May be making the plunge near summer.
No more heatsoak talk on this thread from me. Just curious...what is your purpose of going to E85? As I recall from many of your posts on other threads, the thing that you don't want to hear about is the exact thing that you have complained about and kept your car slow. Just sayin' :)

OP
OP
hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
No more heatsoak talk on this thread from me. Just curious...what is your purpose of going to E85? As I recall from many of your posts on other threads, the thing that you don't want to hear about is the exact thing that you have complained about and kept your car slow. Just sayin' :)
MOAR POWA :) When I decide to go custom tune I'm doing the fuel system as well so I can run E85. I will be in Europe for a few weeks in June so I may get this all done while I am gone. Warranty will only have about a year at that point.

IMCHRGD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackson
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Roush
MOAR POWA :) When I decide to go custom tune I'm doing the fuel system as well so I can run E85. I will be in Europe for a few weeks in June so I may get this all done while I am gone. Warranty will only have about a year at that point.
Im getting mine switched over to e-85. First thing is to put in the 36 gallon fuel tank i just picked up, ugg
Ill have a tune for 93 and a tune for e-85. 93 mostly for the winter.
Sponsored