Which aftermarket radiator?

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
So the Dewitt is a dual pass.I thought a dual pass the inlet&outlet would be on same side.

Thanks will be giving him a call
Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
So the Dewitt is a dual pass.I thought a dual pass the inlet&outlet would be on same side.

Thanks will be giving him a call
It's single pass and dual core, not dual pass. You are correct that dual pass would have inlet and outlet on same side.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Ok got it šŸ‘

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I own a 2016 MY GT/PP. Have not had an opportunity to attend a track day or HPDE since installing the radiator.

There is a lot of excellent discussion in this thread from people who regularly track their vehicles. Members like @Flyhalf, who has logged more than a few laps on track in his Mustang, has provided a lot of insight on what it took him to get CHT and coolant temps under control on track. Based on what I learned in this thread swapping the radiator is the first step and how often you track the car and how hard you drive will determine the extent of mods needed.

As it relates to your question about dual pass vs triple pass, there was a very good discussion early in this thread. I opted for dual pass due to the cooling system requirements to effectively support a triple pass. I would encourage you to talk to John Dingman (@luckydingman) at DeWitts. He is very knowledgeable and was very helpful when I was going through the decision making process.
So there was no issues with the Dewitt & whipple larger upgraded heat exchanger?or does the Dewitt radiator just get closer to engine?

Last edited:
OP
OP
turbofiveoh

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It's single pass and dual core, not dual pass. You are correct that dual pass would have inlet and outlet on same side.
Thanks for clarifying, I meant to type dual core not dual pass.

Sponsored

OP
OP
turbofiveoh

turbofiveoh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So there was no issues with the Dewitt & whipple larger upgraded heat exchanger?or does the Dewitt radiator just get closer to engine?
Radiator is closer to engine, no issue with the HE. Upper radiator hose might need to be modified.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/which-aftermarket-radiator.149581/post-3079336

If you have the composite whipple overflow tank you might have some fitment issues.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/which-aftermarket-radiator.149581/page-3#post-3105010

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I should be good with whipple overflow tank.Mach 1 use GT350 whipple tank that mount to the outside of frame rail.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Wow the Dewitt HP radiator is $899.with shipping & tax over1k

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
DeWitts has 2 radiators for mustang - one is with 1.25in tubes and there is one with 1in tubes. I have roush SC and after all the measurements I decided to go with "thinner" one to be on safe side. It should still be thicker than mishimoto.

The issue is - I ordered it back on black friday from Summit racing, still waiting for it to get delivered. I can wait for another 2 months, but such long lead times are still discouraging. I got it with $100 discount, otherwise I would have picked a different option.

Just FYI

Ryan_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2013 GMC Sierra, 2015 Maserati Ghibli
They dont interfere. It moves slightly closer to the engine.

Sponsored

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Just pick up Dewittā€™s HP radiator was week for $300 from there garage sale.just had a stain on the core.the fan should cover all of that
4C2BDF0B-1E1E-4199-A93B-4143EC9691F9.png

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Just wonder if I should do the ford racing water pump.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Weā€™ll just found out the Dewitt radiator doesnā€™t fix automatic cars.it sucks I got a great deal on and its a really nice well made radiator.The stain on not that bad and the fans will cover. Iā€™m going to call them tomorrow and see if they will that it back.Donā€™t think so because it was a garage sale & was as is.might have to try and sell it.Iā€™ll be look at other rads and they all seem to work with automatic cars. I just should have ask that when I call them ,but it does say for manual on they web site.I like the C&R but itā€™s pricey !!!

Hostil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Weā€™ll just found out the Dewitt radiator doesnā€™t fix automatic cars.it sucks I got a great deal on and its a really nice well made radiator.The stain on not that bad and the fans will cover. Iā€™m going to call them tomorrow and see if they will that it back.Donā€™t think so because it was a garage sale & was as is.might have to try and sell it.Iā€™ll be look at other rads and they all seem to work with automatic cars.I like the C&R but itā€™s pricey !!!
What do you mean by " doesn't fix automatic cars"?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Weā€™ll just found out the Dewitt radiator doesnā€™t fix automatic cars.it sucks I got a great deal on and its a really nice well made radiator.The stain on not that bad and the fans will cover. Iā€™m going to call them tomorrow and see if they will that it back.Donā€™t think so because it was a garage sale & was as is.might have to try and sell it.Iā€™ll be look at other rads and they all seem to work with automatic cars. I just should have ask that when I call them ,but it does say for manual on they web site.I like the C&R but itā€™s pricey !!!
I'm sure you could find a workaround if the issue is simply fitment with the separate OE trans cooler.
Sponsored