OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
LOL.....they tried to charge me extra for mine!
I would have paid extra rather than have to go back there and deal with those azz-clowns. Like I said in my OP, after discovering the shipping blocks left in I’ve developed a whole new disrespect. Funny, I never got a survey from Ford on this one.
Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
My car had them listed on the window sticker and the dealer had them listed as part of the useless $2,000 "dealer performance pack" on their additional sticker. They give me a discount because I pointed out the car already came with them that way. They ended up taking $250 off the cost of the car.

twbthird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP convertible, Ruby Red
Mine were in a separate package - 4 lugs and 1 adapter - in the car on delivery. The factory does not install them.

It's far more likely that the dealer removed them and they are now for sale in thier parts department than that the factory forgot to put them in the car. In any case, you are entitled to them.

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
The dealer forgot to install them during the delivery process on a previous car I bought. When I noticed it a few days later, I went to the salesperson and they quickly took care of this.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I'd give the sales person a ring and tell him your situation - maybe they will just mail them to you.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So this is interesting. There are two security packages for 2023. An enhanced package and a lite package. No clue what this means or even if it pertains to the 22' models. But at least you have the information.

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 5.57.01 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 5.57.34 PM.png

Here's the one for 2022

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 6.01.44 PM.png

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, call off the dogs and I apologize for the false alarm. My bad. When I brought the car home I took out the owner’s manual to study up a little. My wife, thinking the lugs would rattle, stuffed them into the available secret compartment. Thinking it was empty I never bothered to look there. My apologies for cussing the dealership although at least not by name. They still left in the shipping blocks though.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
My '01 GT had just the opposite problem. Locks on the wheels, no key. Brand new car, 3 miles on the odometer. McGard makes them, a very quality product. They should include, the pouch, key, 4 lugs and the very important cars with security code so you can get replacement keys or lugs hould you need them.

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
I asked my dealer not to do anything to the car so I found mine in the big packaging with the floor mats and license plate bracket in the trunk. This bag was opened and initially I thought someone took the gas funnel only to find it installed in the spare bay two days later.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Well, call off the dogs and I apologize for the false alarm. My bad. When I brought the car home I took out the owner’s manual to study up a little. My wife, thinking the lugs would rattle, stuffed them into the available secret compartment. Thinking it was empty I never bothered to look there. My apologies for cussing the dealership although at least not by name. They still left in the shipping blocks though.
Shipping blocks? Thats way worse, they deserve all the hate.

Sponsored

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Check your lugs. One on each wheel should look a little different than the others.

edit: is the bag still sealed from factory or has it been opened? If it’s been opened the dealer likely installed them for you
Yep, you were totally right and I just checked my tires and each one has a different lug! They didn’t mention they installed them and I never thought to check. Glad I stumbled across this post and finally paid attention! 😂 Thanks for the help 👍

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shipping blocks? Thats way worse, they deserve all the hate.
It really is pretty slouchy. I mean, how hard can it be? It may have been posted tongue-in-cheek but I swear I think I read somewhere in these pages that the cars ship with a big sticker on the glass reminding them to remove the blocks.

Thing is, most people aren’t on forums that prompt you to check for such things and they’ll just motor along until whenever. Plus, it makes you wonder what all else did or didn’t get done.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I specifically told my dealer not to install mine and just put in the trunk. I threw in my tool box when I got home and promptly ordered a set of Gorilla solid lugs for mine. I then put the factory lugs and the locking ones in a box in the back of my garage with all my other useless stuff never to be used again. I have endured enough of the swollen 2 piece lugs in the past on my various Ford products to know better than to leave them on.
Sponsored