Sponsored

Wheel locking kit: have I been ghosted?

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Hey guys, my Mach’s sticker shows a “security package-wheel locking kit” as a no charge item. I have the standard wheels and none have a locking lug. Likewise there’s no key nor anything resembling a kit in the glove box, console or trunk. Looked under the little tire inflator, nada. Am I missing a secret hiding place or is this something they should have handed me at delivery? After discovering a couple days ago that they failed to remove the shipping blocks I’m getting the impression these ol’ boys are pretty slack. They’re a small-ish country town dealer and I don‘t think they see many Machs.

If anybody had a pic of the kit I’d appreciate it.
Sponsored

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Mine were in the glovebox too, under the manual in a plastic bag. Sounds like they may have forgotten to include it for sure.

I found this image on Google but I’m almost positive mine came in a similar bag:

9D8FBFAA-7A84-47C8-BD7C-12392869BFB5.jpeg

DandeeLioness

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dandee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Well now I’m wondering after checking my bag….I think I may be missing some pieces? I never noticed, if so! 🤦‍♀️

7742C46A-8D64-42D2-B25C-C18D7C1944E7.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Well now I’m wondering after checking my bag….I think I may be missing some pieces? I never noticed, if so! 🤦‍♀️

Check your lugs. One on each wheel should look a little different than the others.

edit: is the bag still sealed from factory or has it been opened? If it’s been opened the dealer likely installed them for you

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP

Definitely makes me wonder where the locking lugs are if you had that in your car. That makes no sense unless whoever prepped it set them on their scissor lift and then just completely forgot to put them on and now are sitting on a toolbox in the shop somewhere.

I'd contact them and ask them about it and have them check with the tech that prepped your car.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hey guys, my Mach’s sticker shows a “security package-wheel locking kit” as a no charge item. I have the standard wheels and none have a locking lug. Likewise there’s no key nor anything resembling a kit in the glove box, console or trunk. Looked under the little tire inflator, nada. Am I missing a secret hiding place or is this something they should have handed me at delivery? After discovering a couple days ago that they failed to remove the shipping blocks I’m getting the impression these ol’ boys are pretty slack. They’re a small-ish country town dealer and I don‘t think they see many Machs.

If anybody had a pic of the kit I’d appreciate it.
Did they remove the kit from the glove box when they did the PDI for some reason? If they’re not used to seeing it they might have taken it out 🤷‍♂️

Lilmags500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jody
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1 19 F350 20 Fusion Ti 19 Escape Ti
The kit comes in the bag with the floor mats and manuals .... Usually when it goes to PDI they install the locks and then put the key and the 4 stock lug nuts in the glove box . If not , bring your window sticker back to the parts dept. and they can get you a replacement set at N/C if the original kit grew legs ....

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
Hey guys, my Mach’s sticker shows a “security package-wheel locking kit” as a no charge item.
The security package should be $500 and would include two items : active anti-theft system + wheel locking kit.

1674847351002.png

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The security package should be $500 and would include two items : active anti-theft system + wheel locking kit.

1674847351002.png
Interesting.

Mine for sure shows “no charge”. Maybe it’s hidden in some other package somewhere.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Interesting.

Mine for sure shows “no charge”. Maybe it’s hidden in some other package somewhere.
It’s included in the Elite Package if you have that

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Mine was missing it, I was pretty pissed because i had to drive from the tire place to the dealer to pick them up. They handed me over used ones. Trying to make them give me new ones :facepalm:

@ OP I would go back to your dealer and demand them. Why would they put that on the sticker and not give you wheel locks?

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s included in the Elite Package if you have that
Yep, I do have the Elite package but all it shows on the sticker is radio related stuff. It might show it in Build and Price but I’d almost rather tape firecrackers to my junk than try to use that app. It’s been squirrely as a peach orchard boar for the entire 3 model years I’ve tried to use it.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yep, I do have the Elite package but all it shows on the sticker is radio related stuff. It might show it in Build and Price but I’d almost rather tape firecrackers to my junk than try to use that app. It’s been squirrely as a peach orchard boar for the entire 3 model years I’ve tried to use it.
It shows it in the order guide too which is where I saw it. So it probably shows it as a separate item on the window sticker but that would be why it shows as N/C as it’s included as part of the Elite Package and the price paid for that package

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
LOL.....they tried to charge me extra for mine!
Sponsored