It's been a decade but I have a Mustang again

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I think your steering might be due to tram lining, my 19 bullitt does this a lot. It follows contours of the road like crazy. Just a thought
Per a Ford engineer in one of the review articles:

"Then we also shared with the GT500 that stiffer intermediate shaft on the steering shaft." Simple things like adding that splined intermediate shaft from the Shelby GT500 combined with tuning efforts... delivered noticeable dividends. The Mach 1’s sharp steering features just the right level of assist. Moreover, the car tracks straight, even over rough pavement, which is an improvement over even the stellar Shelby GT350, which was prone to steering itself on uneven roads.

“So part of that is the hardware, that I-shaft, and part of that is the great work that John has done,” Del Zio said. “With those two things, along with the MagneRide, we were able to mitigate, that rut wander, both on the big-tire car and even on the smaller-tire base car.”
Sponsored

OP
OP

samstrano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Handling Pack
Been a little while since I updated, and I've been pissing around with the car a fair bit. So here goes, cross posting to the autox/track section too.

Been to three autocrosses, and tomorrow makes the second track day. Been on 2 sets of pads so far (not due to wear, to test). Been on the OEM Michelin Sport Cup 2's, Falken RT660's and just put on some Goodyear Supercar 3's. Again, not becasue I smoked any of those, testing.

I am most likely taking the car to SCCA TT Nationals @ NCM next month to run Sport 2.

I'm enjoying the car a lot. Even on a B-street PAX for autox I've been 2nd at both events (the 3rd I ran out of order so my results didn't show. This is a nothing trick Mach 1 Handling pack car that's aligned and has been on Falkens and a set of Pagid RSL29 pads.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Been a little while since I updated, and I've been pissing around with the car a fair bit. So here goes, cross posting to the autox/track section too.

Been to three autocrosses, and tomorrow makes the second track day. Been on 2 sets of pads so far (not due to wear, to test). Been on the OEM Michelin Sport Cup 2's, Falken RT660's and just put on some Goodyear Supercar 3's. Again, not becasue I smoked any of those, testing.

I am most likely taking the car to SCCA TT Nationals @ NCM next month to run Sport 2.

I'm enjoying the car a lot. Even on a B-street PAX for autox I've been 2nd at both events (the 3rd I ran out of order so my results didn't show. This is a nothing trick Mach 1 Handling pack car that's aligned and has been on Falkens and a set of Pagid RSL29 pads.
What did you change with the alignment?

OP
OP

samstrano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
What did you change with the alignment?
It's a handling pack car so I took the little set screws out of the camber plates and threw some negative camber at it, and fix the toe. Not much else to do to be honest with you. -2.7 on the camber up front. Not really sure how they came to negative 2.25 in the factory setup guide.

OP
OP

samstrano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Again, this in the track section. Because it is Mach 1, that I track. :-)

Yesterday went pretty well. Happy with my pad change. If anybody has a performance pack Mustang and is looking for some track pads let me know I have some with only three sessions on them for sale. Pagid RSL 29s.

Did 1:56.8 on a day that was at least as hot or maybe hotter than the last one. I could do that time or times right around there on more than one lap. And with a slightly smaller at least on paper, rear tire. 305 Goodyear supercar 3's all the way around. I'm pretty happy with it. This is I think what I'm going to go with for my time trial setup. Don't have lots of other choices anyway.

I ran the RT660 at the last track night at Pitt race. They were quick but fell off a really fast. The Goodyears I can't at least count on and lean on for the duration of the session.