Whats your ONE mod?

Grant4514b

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT, 2020 GT500
welp, 1st mods? thats a tie. getting ppf & ceramic make life 1000X better. BUT, wheels are equal to that. its the 1st thing to truly make it "yours"

Is that a matte white now? that looks amazing
Yes Xpel Stealth gives the car a matte finish.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
welp, 1st mods? thats a tie. getting ppf & ceramic make life 1000X better. BUT, wheels are equal to that. its the 1st thing to truly make it "yours"
Agree, first mod (car was less than a week old) ceramic coating. Favorite mod, wheels.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I love those tail lights. They would look so good on my black car
Possibly I'm mistaken, but they look like the stock European tail lights.
There are more than a few in Europe who have swapped the clear European tail lights for the red/amber US-versions. We don't get the GT350/GT500 in Europe, but if the GT500 and Mustang GT tail lights are the same, you might have luck if you post in e.g. the UK forum asking if somebody wants to swap.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
To all of you who have been enjoying your cars, whats the ONE mod (performance, functional, or cosmetic) you are the most happy with and couldn't imagine your car without?

Us guys that are now awaiting our 21 orders need something else to obsess over while we wait!
Exhaust for sure. First thing to change on any car I've owned.

Sponsored

SEERED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
20 GT500-LOUDMOUTH LIME
The rear louver for the greenhouse, it was a game changer this summer.

Svt4me38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 A10 Edlebrock, ECO F-150 and ECO Expedition
Speaking of mods... anyone who needs Kooks 2inch headers for their 2020 Shelby.... have them in stock and can ship same day :-) shoot me a pm.

94B5417D-DD7D-4204-A690-67D30ADF2FD1.jpeg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Why cover that lovely clear coat though? Matte stripes, I can see easily on multiple colors but a matte finish on the whole vehicle? I've never seen one done in this film, but my gut tells me it wouldn't be my cup of tea.

Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Why cover that lovely clear coat though? Matte stripes, I can see easily on multiple colors but a matte finish on the whole vehicle? I've never seen one done in this film, but my gut tells me it wouldn't be my cup of tea.
I believe Joe Gatt on IG ha his FPB done in this film too, and it looks really cool and different in person

OP
OP

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
I understand completely. Most vehicles look best in gloss.. HOWEVER, until you see a car like the gt500, C8, or any car with aggressive lines, angles, etc with this finish in person... its hard to understand the difference it makes. Pics don't do it justice.. The satin finish takes the glare out of the gloss which oddly makes the lines and angles of a car really stand out and noticable. More so than with standard gloss finish. Which is why you see so many exotics going to satin finishes.

Now if you throw a satin/matte finish on a soft vehicle like say a tesla... ehhh.

With all that said, its def not for everyone. I personally have seen about a handful of satin/matte finished cars. A few I liked and a few I didn't. The one that suprised me was a lead foot Gen II Raptor. It looked great with Stealth PPF.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I understand completely. Most vehicles look best in gloss.. HOWEVER, until you see a car like the gt500, C8, or any car with aggressive lines, angles, etc with this finish in person... its hard to understand the difference it makes. Pics don't do it justice.. The satin finish takes the glare out of the gloss which oddly makes the lines and angles of a car really stand out and noticable. More so than with standard gloss finish. Which is why you see so many exotics going to satin finishes.

Now if you throw a satin/matte finish on a soft vehicle like say a tesla... ehhh.

With all that said, its def not for everyone. I personally have seen about a handful of satin/matte finished cars. A few I liked and a few I didn't. The one that suprised me was a lead foot Gen II Raptor. It looked great with Stealth PPF.
I feel like the colors without a lot of flake/pastel colors such as LFG, TO, White etc would look great with the stealth ppf